What's new

Blade Storage Device

Morse Code: I was appalled when it was shelved. So glad you’re passing it on. Progress is overrated.

The lock box is standard gear for touring musicians.

Gotta ask:

Why do I see so many razors being stocked. I’ve got my little sugar pot and you guys have bazookas.

Obviously it’s gonna take awhile to use them up. Is it that much cheaper to buy in bulk?

Serious, here. I’m new to DE blades.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Gotta ask:

Why do I see so many razors being stocked. I’ve got my little sugar pot and you guys have bazookas.

Obviously it’s gonna take awhile to use them up. Is it that much cheaper to buy in bulk?

I literally JUST THIS WEEK bought blades in "bulk" for the first time. Here's my reasoning:

I love Gillette Silver Blue blades, but I have one in the wrapper that I got 54? or maybe more shaves on. FIFTY FOUR! I just use it once in awhile now. It's part of a pack of 50 that someone on here, @Highspeedlane gave me when I first joined. I still have 35 of those.

@Grundi is always putting on a "Challenge" PIF that usually has about 15 or 20 gents partake of. Lots of times there are 3 different blades, usually 2 or 3 of each one. Our "Man in Israel" a true gent here, @Space_Cadet and @AnimalCatcher, another true gent, give Grundi the blades to PIF.
I ALWAYS get in these, as the blades are almost without exception for my incredibly handsome face, high quality, and sometimes hard to obtain!

And I really AM half Scotch. And half Soda, so I'm cheap. I just am. I like saving money, almost as much as I like divesting myself of it: too much money is not a good look on me, lol. So the Scotsman in me is "frugal", and I'm afraid of my wife, so there is NO WAY I will ever have 7 or 8 thousand blades. I'm NOT judging; I'd have 1 million blades if I wasn't afraid of my lovely War Department. Meaner than a three legged junkyard dog. True story doggone!

The absolute best way for you to get blades to try out is by getting ahold of my "best.friend.that.happens.to.be.a.blade.dealer" @dmshaver ....He is a topper notch human than @Owen Bawn half of the time. Direct message him, and he will tell you how to obtain blades. @Toothpick used to do it, "The Great Blade Exchange"..... but he got smart, and poor David hit his head or sumptin and took over the job recently.
If you mention my name "Dave the Tanned Farmer" he MIGHT add an extra blade or two! (Yeah, he likes me THAT much!)

Or I can send you some. Honestly, this is one place that is as close to Heaven on earth that you will ever see. I believe it is impossible to "out give" God, and the folks on Badger and Blade come the closest to living that out. Really, stick around here for a bit and you will see what I mean.

FarmerTan

Man I'm long winded. I never said WHY I bought blades: they are made in Russia, the ones I bought, from a place in Jersey or New York? Anyway, I just wanted 150 blades that I KNEW I liked, and if the Lord don't want me closer to Him as soon as I'd like to get there, I wanted the "security" of knowing I had 150 more blades. Yeah, that paragraph sounds as stupid to me as it does to you, lol. But we are MOSTLY a bunch of grown men sitting around talking to each other about removing hair from our faces, so don't laugh TOO loud!

I literally JUST THIS WEEK bought blades in "bulk" for the first time. Here's my reasoning:

I love Gillette Silver Blue blades, but I have one in the wrapper that I got 54? or maybe more shaves on. FIFTY FOUR! I just use it once in awhile now. It's part of a pack of 50 that someone on here, @Highspeedlane gave me when I first joined. I still have 35 of those.

@Grundi is always putting on a "Challenge" PIF that usually has about 15 or 20 gents partake of. Lots of times there are 3 different blades, usually 2 or 3 of each one. Our "Man in Israel" a true gent here, @Space_Cadet and @AnimalCatcher, another true gent, give Grundi the blades to PIF.
I ALWAYS get in these, as the blades are almost without exception for my incredibly handsome face, high quality, and sometimes hard to obtain!

And I really AM half Scotch. And half Soda, so I'm cheap. I just am. I like saving money, almost as much as I like divesting myself of it: too much money is not a good look on me, lol. So the Scotsman in me is "frugal", and I'm afraid of my wife, so there is NO WAY I will ever have 7 or 8 thousand blades. I'm NOT judging; I'd have 1 million blades if I wasn't afraid of my lovely War Department. Meaner than a three legged junkyard dog. True story doggone!

