What's new

I Just Ordered A Bunch Of Shaving Supplies - Opinions?

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
PROMISE to not buy ANYTHING for a month!

I promise not to buy anything more for an entire year! I am hoping with only once every 2-day shaves, I can get 152 blades last an entire year. Like I already said above, I got stuff I'm still awaiting to come in, one of them that Maseto brush from China. But once everything comes in, and I post the last pictures, the ordering stops, no more.

While you guys are on topic about interventions, what about all the collectors who admit to have 100+ soaps lol.

I've already spent as much as I was willing to spend. After all the stuff arrives in the mail, I won't be ordering anymore for the year. The plan was to get a years worth of supplies of soap, and I think I've achieved that. As always, I will continue posting pictures for all the stuff that comes in.
You done goofed already! There are certain times of the year when all the big sales are, prepare to feel the pressure in November. If not sooner! Get on the mailing lists and start learning, don't wait until somebody on here posts about a sale that you weren't expecting. I am being serious for once, as best I can.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

You done goofed already! There are certain times of the year when all the big sales are, prepare to feel the pressure in November. If not sooner! Get on the mailing lists and start learning, don't wait until somebody on here posts about a sale that you weren't expecting. I am being serious for once, as best I can.

I don't suffer from Black Friday sales like that. I know a lot of people do, can't wait to storm through the doors of Brick And Mortar buildings, or crash online website from everyone ordering at the same time. But that doesn't work on me.

I get hit with adds constantly from TV, they also don't work on me. If I buy something, its because I want that thing, or need that thing. I don't let others make the choice for me. I've also seen what addictions do to people, real addictions. I don't have an addiction based personality.

I know you guys haven't known me long enough to believe that. And thats fine, but I won't be spending anymore money. I surely aint going to be using this site to buy stuff from people. And I know I've already said that before too, I don't use forums to make transactions.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I don't suffer from Black Friday sales like that. I know a lot of people do, can't wait to storm through the doors of Brick And Mortar buildings, or crash online website from everyone ordering at the same time. But that doesn't work on me.

I get hit with adds constantly from TV, they also don't work on me. If I buy something, its because I want that thing, or need that thing. I don't let others make the choice for me. I've also seen what addictions do to people, real addictions. I don't have an addiction based personality.

I know you guys haven't known me long enough to believe that. And thats fine, but I won't be spending anymore money. I surely aint going to be using this site to buy stuff from people. And I know I've already said that before too, I don't use forums to make transactions.
This place is probably the only place on the interwebs that I would feel 99.99% safe in buying from ANYONE that has 100 posts.

And I don't trust my own Grama when it comes to money!

No judgement from me, just trying to help based on my experiences. Knowing what you want and planning for a known sale is the opposite of letting the advertisers win to me. What they want is impulse purchases(frequently) and I wouldn't be caught accusing anybody of making such a purchase. I am bumping up against limits right now myself and I know something I want in about 4 months, it is no trouble for me to wait versus paying interest to have it sooner. Well, except for a soap order coming up soon... :letterk1:

Cool! Curious to know what that is though, a razor? Or something else entirely?
He is a one man show and isn't going to be making these forever...

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Alright guys, some more supplies came in today, I got a total of three things to show you...

Bic Chrome Platinum Blades. These 100-blade packs come sent to you in an envelope shape, so once you open it, it reveals an impressive display. Can you see my eyeballs come out of my sockets in the shape of hearts? 😍

proxy.php

I will let you know how I like the blades, once I've had a chance to use them.

Now, lets have a good look at some Thayers Whitch Hazel!
proxy.php

I tell you what, this stuff smells amazing! There is nothing like a good lemon scent to make you smile in the morning. I will let you know how I like this stuff once I've had a chance to actually use it.

And finally, the Proraso Aftershave Balm...
proxy.php

The smell of this actually really surprised me. Somebody on here told me that it doesn't smell the same as their soaps, and they are correct. It smells better! HAHA. I will let you know later if I enjoy using this, but judging by the scent alone, I think I will! 😍

Great stuff, @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker ! Iterating @GaryTha , ARKO! brand sticks of shave soap are the crowning achievement. Birmingham’s own @saj1985 luxuriates with his family in a mountain of ARKO! At the same time, you did just press the button on 2-3 years of daily shaves, so it can be part of your future.

