What's new

What Badger Shaving Brushes Do You Recommend?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
A little late to the game but...

First, I was going to suggest a Maseto brush but @Chan Eil Whiskers beat me to it! I have had two and
really liked them. (I ended up PIFing them to friends who I introduced to wet-shaving). I have a
dozen Rooney Supers and an M&F Finest and I think the Maseto are pretty damn close in terms
of density, softness and backbone. IMHO the best value in badger brushes. The 30mm is a BIG brush.
It will be a bit of a lather hog but you will enjoy it. I really like the Maseto Memphis 26mm two-band,
the handle is great for bowl lathering.

I also bought a Parker faux horn Silvertip as my first brush. I bought it on Amazon because I did not
know any better and it was one of the few brushes available on Amazon Japan (It sure looked pretty!).
It is a floppy brush but none more than some of my Vintage Rooney's. I keep it now for nostalgia's sake.

As far as stands go, as @hairless wonder has pointed
out, prong width is a big issue. I had problems finding a brush holder for my 30mm. What I ended
up doing is taking a cheap plastic one, heating it up gently over a gas stove and then widening the
prongs with a pair of pliers. (I had a black one so it didn't matter if I burned it a little). Or you could
try soaking the plastic one in boiling water to soften the material to widen the prongs. In any case,
enjoy the Maseto!
The only place I could see the Maseto was on eBay and it said the owner was going to be gone until April 8th... is there another source? This was just a fast google search....

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
The only place I could see the Maseto was on eBay and it said the owner was going to be gone until April 8th... is there another source? This was just a fast google search....

The guy sent me an email to remind me of that. China is having outbreaks of covid in his local neighborhood, so everybody is forced to stay in their homes and ride it out for two weeks. He offered to give me a refund if I didn't want to wait, I declined.

Through my conversation with him, I found out that he's been a member of Badger & Blade for 10-years. I told him to look for me, because once I do get my brush, I will show it off here. I think he found it was cool that I was here too. I feel for the guy, cause he's got kids with everything going on.

But he's staying safe, I send him best of wishes to stay healthy during this crisis, he seems like he's got a good head on his shoulders. Because of that conversation, I feel even more good about buying from him. There is a saying that even Chinese believe, and thats, good things come to he who waits.

Patience is key. At first I wasn't patient before buying, but then I decided to get myself squared away and be patient. So I made my order, and even if I have to wait a couple weeks till their lockdown is over in their neighborhood, its still worth it.

Sometimes, its not just about the products that you buy, sometimes its about who you buy from that matters as well. Having that early service and support from that guy before he even sends out the order, I was impressed by that.

Top Bottom