The absolute best way for you to get blades to try out is by getting ahold of my "best.friend.that.happens.to.be.a.blade.dealer" @dmshaver ....He is a topper notch human than @Owen Bawn half of the time. Direct message him, and he will tell you how to obtain blades. @Toothpick used to do it, "The Great Blade Exchange"..... but he got smart, and poor David hit his head or sumptin and took over the job recently.
If you mention my name "Dave the Tanned Farmer" he MIGHT add an extra blade or two! (Yeah, he likes me THAT much!)

Or I can send you some. Honestly, this is one place that is as close to Heaven on earth that you will ever see. I believe it is impossible to "out give" God, and the folks on Badger and Blade come the closest to living that out. Really, stick around here for a bit and you will see what I mean.
Damn, man...I'm gonna nominate that one for 'Post of the Year"! :)

I'm definitely getting fantastic vibes here. Will stick around for sure.

FarmerTan

Damn, man...I'm gonna nominate that one for 'Post of the Year"! :)

I'm definitely getting fantastic vibes here. Will stick around for sure.
Well, I AM an Ambassador, or "EmbassyDoor".... So the dude named @Toothpick and @luvmysuper make me say nice things!

If I don't, they tell my wife, and I end up in the crawlspace for a few days. I got it rough, I tell ya!

So far my wife's been very very good about my shaving obsession.

1) I have an extremely smooth face. She's not a fan of that bad boy look.

2) It's WAAAAAYYYYY cheaper than my guitar and electric guitar gear obsession that this wonderful shaving experience has, at least temporarily, replaced.

Had a great shave from a puck from Adagio Soap Company, today btw. They sent me a couple of freebies when I bought a Dirty Bird Brush Scuttle. Gave the Bay Rum a try and it delivered in spades!

Gotta ask:

There's lots of reasons for that.

It can be a lot cheaper, good blades can be had for 10-15 cents each when you buy 100+.

Maybe you want a fresh blade for every shave, why not?

Once you find blades you like, the tendency is to buy a lot in case they get changed or discontinued.

Blades don't really go bad, so you can buy enough for a decade and store them. They'll get used, eventually. Perhaps by your heirs.

Of course, it's easy enough to go overboard, which a lot of people do. You won't need to shave after your death, as far as I know. So there is a natural limit.

There's lots of reasons for that.

It can be a lot cheaper, good blades can be had for 10-15 cents each when you buy 100+.

Maybe you want a fresh blade for every shave, why not?

Once you find blades you like, the tendency is to buy a lot in case they get changed or discontinued.

Blades don't really go bad, so you can buy enough for a decade and store them. They'll get used, eventually. Perhaps by your heirs.

Of course, it's easy enough to go overboard, which a lot of people do. You won't need to shave after your death, as far as I know. So there is a natural limit.
Cool...

I figured the economic avenue would be an allure.

I am, actually, starting to move towards everyday from every other day.

The discontinued thing is a biggie. Finding I love the yellow Feathers and the Astras.

Long time storage: I could put them in my wife's dresser! 🥳

Thanks...I joke but you have good points there.

FarmerTan

Cool...

I figured the economic avenue would be an allure.

I am, actually, starting to move towards everyday from every other day.

The discontinued thing is a biggie. Finding I love the yellow Feathers and the Astras.

Thanks...I joke but you have good points there.
Which Astra do you like better? The SS or the SP?

Cool...

Maybe you're joking, but that is not a bad plan! I don't think any elaborate storage device is necessary. All I use is plastic freezer bags. Each brand in its own small bag and then all the small bags in one extra large bag. Roll up the lot and put it in a dresser drawer. I keep any loose blade tucks in an aluminum canister on top of the dresser (it's better not to store your blades in the bathroom).

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Some of you could use one of these. <ducks>

multi-drawer-tool-box-cabinets.jpg

FarmerTan

I’ve only tried the SP, so far. Which do you like better?
I like the SS..... I THINK I might have a skin issue with the Platinum or whatever is used on the SP...

If I FORCE myself to have a little irritation for about 2 or 3 shaves, the SP then becomes pretty much identical to the SS, which easily, USUALLY gives me 15+ shaves.

Or it's all in my head, which truly is entirely possible!

I got a nice coin case from lidl

Had it a while can store loads of blades looks good and got a key and lock on it like a briefcase so handy if you got young kids

One side the lock isn't working and so isn't the mechanism so reminds me to see if I got warranty or if I can see any online solutions

I picked these storage containers up at Harbor Freight the other day. Hard to beat for $3.99 each. 5 tucks fit in each section, except the two sections at the handle, more would fit if you just put in loose blades of course.

20220413_101553.jpg

Top Bottom