What's new

GIVEAWAY! Captain's Choice lathering bowl PIF

My package of goodies arrived. Although @borwish gets credit for the great PIF, the Captain (@Captain Pre-Capsize) surprised me with extra goodies: some shave soap samples, an aftershave sample, and a full jar of shave cream. Everything smells great. Best of all, Mrs. HMS loves the smells.

I will try the bowl out for tomorrow’s shave and report back.

Pictures, we must have pictures.
DBBB9C96-E575-47EE-8694-93ED373B09F5.jpeg
99065052-FDFE-4539-9B3B-3DC43AD4488F.jpeg

I used my new lather bowl this morning with some Castle Forbes Lime soap and an Edward Jagger badger brush. It was a lot of fun to swirl it around a bunch of times and see the lather build. I probably used more water than usual, but that had a nice effect of making the lather slicker. I used my Tatara Masamune razor with a new Nacet blade. The shave was excellent. I can see that I am going to enjoy using the bowl a lot.

I am eager to start trying the Land Ho! Soap soon.

Thanks again to @borwish and @Captain Pre-Capsize.

I used my new lather bowl this morning with some Castle Forbes Lime soap and an Edward Jagger badger brush. It was a lot of fun to swirl it around a bunch of times and see the lather build. I probably used more water than usual, but that had a nice effect of making the lather slicker. I used my Tatara Masamune razor with a new Nacet blade. The shave was excellent. I can see that I am going to enjoy using the bowl a lot.

I am eager to start trying the Land Ho! Soap soon.

Thanks again to @borwish and @Captain Pre-Capsize.
Land Ho is one of the Captain's best scents IMO.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
My package of goodies arrived. Although @borwish gets credit for the great PIF, the Captain (@Captain Pre-Capsize) surprised me with extra goodies: some shave soap samples, an aftershave sample, and a full jar of shave cream. Everything smells great. Best of all, Mrs. HMS loves the smells.

I will try the bowl out for tomorrow’s shave and report back.

Pictures, we must have pictures.
View attachment 1439142View attachment 1439143

Its no secret that I am a huge advocate for Captains Choice! And this is because I find Captains Choice products 2nd to none! Their aftershaves and shave soaps are high quality, and their creams really are creamy. And who doesn't love their gorgeous lather bowls and scuttles!

I think you will enjoy those scents provided to you. The Venture has a masculine scent, kind of reminds me of mens cologne. The Italia has notes of Vanilla and Almond, and smells absolutely divine! I have both a shave soap, and a aftershave of Italia! I haven't tried the Lime aftershave, but the Lime shave soap smells nice, but the scent is too weak IMO, it needs to have a stronger citrus lime scent to it.

And that lather bowl, I just wanted to tell you, that you are lucky to own it, why? Well, that is one of Captains Choice's earlier products lines, a since discontinued lather bowl, which means, its going to become rare one of these days, and who knows, might even be a collectors item one day. Congrats on winning the giveaway!

I expect a full report from you on all those scents, let everyone know how you like them. HEHE 😁

Top Bottom