What's new

I’ve been away

I was an avid straight razor shaver, then DE. I grew a beard at the beginning of covid and had kept it until now. With so little surface area to shave to keep it neat, I just used a sensor and some shave gel. Well, I just shaped a nice Van Dyke, so again have most of my cheeks and neck to shave. My re-introduction to DE shaving was courtesy of a 70s super speed with a Derby blade, badger brush, and AOS lavender shave cream. Nary a Nick. Just like riding a bike. It’s nice to be back.

Cheers

Attachments

• 710EE072-71ED-44DF-894E-E60D5AE72EC4.jpeg
    710EE072-71ED-44DF-894E-E60D5AE72EC4.jpeg
    733.9 KB · Views: 18
  • AC1668F4-2020-462A-BFB1-17E346EBD673.jpeg
    AC1668F4-2020-462A-BFB1-17E346EBD673.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Welcome back. I am curious, why move to DE shaving after being an avid SR shaver? That move is very uncommon.

Meh. Don’t remember. But I think the straight was just too much concentration at 5:45 every morning before work… the novelty wore off I suppose. I have some beautiful straights and used them on occasion before my beard. I will get back into straights at some point I’m sure.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I was an avid straight razor shaver, then DE. I grew a beard at the beginning of covid and had kept it until now. With so little surface area to shave to keep it neat, I just used a sensor and some shave gel. Well, I just shaped a nice Van Dyke, so again have most of my cheeks and neck to shave. My re-introduction to DE shaving was courtesy of a 70s super speed with a Derby blade, badger brush, and AOS lavender shave cream. Nary a Nick. Just like riding a bike. It’s nice to be back.

Cheers

Welcome back sir!

Now I hope we have learned a lesson, when you stop DE shaving, your whole life goes up in smoke. So, the answer is to keep DE shaving, and thus, enjoy life. I noticed that the pandemic caused a huge FAD of men deciding to no longer shave and just let themselves go.

I however only grow a beard during the winter time to keep warm, its not a fashion statement I assure you. I originally came to the forum to get knowledge on a better hair clipper to buy, cause I needed to manage all of that hair. I was electric shaving prior to winter.

Since coming to the board, all these wonderful folks converted me back to the side of the light, and now I am a DE shaver. Welcome back, now keep on DE shaving, and enjoy life. :)

Top Bottom