What's new

pre de provence shave soaps any good?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Just wondering @Marco, let's say it's time to reorder shaving soap and you will choose between Haslinger v2 and La Maison du Savon de Marseille Rebel. Quel savon préférez-tu?
🇦🇹 🇫🇷
I really like both brands!! Considering that both Haslinger and LMdSdM are inexpensive, why choose, Sir? :thumbup:

This sonds good to me.
Who sells it?
In the US, I think you can order from a place in the UK called Edenwood.
I really like both brands!! Considering that both Haslinger and LMdSdM are inexpensive, why choose, Sir? :thumbup:
Thanks, I was afraid I would receive the standard B&B answerTM! :biggrin:

Problem is, my PdP #63 and Original will probably last several more years, so I might never get to try Le Maison du Savon de Marseilles. I'll have to enjoy it vicariously.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
In the US, I think you can order from a place in the UK called Edenwood.

Thanks, I was afraid I would receive the standard B&B answerTM! :biggrin:

Problem is, my PdP #63 and Original will probably last several more years, so I might never get to try Le Maison du Savon de Marseilles. I'll have to enjoy it vicariously.
In my opinion, LMdSdM complements PdP very nicely because offers a third wonderful scent with almost equal performance. Here in Italy LMdSdM costs €14,90 per tin, so just like PdP, it's both inexpensive and lasts a very long time.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Just a heads up, Pasteurs is offering 10% off for St. Patrick's Day, ‘Patricks22’. That would put a puck of PdP at about $13 US, a good price for about a year’s worth of soap.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I have a question for my US friends regarding the PdP N°63 cologne (EdT?). Does it perfectly match the magnificent scent of the soap? And is it long lasting in terms of staying power?

I have a question for my US friends regarding the PdP N°63 cologne (EdT?). Does it perfectly match the magnificent scent of the soap? And is it long lasting in terms of staying power?
Yes, it's a good match and it does last. Don't expect a powerhouse though. It's a fairly quiet EdT that I don't think would offend anyone. For the price I can't find any faults at all.

The PdP 63 EdT is my wife's favorite, so I like to use it regularly. It is not overpowering at all, as noted above. In fact, I am searching for a higher end frag that has similar notes, if someone knows of one.....?

I ordered a puck of no 63 and got it today. Smells nice. like a cologne type scent. I already have the bergamot and thyme. I have test lathered the pre de provence soaps and they lather beautifully. I have a few triple milled soaps like dr harris, tobs, razorock what the puck, musgo, cade, etc and I think pre de provence is the triple milled soap I would put at the top of the pack. I have not shaved with the no 63, but have with the bergamot and thyme and had a pretty good shave with that. for 14 bucks, you get a 5 oz plus QUAD MILLED PUCK. I believe the only quad milled shave puck I have ever seen a available. good to see there are some pre de provence fan boys on here. LOL

Do not know how many times this has been milled, but it is VERY long lasting. Have a puck of the original, now about half depleted, that has been in regular rotation for almost 15 years. Added a puck of No. 63 about 2 years ago and it still looks nearly new

For me, as far as all-around quality + longevity are concerned, few soaps even approach PdP for the price. A great bargin. Both Bergamot & Thyme and 63 are wonderful, understated, classy scents. Both last forever and give a great post-shave feel. I like the leathery, spicy 63 in cooler weather, and the brighter B&T in warmer weather. Bergamot & Thyme gets a lot of use by me in springtime. The scent is light fresh, and uplifting. To me it smells like walking outside on a warm spring day, with plants and flowers blooming all around while birds are chirping, then sticking your face into freshly washed laundry hanging on the line.

Top Bottom