What's new

New York Shaving Company

Oh I see, your telling me you have already maxed out all your credit cards, and you want mine to? Not gonna happen. You know what I suggest? Start making your credit payments, and do it fast, otherwise that APR is gonna rip a hole in you the size of mount everest. With my razor purchase, I get interest free for 6-months if paid in full by then. And no, you can't have it lol.

No, not quite. I pay my CCs in full, making sure I dont max out any of my CCs and I dont start to collect APR. The reality is that I want to spend YOUR money so that I can buy razors, creams, and soaps for myself.

Thanks buddy !!! 🙃

Gentlemen! For your wallet wrecking pleasure, may I suggest the following lemon shaving soap:

FYI -
THE ART OF SHAVING has a great lemon scent shaving set that I loved. It was one of my first sets I purchased when I got into DE shaving.

They have since discontinued it after I puchased it 10 years ago.

So when I finish my lemon shaving set, poof.... That will be gone.

At least Sterling makes a nice lemon shaving soap.

Do you believe in love at first sight?

I don't have a full report on this yet, that will come later. But I received my first Artisan fancy soap from Stirling, the Black Cherry? I unscrewed the lid and took a sniff, as soon as I did, I fell in love with the soap at first site. I had to screw the lid back on quickly, I hope nobody was watching! So guess what soap will be next for my next shave, yep, you guessed it, Stirling Black Cherry.

I think I know why Artisan soaps cost more, they smell way better. Also, just looking at the consistency of the soap in the container, looks way different then Tabac or Proraso soaps. I think people call these artisan soaps, soft s
20220409_124655.jpg
oaps? Is that what it is? All I know is, what it is, is going on my face in 2-days. Yes sir!

You can't make the scene if you don't have the green, so bring on the Old Saint Patricks soap, I'll bring the Stirling Black Cherry, we can have a shaving party woohoo. :thumbup:
Here is a couple of pics I wanted to show you when it comes to Sterling Soaps Sample Packs.
One pic is the one I originally acquired of the scent packs.
I purchased another sample pack from them this week which arrived today.
Here are the pics.

Attachments

• 20220409_125113.jpg
    20220409_125113.jpg
    956.2 KB · Views: 7
Here is a couple of pics I wanted to show you when it comes to Sterling Soaps Sample Packs.
Here are the pics.
I know you didn't reply to me, but those St James creams are wonderful! I may order another pack of samples before I get a full size set. You can squeeze the cream right onto a damp brush and go right to your damp face(HT Geo) or the bowl. Be careful with water, you only need a little more added. I got bad performance until I figured this out. It is now going to be my dedicated "in a hurry" cream and the smells and the gel... :001_wub:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I know you didn't reply to me, but those St James creams are wonderful! I may order another pack of samples before I get a full size set. You can squeeze the cream right onto a damp brush and go right to your damp face(HT Geo) or the bowl. Be careful with water, you only need a little more added. I got bad performance until I figured this out. It is now going to be my dedicated "in a hurry" cream and the smells and the gel... :001_wub:

I think other then looking for good performance, one of the reasons why we buy different soaps, is for the scents. If all we had is the same sent day in and day out, it would get boring after while, a lot like what Tabac was doing to me after using the same soap for a week, something had to be done lol. When you combine a good performing soap, with an excellent scent, its hard to say no.

And recently, I've become a true believer in Stirling soaps, I am all in from now one. Also, its hard to tell just how deep those sample puks go. From the picture, it kind of looks like they are maybe 1/8" to 1/4" deep? Considering how many samples that Discomike got, I'd like to think that would last him awhile. Hopefully, he will find ones that he really enjoys, and buys the full versions of them.

Time to start the shave soap party! WOOHOO! :thumbup:

We love our soaps :001_wub:

Here are the pics.
OK, maybe I'm just an ENABLER, but you are missing Stirling Sandpiper! I got a free Sandpiper bath soap sample in an order from Stirling. I am now a proud owner of the full-size Sandpiper shaving soap, aftershave splash, and Balm. 🙃 Maybe you should check out Stirling Satsuma as well....

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

OK, maybe I'm just an ENABLER, but you are missing Stirling Sandpiper! I got a free Sandpiper bath soap sample in an order from Stirling. I am now a proud owner of the full-size Sandpiper shaving soap, aftershave splash, and Balm. 🙃 Maybe you should check out Stirling Satsuma as well....

Interesting, and just how does a sandpiper play?

REEEEEKKKKKOOOOOLLLLLLAAAAAA

1649530996506.png

You got to be old to remember these commercials, they predated the Y2K bug. lol

I got the satsuma. I don't think the second pic of my second sample pack of Sterling came through. Here it is. I received these this morning. I did not find this sample pack as stellar as my first one. I think I will send some back.

What does the sandpiper smell like?

And don't worry about being an enabler. I have a simple solution to that. Every purchase I make, I like to blame others. 😁😁😁

Works pretty well for me.

20220409_124655.jpg

Thats not bad really! 30-shaves is a whole month if one is a daily shaver. Double that is one is a 2-days shaver like me. Cool. 😎
So will this convince you to try out other Sterling soaps in a sample size? They are really worth it and I would love to hear your thoughts when you start using them.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

So will this convince you to try out other Sterling soaps in a sample size? They are really worth it and I would love to hear your thoughts when you start using them.

Well, thinking about it, doesn't means that I am going to do it. Just means, my already tired brain, is pondering the ways. But, now that you have all those samples, I would love it if you kept me updated, as to what soaps you liked over others, or if you liked them all. I know you won't let me down Discomike, you got your head on straight. 🤠

What does the sandpiper smell like?
I'm terrible at describing scents so from the Stirling website:

"Scent Description

This scent has top notes of Cardamom, middle notes of Bergamot, Cedar, and Lavender, and base notes of Vetiver and Caraway. It's sophisticated and crisp and very masculine.

Inspired by YSL La Nuit de l'Homme"

I found Sandpiper to be an intoxicating cologne scent.

I've also fallen way off the topic of the thread. Sorry about that!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Oooh look what came in the mail today....

This is the best scent that New York Shaving Company offers.

If you like Musk - this is the scent you want from the New York Shaving Company.
View attachment 1439942

I need you to describe the scent in detail, after you've fully experienced all 3 items, and tell me how much you love them. HEHE. Awesome stuff that came in for sure, happy for you. 😁

@Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Haa haa.....

They are all from the same scent. A nice deep Musk scent. I really enjoy it, which is why I jumped from the sample size to the full blown product. I not only got the creme... But also the soap variant and the after shave balm.

That is how highly I think of this scent. Deffinetly one of my faves

Along with a number of TOBS scents -
Sandalwood, rose, lavender, royal forest

A lot of Sterling soaps....

And as soon as I start going through my other sample soaps that are sealed, I am sure I will find many favorites as well that are waiting to be used in my shaving cabinet.

I better start building an sql database to make a record of my favorite soaps and creams so that I won't forget.

I have a lot of winners at my disposal.

Top Bottom