What's new

CJB3 Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Meet Member CJB3

122603.jpg

@CJB3 has been a member of B&B since Aug 17, 2018

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

In 2018, I became fed up with the rising price of carts, so I searched the net for alternatives. I’d always been a little fascinated with traditional shaving, and when I stumbled upon this placed and the wonderful community here, I felt right at home.

The saving money part hasn’t exactly worked out, at least not yet, but I did gain an interesting hobby.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?

I worked in a variety of roles in the private sector for most of my career—new product development, consulting, corporate research. Six years ago, I joined the Federal Government, where I manage large data projects.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?

I was born in Austin, Texas, and that city still holds a special place in my heart.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

That’s a hard one. I like Northern Virginia—quite a bit—where I currently live. My wife is from Southern California—and there are several places there where I wouldn’t mind living—San Diego for example.

I like Maine and Vermont, but I think the winters would be too cold for me. I suppose the Outer Banks in North Carolina would be a top choice as well. I love the beaches there and the laid back feel.

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?

I play guitar, and I am lucky to have several nice guitars—Martins and vintage Gibsons among them. I also practice Judo. I’m blessed to have two wonderful children—an eight-year-old daughter and an eleven-year-old son. Interestingly, it’s my daughter who shares my passions for guitar and Judo. It’s been my great pleasure to teach my daughter guitar the past few years.

My son is into baseball, and I spend a fair amount of time practicing with him—so that’s kind of a hobby too.

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?

I love the Beatles. Paul and John are tied for my favorite. I chose John for my avatar though because I have a bit of a rebellious streak that John appeals to.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?

Perhaps Abraham Lincoln—he’s one of those towering figures who played a pivotal role in our history, keeping our country together by sheer force of will and intellect. I have unbounded admiration for him and his accomplishments.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?

There are still so many places I’d love to visit in the U.S. and abroad—Italy and Japan among them. I’d also like to learn to scuba dive.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?

Raising my two kids.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?

The secret to happiness is wanting what you have.

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?

Invisibility.

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?

I’m pretty happy being a human animal, but it would also be cool to be some kind of powerful bird like an eagle—soaring through the sky.

13. What kind of music do you like?

I like many types of music—classical, rock, jazz, bluegrass, blues, etc. On the guitar, I tend to play finger style blues and acoustic rock. I try to play a little bluegrass too.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?

Atticus Finch in to “Kill a Mockingbird.”

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?

“Things I Did and Things I Think I Did”

Meet Member CJB3

View attachment 1423588

In 2018, I became fed up with the rising price of carts, so I searched the net for alternatives. I’d always been a little fascinated with traditional shaving, and when I stumbled upon this placed and the wonderful community here, I felt right at home.

The saving money part hasn’t exactly worked out, at least not yet, but I did gain an interesting hobby.

I worked in a variety of roles in the private sector for most of my career—new product development, consulting, corporate research. Six years ago, I joined the Federal Government, where I manage large data projects.

I was born in Austin, Texas, and that city still holds a special place in my heart.

That’s a hard one. I like Northern Virginia—quite a bit—where I currently live. My wife is from Southern California—and there are several places there where I wouldn’t mind living—San Diego for example.

I like Maine and Vermont, but I think the winters would be too cold for me. I suppose the Outer Banks in North Carolina would be a top choice as well. I love the beaches there and the laid back feel.

I play guitar, and I am lucky to have several nice guitars—Martins and vintage Gibsons among them. I also practice Judo. I’m blessed to have two wonderful children—an eight-year-old daughter and an eleven-year-old son. Interestingly, it’s my daughter who shares my passions for guitar and Judo. It’s been my great pleasure to teach my daughter guitar the past few years.

My son is into baseball, and I spend a fair amount of time practicing with him—so that’s kind of a hobby too.

I love the Beatles. Paul and John are tied for my favorite. I chose John for my avatar though because I have a bit of a rebellious streak that John appeals to.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?

Perhaps Abraham Lincoln—he’s one of those towering figures who played a pivotal role in our history, keeping our country together by sheer force of will and intellect. I have unbounded admiration for him and his accomplishments.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?

There are still so many places I’d love to visit in the U.S. and abroad—Italy and Japan among them. I’d also like to learn to scuba dive.

Raising my two kids.

Invisibility.

I’m pretty happy being a human animal, but it would also be cool to be some kind of powerful bird like an eagle—soaring through the sky.

I like many types of music—classical, rock, jazz, bluegrass, blues, etc. On the guitar, I tend to play finger style blues and acoustic rock. I try to play a little bluegrass too.

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?

Thank you for the interview, I enjoyed reading it 👍🏽

Meet Member CJB3

View attachment 1423588

Raising my two kids.

Invisibility.

Great interview thanks. I was in Austin from 1984 to 1996. Lots to like there - going back to visit though it has really changed, mainly due to explosive growth.

Great interview thanks. I was in Austin from 1984 to 1996. Lots to like there - going back to visit though it has really changed, mainly due to explosive growth.
Austin has definitely changed. I do think it has managed to preserve its essential weirdness, though.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

So yes, you fit right in here!

George is also great. Hard to imagine the Fab Four without any of them.

I've seen some interesting commentary about how good a drummer Ringo actually was.

I know he gets short shrift on the singing and songwriting side, but he was integral to the overall finished product.

So yes, you fit right in here!

I've seen some interesting commentary about how good a drummer Ringo actually was.

I know he gets short shrift on the singing and songwriting side, but he was integral to the overall finished product.
I totally agree about Ringo. Great drummer and underrated. His drumming on Rain is sheer genius. Such a nice and funny guy too.

Top Bottom