What's new

We have a great community and here are a few reasons why I think so… My year in review of some interactions with a few stellar B&Bers….

Maybe we could pitch that idea to Hollywood, or even Bollywood?

" Fresh Prince as Batman, the guy that Everybody Hated as Robin, the Boy Wonder! "

I might end up a Billionaire, pickin' up my own Oscar in a few years! Yeah, that's the ticket!
In that case, remember me when you’re a billionaire. I gave you an idea, so that’s worth a million, right? I mean…we’ve just been saying how generous everyone is. 😛

" Fresh Prince as Batman, the guy that Everybody Hated as Robin, the Boy Wonder! "

I might end up a Billionaire, pickin' up my own Oscar in a few years! Yeah, that's the ticket!
Start working on your acceptance speech, you're on your way!
I hope you remember us down & outers when you've made it big.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
What a neat appreciation thread! :)

I have been on other forums, and none of them ever felt as friendly as this site. This is the only forum that I truly love right now. And this is because its made up of a great bunch of guys and gals, who understand and appreciate, the bonds of friendship, and family. While I haven't been here that long, I have already felt the love, and have made a few friendships along the way.

@FarmerTan was one of the first that I connected with, who took time out of his day to welcome me to the forum. He's a lot like me, were both very funny.....looking. HAHA! I kid I kid, but we do love to make people laugh, so were goofy all the time. But FarmerTan is also a very knowledgeable person, who has given me a few tips.

@Chan Eil Whiskers also gets a mention, I think of him as like our resident shaving brush expert. He really helped me to pick out a better shaving brush then the one that I have now. With such a huge assortment of brushes, its like a brush world out there, easy to get lost in. He helped me find the way to what I will hopefully consider, my holy grail of shaving brushes.

I have also most recently made some new friends, from more recent newcomers to the site. One of them has even offered to send me blades. But I am the type of person that doesn't feel good about people sending me stuff for free, unless I've officially won them in a giveaway. But I truly appreciate the offer though, make no mistake. Its a sign that somebody out there cares.

I also agree with more recent posts in this thread, that our real life worlds can be quite awful at times, sometimes downright terrifying! Badger & Blade is like the closest thing your ever going to get to heaven I think. And like other folks have already said on here, you guys have helped me to spend money too. So, there drains the bank account, and their goes my credit statement well inflated. HAHA!

The truth is, I am starting to realize something, I think our shaving hobby is more then just a hobby. For those of us who truly embrace the arts of wet shaving, its more then just a hobby, its a way of life, a civilized life. I can't thank you all enough for your warm hearts that you've provided to the forum. I try to provide Badger & Blade some of that as well, and yes, the humor too. lol

And the moderators do such a great job of keeping the forum clean, that I've never had to be subjected to spammers, until recently tonight, where it was the first time that I had to use the report button. So great job to the moderators, for keeping the forum running smoothly as well. Now, I've never met any of the admins of the site, I don't know who they are. But I am sure they are amazing too, they created this site afterall!

Thank you to Badger & Blade, and the amazing folks on here, for you guys have lessened my depression, and made me feel better about life. 🤗

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I've enjoyed my time here so far. I joined March 1st. The wealth of knowledge here is amazing. I had most of my shaving gear before I joined so I haven't needed to add much. I did order two highly recommended shaving brushes for just under $50.

That's the only money joining up has cost me. ;)

That said, there are several members here who shall remain nameless who I will blame if I ever take the plunge into Straight Razor shaving. Their enthusiasm is contagious... and their razors.... breathtaking. As I've already mentioned in previous posts, I have a new mantra......... I will enjoy straight razors vicariously... I will enjoy straight razors vicariously.... I Will enjoy straight razors vicariously. <eg> (evil grin... denotes an attempt at humor, sarcasm or just being facetious). ;)

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I've enjoyed my time here so far. I joined March 1st. The wealth of knowledge here is amazing. I had most of my shaving gear before I joined so I haven't needed to add much. I did order two highly recommended shaving brushes for just under $50.

That's the only money joining up has cost me. ;)

That said, there are several members here who shall remain nameless who I will blame if I ever take the plunge into Straight Razor shaving. Their enthusiasm is contagious... and their razors.... breathtaking. As I've already mentioned in previous posts, I have a new mantra......... I will enjoy straight razors vicariously... I will enjoy straight razors vicariously.... I Will enjoy straight razors vicariously. <eg> (evil grin... denotes an attempt at humor, sarcasm or just being facetious). ;)
Every day that you put off starting straight razor shaving is a day you will regret and never catch up on.

One of them has even offered to send me blades.
You realise that if I had access to your email address, I would have already sent a fake/scam email announcing that you had won a secret B&B "First new poster to type 1000 words in a week" contest or something and that you have won a prize. :w00t:

You will be getting the honorary Title however of first person not to cut themselves on their first try with an Ambassador, I hope. That would would make you an Ambassador Ambassador! Alright, I will stop before I start sounding like The Incredibly Hansom Face™️...

Edit: you will meet the mods when you least expect it, wait for the PM :devil:
They are very polite, but firm about policies. In fact, go re-read the terms again.

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

You realise that if I had access to your email address, I would have already sent a fake/scam email announcing that you had won a secret B&B "First new poster to type 1000 words in a week" contest or something and that you have won a prize. :w00t:

You will be getting the honorary Title however of first person not to cut themselves on their first try with an Ambassador, I hope. That would would make you an Ambassador Ambassador! Alright, I will stop before I start sounding like The Incredibly Hansom Face™️...

Edit: you will meet the mods when you least expect it, wait for the PM :devil:
They are very polite, but firm about policies. In fact, go re-read the terms again.

I've already read the rules, and yes, it was a lot of reading. It seems like most people get into trouble when they are trying to buy/sell in regular forums like this one for example. I've heard a lot of people have gotten banned for that sort of thing.

As far as I know however, I haven't broken any rules here. And if I was doing anything wrong, I am sure the mods would let me know. And I don't give out my email address, that alone would be a site violation I am pretty sure.

And I don't give out my email address, that alone would be a site violation I am pretty sure.
I don't think so, pretty sure several people communicate IRL. What I always keep in the back of my head is the growing number of vendors who know who I am IRL. I am putting a LOT of trust in them not to abuse that. Remember that when you write reviews of products that you just got. You are helping them out, but how they handle negative feedback shows their true character. Luckily we have a great group of vendors here, hopefully. 😬

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Ya, and if I cut myself with the Rex Ambassador, then I will just blame it on Farmertan with his dashing good looks. :p
Seriously though, if I screw up with that razor, it will be my own fault. As long as the razor and the blade in it isn't faulty that is.

But ya, I'll try a product, and then I will tell it like it is, good or bad. Thats why I have a hard time trusting some Youtube reviews, cause many of them are sponsored, and its difficult to trust the honesty of a sponsored review. But I am not sponsored, so thats why I say, I will tell it like it is.

If a product is good, you will hear good things. If a product is bad, I will let you know it.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Have been AFBB (Away From B&B) for some time, and I find a really wonderful to see these Stan the Man references after all these years! The stuff of legends.
Yeah. Unless you get a custom title That Just. Won't. Go. Away!!!

Dont forget to thank your lawyer. I think your supposed to thank your lawyer.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Dont forget to thank your lawyer. I think your supposed to thank your lawyer.
Amen. I've been blessed with several friends that are lawyers, and some that have now gone to their Reward, sad for me, but glad for them.

Being a nurse is easy to do good, because you are appreciated for it.

Lawyerin' is not for the faint of heart: no one appreciates them until they need one, usually.

Top Bottom