What's new

Women's Shaving

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'd really like my wife to enjoy wet shaving as much as I do. I recently purchased a Gillette Bikini trimmer with the accompanying shaving creams etc for her because she didn't want to try a DE or SE razor. She already has the Venus for general shaving.

I know next to nothing about women's shaving so it was suggested by several women here that I start a thread to discuss the experiences the women of B&B have had. I'd really like to know what razors work for you.... what soaps or creams.... what after shave balms work the best. And anything else you deem appropriate.

I'm not a woman but my wife is, she uses synthetic brushes and her current favorite razor is a Razorock switch, I bought her a Leaf and I don't think she's used it

I'm not a woman either but my wife uses a vintage Gillette lady starburst (she likes my super Adjustable as well). She isn't fussy about blades. She uses a cremo shave stick 99 percent of the time and also TOBS grapefruit sometimes in the summer both hand lathered. HMMV lol.

I'd really like my wife to enjoy wet shaving as much as I do. I recently purchased a Gillette Bikini trimmer with the accompanying shaving creams etc for her because she didn't want to try a DE or SE razor. She already has the Venus for general shaving.

I know next to nothing about women's shaving so it was suggested by several women here that I start a thread to discuss the experiences the women of B&B have had. I'd really like to know what razors work for you.... what soaps or creams.... what after shave balms work the best. And anything else you deem appropriate.

Welcome to B&B, Sir Phoenixkh!

As far as ladies shaving goes, that's a touchy subject!

In my limited experience, my LOTH really does not want to hear about shaving suggestions!
I've offered razors, blades, even ladies brushes; "thanks but no thanks"!

She's happy with her foam and carts; occasionally I can get her to replace an old, clogged cart with a fresh one.
But, she doesn't object to my shaving indulgences, so all's good!

aos lady brush.jpg

I'm not a woman and I don't play one on TV, but I did get my wife off cartridge razors by convincing her to try the Henson razor, which she now loves.

But now she's got RAD and has added a Twig razor, a vintage Lady Gillette, another Henson in a different color, she has some kind of ladies razor coming from Yaqi along with some stuff from Qshave, and I think she's trying to give Stirling Soap company their best year ever.

I've created a RAD monster....

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Welcome to B&B, Sir Phoenixkh!

As far as ladies shaving goes, that's a touchy subject!

In my limited experience, my LOTH really does not want to hear about shaving suggestions!
I've offered razors, blades, even ladies brushes; "thanks but no thanks"!

She's happy with her foam and carts; occasionally I can get her to replace an old, clogged cart with a fresh one.
But, she doesn't object to my shaving indulgences, so all's good!

View attachment 1438749
That has been my experience so far as well.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm not a woman and I don't play one on TV, but I did get my wife off cartridge razors by convincing her to try the Henson razor, which she now loves.

But now she's got RAD and has added a Twig razor, a vintage Lady Gillette, another Henson in a different color, she has some kind of ladies razor coming from Yaqi along with some stuff from Qshave, and I think she's trying to give Stirling Soap company their best year ever.

I've created a RAD monster....
I wouldn't mind that, I don't think..... I know there are better methods of shaving for her just like there have been for me. Or maybe not.... I might just be biased because I'm enjoying shaving now... I know it's just a chore for her.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I would like to say that my girlfriends are now shaving with straight razors but they're not.

It's interesting that they enjoy watching me SR shave.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The only thing my wife likes better then shaving her legs with a DE, is always having me shave her legs with a DE.

She has her own Lady Gillette Blue Starburst and a Lady Gillette Trac II. She prefers a black badger brush to really exfoliate her legs. We share whatever creams & soaps we have.

Once a month like clockwork, she will bring me her brush, razor and chosen soap or cream to shave her legs.

I always ask her when is she going to shave her own legs and she responds with a simple word. “Never.” :)

When I tell her I got her, her own DE and brush for a reason, she says she also has her own husband to go along with that brush and razor as a shave set. Shaves included.

I do realize it’s a good thing and shaving her legs is taking out intimate time to be together. I have to admit, I have gotten pretty good at it over the years and her legs come out silky smooth. :)

My wife tried the Henson and did not like it. Once she tried the Leaf she was hooked. She has no interest in brushes or soaps, though.

My wife has being very happy with the PAL injector I gave her a couple years ago.

She was in the shower about to start shaving her legs one day, I was shaving, she forgot her disposable and asked me if I could hand her one, so I took my chance, reached for the most forgiving razor I had at the time (PAL injector) and she was like: “this is not my razor but I’ll give it a try”. She hasn't used anything else ever since.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
My wife has being very happy with the PAL injector I gave her a couple years ago.

She was in the shower about to start shaving her legs one day, I was shaving, she forgot her disposable and asked me if I could hand her one, so I took my chance, reached for the most forgiving razor I had at the time (PAL injector) and she was like: “this is not my razor but I’ll give it a try”. She hasn't used anything else ever since.
Nice.... I hope to find a decent solution for my wife and just buy it for her to try... My Lupo DE aluminum is pretty mild... I might just try to hand it to her... see if she gets on with it.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I loaned my wife my aluminum Lupo to try. She said it will come up in her rotation in a couple of weeks.

A couple weeks? There is no time like the present! When those hairs dare to toy with your sensibilities of refinement, you must vanquish them accordingly. By Grandthors hammer, follicles be damned! 😁

Nice.... I hope to find a decent solution for my wife and just buy it for her to try... My Lupo DE aluminum is pretty mild... I might just try to hand it to her... see if she gets on with it.
Just a reminder that there are two blade faces on that. It may seem obvious to you, but working with the razor head facing down makes it easier to make a mistake. Just something to remind the SO if you hand them a DE...

I have heard of people using half blades or taping over one side also.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
My wife currently uses merkur 42c, she is very satisfied and likes the 42c much better than the Schick Intuition she used before.
She didn't use a brush, but just smeared damp soap directly under her armpits; the soap was also homemade, so she didn't need any cream.

I also keep the Razorock aluminum lupo for her, if one day her 42c corrodes or gets damaged, she should love the nice design that covers the tabs even more.

Top Bottom