What's new

Cross eyed dominate shooters! How do you compensate?

Amazing number of people with this affliction at bandb! I thought this was rare. Quite a market for a pair of glasses that might fix it.
07BA5D9A-1F14-47D5-AE15-D0E229BEFFFD.png

Seriously though, it must be less rare than I have been led to believe.

An actual product?

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Amazing number of people with this affliction at bandb! I thought this was rare. Quite a market for a pair of glasses that might fix it. View attachment 1421601

Seriously though, it must be less rare than I have been led to believe.

An actual product?
I'm going to look into this actually, just for watching TV. I literally spend 90% of my waking hours with my right eye closed and I'm right handed. Thank you my friend.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Right handed / left eye dominant.

Was taught to close the left eye from day one as all of the guns we had were right handed. Didn't even know of eye dominance until probably late teens. Never changed a thing, still close my left eye, even on shotgun. It works fine.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Shotgun is tricky, I break all the rules and close my left eye. I tried shooting left handed, hell no!

I've shot like that my entire life. Some of the competitive shooters, mainly Trap and Skeet shooters I shot with that have the same problem either wore an eye patch or blacked out the left lens of a pair of safety glasses or sunglasses.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
When I was shooting a long string during FTR, I sometimes shot with both eyes open even though I was looking through a high magnification scope with my non-dominant right eye. I just had to ignore what I was seeing through my dominant left eye! That was very difficult. Of course, you can cover the left eye and that solves that. If you have flip up scope covers, turn the rear one sideways to block the sight of your left eye.

Leaning into a bipod in a hay field for hours shooting Woodchucks and using the scope for spotting instead of binoc's I've had to hold my left eye closed with my left index finger from the muscle strain.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Leaning into a bipod in a hay field for hours shooting Woodchucks and using the scope for spotting instead of binoc's I've had to hold my left eye closed with my left index finger from the muscle strain.

Lol’d. been there done that. :)

Top Bottom