What's new

Who's interested in participating in an online .22LR Bullseye Pistol League?

Are you interested in joining an online bullseye league for B&B members?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Man, must of been one heck of a re-blue?
Female co-worker had ex's pistol which had gotten wet and put away, rust on one side of the pistol. She asked me to get it re-blued for her. I sent it off to S&W, cost $125.00. Came back like new. Later she wanted to get rid of it. I asked her how much she wanted for it. She just wanted to re-coup the money she had put into it. I explained that it was worth more than that, but she didn't care, just wanted to get rid of it. So I felt obliged to relieve her of her burden.

Yup, 17-3. Got it for the cost of a re-blue job.
I got mine back in late 69 early 70. I was a new butter bar Lt in the USAF, and there was a senior NCO at the clinic where I was assigned had an interest in a pawn shop. He heard me talking about a K 38 I had and one morning brought in a like new K 22, said the owner had decided it was not exciting enough. I gave him $70 for it, still shoot it a bit and have been letting the grandson shoot it.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Welp, all they had was a revolver. I wanted the Ruger Mark IV but he said he didn’t know when they would get that in. So I just picked up the revolver.

6B641847-9B69-431C-B179-2DD56344B3FB.jpeg

And of course I had to inquire about the rifle I been wanting for a long time. Henry Golden Boy .22 Repeater. He said he had one coming in on Friday. So….naturally I had to get that too.…

C764E702-5937-4031-8D11-ECCC51DDC76E.jpeg

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
This sounds fun! I've got an old bull barrel Ruger Mark IV I got when my son was little, and use it to break in new shooters, I rarely shoot it. Target sights. I think I'll sit this one out but start bringing it with me to my club (only two miles away, thankfully!) and start brushing up on bullseye. I'll get in the next one, after I build some skills (hopefully).

@FarmerTan About shotgun recoil, my son was shooting 00-Buck out of a 12 gauge pump when he was ten and probably not 110 pounds when a coach at our club introduced him to the Rob Haught push/pull technique. I'd stand off the side and the little guy wasn't even rocking with the shots after he got it down. I have no idea what the physics of it are, but it is taught at Quantico, and in every shotgun course around. Check it out.

This sounds fun! I've got an old bull barrel Ruger Mark IV I got when my son was little, and use it to break in new shooters, I rarely shoot it. Target sights. I think I'll sit this one out but start bringing it with me to my club (only two miles away, thankfully!) and start brushing up on bullseye. I'll get in the next one, after I build some skills (hopefully).

@FarmerTan About shotgun recoil, my son was shooting 00-Buck out of a 12 gauge pump when he was ten and probably not 110 pounds when a coach at our club introduced him to the Rob Haught push/pull technique. I'd stand off the side and the little guy wasn't even rocking with the shots after he got it down. I have no idea what the physics of it are, but it is taught at Quantico, and in every shotgun course around. Check it out.

This thing's all about individual progress. The earlier you start the more progress you make. Once you hit what you feel is a worthy score you'll find your growth curve is flattening out. Just jump in the water is fine.

I am still sorting through my equipment to see what works best. Today I went to the range and shot a 50 ft 10 shot target with a open sight 5.5" Ruger MK II and a optic sighted 10" Ruger MK II. Each group was shot with two hands.

20220320_183147.jpg

20220320_183154.jpg

Sounds great! Please count me in.

Tom
Welcome aboard Tom. Here's the link to our first 10-week session. The first post in this thread provides all the details. Post questions, issues, etc... in that thread two. The weeks shooting results are posted on Sunday afternoon, EST. We decided not to collect scores for last week. We practiced and got our equipment together. Shoot the three targets. If you think you can do better. Shoot all three of them over. if you want to try again... cool!

The three target set you choose to enter for the week have to be shot as one unit.

I've added you to the roster.

Here's the link to the first 10-week session. First 10-Week B&B Bullseye Session Starts Today, March 14, 2022 - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/first-10-week-b-b-bullseye-session-starts-today-march-14-2022.621862/

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I will post my practice score later today, I forgot to do that yesterday. As you will see I obviously suck with my .22 Ruger at that distance. I shot a really nice group with my Springfield 1911 9mm. I need to upgrade my sights on the Mark IV.

These are smaller than the competition targets. Top right 9mm 1911. Top left and bottom .45 1911 all at 50’ open sights.
711889B0-649A-4DB1-9363-E3267B7595B3.jpeg

Last edited:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Welp, all they had was a revolver. I wanted the Ruger Mark IV but he said he didn’t know when they would get that in. So I just picked up the revolver.

View attachment 1424358

And of course I had to inquire about the rifle I been wanting for a long time. Henry Golden Boy .22 Repeater. He said he had one coming in on Friday. So….naturally I had to get that too.…

View attachment 1424359
Now you have two Wranglers?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I will post my practice score later today, I forgot to do that yesterday. As you will see I obviously suck with my .22 Ruger at that distance. I shot a really nice group with my Springfield 1911 9mm. I need to upgrade my sights on the Mark IV.

These are smaller than the competition targets. Top right 9mm 1911. Top left and bottom .45 1911 all at 50’ open sights.View attachment 1427250

That’s pretty decent shooting.

If you think about it, those are pretty small targets at 16 yards. 50 feet is 16.667 yards. Looks like the .45 has a slight edge in accuracy over the 9mm, but isn’t the 9mm an itty bitty thing?

These are smaller than the competition targets. Top right 9mm 1911. Top left and bottom .45 1911 all at 50’ open sights.View attachment 1427250
Looking good! I'll put your score in when I get them. Please date the score on or before 3/20/2022. That helps me keep things reasonably straight.

Is my Marlin 39A a legal firearm for this? :lol:
Are you willing to cut the stock. Do you have a nice metal saw to remove several inches of barrel? I really hope "no" is your answer to both questions. Sounds like a lot of work to me...

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Are you willing to cut the stock. Do you have a nice metal saw to remove several inches of barrel? I really hope "no" is your answer to both questions. Sounds like a lot of work to me...
And then I would have a SBR and need a tax stamp. OK I will keep using the pistols.

Top Bottom