Bic Chrome Platinum are a great blade in my opinion, so I hope they’re as or more enjoyable for you. If not, there’s always many other choices.
Yes once you've been to mount arko, there's no coming back lol 😆

The ARKO! stick is just a stick of shave soap wrapped in foil paper. I like loading my brush from a bowl and then face lathering, so I pressed a stick of ARKO! into the bottom of a coffee cup.
I usually cut a piece off and push it down into the bottom of my pereira shaving bowl, works a treat and this stuff cost peanuts

Funny thing is I sent my cousin a few things as like a PIF, Bali razor and some blades and he told me he's started shaving his head and before I even got a chance to mention it he said he's got some arko and loves it, I predict hell be climbing the summit of mount arko soon lool 😂

Alright guys, some more supplies came in today, I got a total of three things to show you...

Bic Chrome Platinum Blades. These 100-blade packs come sent to you in an envelope shape, so once you open it, it reveals an impressive display. Can you see my eyeballs come out of my sockets in the shape of hearts? 😍

proxy.php

I will let you know how I like the blades, once I've had a chance to use them.

Now, lets have a good look at some Thayers Whitch Hazel!
proxy.php

I tell you what, this stuff smells amazing! There is nothing like a good lemon scent to make you smile in the morning. I will let you know how I like this stuff once I've had a chance to actually use it.

And finally, the Proraso Aftershave Balm...
proxy.php

The smell of this actually really surprised me. Somebody on here told me that it doesn't smell the same as their soaps, and they are correct. It smells better! HAHA. I will let you know later if I enjoy using this, but judging by the scent alone, I think I will! 😍
You got some good stuff, I love the Bic blade very sharp and smooth

Proraso range you can't go wrong with

Not tried Thayers but got the Dickinson one (think that's what it's called) but always wanted to try Thayers but got the Dickson one because it was cheaper for more amount at the time tbh

Just remember you don't need to spend a lot to get a good shave

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I am curious. Some of you seem to love Arko so much, I'd define it as loving it religiously, practically cult like. So, a guy has got to ask. What makes Arko so special, that it earned a place to create a mountain of them in your home? Is it the scents of Arko? Is it the performance of Arko? What is it exactly? 🤔

I am curious. Some of you seem to love Arko so much, I'd define it as loving it religiously, practically cult like. So, a guy has got to ask. What makes Arko so special, that it earned a place to create a mountain of them in your home? Is it the scents of Arko? Is it the performance of Arko? What is it exactly? 🤔
A combination of low cost and good performance. I guess the polarizing scent has something to do with it too.

I'm not an Arko fanatic though.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
ARKO! works even though I’m too stupid to make a proper lather. This initial citronella overdose quickly mutes and leaves a scent I associate with pleasant, carefree shaves. What better reason for the saponified blasphemy than: Slick, easy to use, affordable.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Hello everyone!

Showing you guys a quick update on the stuff received. The Caties Bubbles took a long time to get here, as the package was delayed due to severe weather. Upon opening the box, I realized that the seller on Amazon used the most annoying packing material ever, foam peanuts. What a mess...

Stirling Black Cherry Shaving Soap With Complimentary Lemon Body Soap Sample!
proxy.php

Caties Bubbles Shaving Soap!
proxy.php

Davidoff Cool Water Cologne!
proxy.php

Many of you have already gotten a report on how the Black Cherry performs, but a quick recap, performs awesome, as long as you get the proper water to soap mix ratio right, it needs less water then Tabac or Proraso. If your looking for a quality shaving soap that smells good, I recommend Stirling Black Cherry.

Caties Bubbles just came today, so I haven't had a chance to try it. Initial dry puk scent sniff, not impressed. However, some shave soaps need to be bloomed and wet, for the scents to really come alive. Proraso White is a perfect example of that, it smelled a bit better when wet. Performance of a soap is most important however, so hopefully Caties Bubbles performs well.

The Davidoff Cologne is exactly what I was hoping for. As already mentioned, I scoured the internet to find out what Black Ice freshener trees smell is, and I discovered through my research, that Davidoff Cool Water was the scent I was looking for. And I freaking love it so much, I have to recommend it to you all! The scent is not overly strong, its a bit on the subtle side, which means its not overpowering. Comes with a very nice sprayer tip, wide pattern. This cologne can be bought in different bottle sizes.

Top Bottom