What's new

Bad razor from someone on B&B

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want peoples opinions here. I bought a razor from someone on here who does seem to sell alot of high end razors. It was a private transaction, i had asked if he had any of this model, he did, and set me a price that while on the higher end for a super adjustable (gold), the price tag seemed justified as he described it as top notch. I did ask for a picture but he stated that i would be very happy with any of his razors, and said i could return for a refund if not.

Now it arrived and most of the gold on the safety bars was worn off, and under the head it was nearly all gone. The numbers are nearly all or part missing. I would not class this myself as top notch, as every other razor i bought from here was as described and had all plating intact.

I think B&B is great and im not calling into questiuon B&B in any way shape or form. But i feel that there is an honour code round these parts, which all members should adhere to.

I contacted the member, and can see from his profile he has been online at least 3 more times since i sent the message, and has listed more items, but has not got back to me about this at all. :thumbdown

This isnt a name and shame, but i wanted your peoples opinions on what i should do. Fair enough, if it wasnt as described and he refunded part of the money or accepted the return i would be ok, but ignoring me and carrying on trading doesnt sit right with me at all.

Last edited:
This email which alerted me to the PM from B&B shows i asked him the question about plate loss and got a 'no'. See below:

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear npinn001,

You have received a new private message at Badger & Blade from xxxxxxxxxx, entitled "Re: Final Email - Promise".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:

This is the message that was sent:

Yes the razors are top notch- no plating issues and they open smoothly. No, I'm not aware of any issues with safety bars on these razors. The only thing that tends to happen is the black handle can wear over time or if dropped. And yes, you can buy just the gold one. Paypal funds + $5 shipping to:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks!

---Quote (Originally by npinn001)---
xxxx xxxx,

I dont think i have as much free money this month as i thought as my MOT is due, so if possible i would like to take the gold super adjustable on its own for now.

It was very good of you to offer 10% if i bought all three, but i will just have to foregoe that offer, and take the one for now.

does it come with a case? Send me your paypal, cant seem to find it, and i will send the funds.

Best regards, and thanks for your patience.

- Show quoted text -
---End Quote---

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:

All the best,
Badger & Blade

I would talk with the moderators. They would have some good insight. If someone misrepresented a sale in any way I think the community should know. This is a great forum and I think it should stay that way. It will only stay that way if the members keep it that way.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I would keep it all PRIVATE using the PM communication method and then return the item for a refund. I think both parties would be better served that way. Just my opinion.

I am also sorry to say that you are to be partly blamed for buying something without seeing some clear pictures of the said item. Really sad to see a bad transaction among the many great ones and hope you can sort this out with the seller.

I would keep it all PRIVATE using the PM communication method and then return the item for a refund./QUOTE]

Yes, by all means try to resolve it privately. and pictures should be seen but a mans word should be as good as pictures but some people would rather have your money than there good name.

I contacted the member, and can see from his profile he has been online at least 3 more times since i sent the message, and has listed more items, but has not got back to me about this at all. :thumbdown

I would send another PM and email (both) to give him another chance to respond. Things do get "lost in the (e)mail" sometimes.

And as suggested above, contact a moderator and ask for advice so as not to unintentionally step on any B&B rules or etiquette. Maybe a moderator will see this thread, even.

I am also sorry to say that you are to be partly blamed for buying something without seeing some clear pictures of the said item. Really sad to see a bad transaction among the many great ones and hope you can sort this out with the seller.

Sounds like you are quick to blame the victim here. He asked for pictures and appeared to think this person had integrity because of his previous presence on this board. If the sequence of events are exactly as described by the original poster, I don't see how he brought this on himself. However we all have to recognize that the same razor and the same transaction might be viewed differently by different individuals.

I do hope that this can be resolved to both parties mutual satisfaction.

One other observation is that those gold super adjustables have the worst gold plating of any razor I have seen. The plating thickness must be measured in the single digits microns. I think rubbing it hard with a damp cloth can remove some of the gold. Not sure what lacquer they used either as one of mine appears to have tarnish and blemishes even where the plating is intact!!

thankyou for your responses, i appreciate all the points of view.
i will get in touch with a mod and also the guy to resolve this. i really do just want to resolve it like the gents we are. i could understand that they may have viewed the razor differently, however i asked the question outright which is why i feel misled.

I think it is very simple. If he offered you a satisfaction guarantee, and you are not satisfied, you should get your money back. If the seller is ignoring your pms and e-mails, you need to let the moderators know so that he can be banned from the B/S/T, or subjected to whatever appropriate penalty can be implemented. I certainly wouldn't want to deal with someone who is totally unresponsive to legitimate questions after the sale.

Sounds like you are quick to blame the victim here. He asked for pictures and appeared to think this person had integrity because of his previous presence on this board. If the sequence of events are exactly as described by the original poster, I don't see how he brought this on himself. However we all have to recognize that the same razor and the same transaction might be viewed differently by different individuals.

I do hope that this can be resolved to both parties mutual satisfaction.

I apologize if what i wanted to convey was not properly put down into words. If you have been around long enough on B&B, you would have come across a few of these threads and the final outcome is usually "caveat emptor". By all means report this to the mods since they need to be aware of these 'bad apples' and they should be the ones to decide if it needs to be made public but all transactions that you choose to take part in are at your own risk and the mods will not fight your battles for you. Your best course of action would be through paypal. I know that sounds harsh but those are the facts.

I apologize if what i wanted to convey was not properly put down into words. If you have been around long enough on B&B, you would have come across a few of these threads and the final outcome is usually "caveat emptor". By all means report this to the mods since they need to be aware of these 'bad apples' and they should be the ones to decide if it needs to be made public but all transactions that you choose to take part in are at your own risk and the mods will not fight your battles for you. Your best course of action would be through paypal. I know that sounds harsh but those are the facts.

While this is true I was under the impression that if enough people complained about a particular seller, actions are sometimes taken if the mods decide that someone is truly dishonest.

*shrug*. I've never had a problem here, but I know not everyone is as honest as they should be. Fortunately that kind of thing is at a minimum here.

I also hope you get this resolved satisfactorily. I'm glad you shared, as it re-affirms the need, in applying this as a lesson beyond your specific experience, the need to excercise care in making sure that the buyer and seller are both on the same page as to the condition of an item being sold, as well as the terms. B&B has guidelines as to how to describe razors' conditions, but as they say, "a picture is worth a 1,000 words", and when buying, it is better to make your own obversations to the extent possible.

I agree with the specific adivice given about contacting a mod for guidance, and keeping it private as long as the mods agree with that

Good luck!

I agree. I notified a mod of the situation as stands, and will await a response from the seller. I intend to keep this private, thanks.

Your message is a good one, I just thought it a tad bit harsh for the buyer who is obviously not in a happy state of mind. But I think you are offering some good common sense advice and your post shows that you are a gentleman to boot.

At some point, if the issue is not resolved, and the seller is totally unresponsive I would think it would be a good idea to publish this user's name. Maybe it's just me, but I would want as much background on a seller as possible.

I would keep it all PRIVATE using the PM communication method and then return the item for a refund. I think both parties would be better served that way. Just my opinion.

A big +1. There have been too many of these "dirty laundry" threads lately (by "too many," I recall three). The site terms are clear in this regard -- communication between buyers and sellers is a private matter. Though I understand the frustration, not hearing from someone for a few days does not constitute a reason to create this sort of post, in my opinion. It's just not productive, and, being human, we tend to thrive a bit too much on negativity when so many positive things are happening all around B&B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom