What's new

A special thank you to all the members and this site.....

Even more blame gratitude to share with everyone here on my purchase.
My first two SEs purchased - from another forum member.
Notice that the steel is from Solingen.

20220404_164230.jpg

All of these DE and SE razors that were posted here were acquired within less than two weeks since I've been a forum member on B&B.

Just got my Tabac soap that I ordered from Amazon today.

This is another purchase that I can place blame thank the forum members here on B&B for introducing me to this product.

20220404_181157.jpg

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Don't forget Bryston and Sim Audio. Oh, and B&W, and Linn, and Krell, and Musical Fidelity, and Mirage and B 'n K that both hit my bank account hard.

This shaving thing of ours is small potaters compared to many other 'hobbies'.
Vandersteen, Van Alstine, Rega... for me... mid fi... but they still sound excellent.

I've been a DE shaver for 10 years now with my Merker Futur and my Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood soap, the Art of Shaving creams and shaving kits, Proraso Pre-Shave lotion, along with a few other shaving creams and a variety of blades from various manufacturer at my disposal which I've been quite happy with.

Now that I've been here a couple of weeks now placing posts and interacting with the forum here, learning of other new soaps and creams, learning of other razors that the members here use, I want to say a words to all you members out there that contributing to the forum...

I was quite happy with what I had going. Damn to you all... Damn to this site... for tempting me spend money on additional razors, new soaps, and new creams. I've placed 4 different orders to West Coast Shaving this past month. Oh look.... I just placed another order as I am typing this out. 5 orders now to West Coast Shaving. And couple of other orders for sample soaps and creams.

How am I supposed to make a living now with all of you showing off your soaps, creams, and razors ? How is a man supposed to live this way ??? Go on... Please... tell me !!!

I once had a joyful life before knowing of this site. Now its all about shaving. Shaving Shaving Shaving....

It begs the question....

Do I live to shave, or do I shave to live ??? Why is life sometimes so difficult ???!!!!

How does one stop the madness ???
Looks like to still need to dive into the BRUSH pool.......
There are other very good web stores to get goodies besides that one......:eek2::straight:I try to buy from all of them...

Poor fellow. You have my condolences.

May I suggest placing it, opened, in the attic to help repel pests.

So I take it you are not a fan of Tabac ? I purchased it because it is popular on here, and I wanted to give it a shot for myself to see if I like it.

So I take it you are not a fan of Tabac ? I purchased it because it is popular on here, and I wanted to give it a shot for myself to see if I like it.
I believe its one of those ymmv scents. I've not smelled it, but as you can gather from comments, its...distinctive.

(I'm pretty wide ranging for scents, as a female, I sort of draw the line at the 'it smells like a lumberjack in a pine forest smoking a cigar and drinking rum' when it comes to my own self).

It's got good performance, but it's also the only soap that my wife has banned....

My brother knows nothing of wet shaving or Tabac and the first words out of this mouth were, "It smells like a grandma!"

It's got good performance, but it's also the only soap that my wife has banned....

My brother knows nothing of wet shaving or Tabac and the first words out of this mouth were, "It smells like a grandma!"

Oh so your brother is one of "those".... you know the type.... The black sheep of B&B......
The cartridge razor guy....

:c4::c4::c4::c4::c4::c4::c4::c4::c4::c4::c4::c4::c4::c4:

I believe its one of those ymmv scents. I've not smelled it, but as you can gather from comments, its...distinctive.

(I'm pretty wide ranging for scents, as a female, I sort of draw the line at the 'it smells like a lumberjack in a pine forest smoking a cigar and drinking rum' when it comes to my own self).

So you are one of those "rare species" here on the B&B. You are a.... GIRL ???!!! :-O :-O :-O

:-D

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Just got my Tabac soap that I ordered from Amazon today.

This is another purchase that I can place blame thank the forum members here on B&B for introducing me to this product.

View attachment 1434549

Congratulations buddy!

My take on Tabac shaving soap is this, it may not have the best scent in the world, but holy cow, does it lather well, nice and slick. You really want soaps that use talow as their base, cause thats where the ultimate slickness comes from.

I hope you discover Tabac the same way that I have.

Top Bottom