What's new

Which titanium razor should I purchase?

To the Blackbird lovers out there - have you been okay with applying a little pressure with the Blackbird ti in order to get the closest shave?
I'm glad that Shane gave his blessing for a little added pressure because I have always added a little in most all my razors during my shaves. As for the light touch crowd, it might work ok for SS razors but definitely not for the Titanium!! I recommend a little pressure throughout the shave...

Thanks to Shane I applied a little more pressure yesterday and got a close, smooth shave with the Ti Blackbird. Have made peace with it now and it is a wonderful razor - safe, maneuverable, great looking and the right amount of blade feel so you know what you are doing.

Wow, thank you all for the advice! I definitely see this as a situation where I'll end up getting both at some point. You can never have too many cool things right? 😬 I think I'm going to go with the Timeless .95 SB in the polished finish with the crown handle as the first one! I love the way that razor looks and from the descriptions you all gave, it should be wonderfully smooth! Plus, it looks like the Blackbird is sold out in the polished finish for the time being, so I'll just have to keep my eye on it and nab one when they're back. At that point, I'll have to make a post here comparing the two!
You really can't help but get a great shave with either razor at any time but just for fun this morning I loaded up a fresh Silver Star in the Ti95DC and took down 3 days of growth in 2.5 passes like it was nothing!! I won't have to shave until Saturday now!! If I could make one last suggestion if you decide on the Timeless is to spend a little extra for the Dual Comb option as I find doing the 1st pass with the OC and the 2nd with the SB works better than the entire shave with the SB only... Its even great to do the entire shave with the OC only sometimes...

I sure wish Shane @Blackland Razors would consider at least an OC plate in Titanium!! One can dream, right?

+1 on the Timeless. A few years back i was trying to make the same decision and went with Timeless because of the comfort factor. I get great shaves with it every time and have since added another plate. I use a .95 SB if my last shave was 1 or 2 days previous and a .95 OC if my last shave was 3 or more days previous. Great, close, and comfortable shaves.

Oh boy, I got that Timeless razor and I’m in love with titanium as a razor material now. The shaves have been amazing! But there’s a problem…

…I’ve loved it so much that I can’t stand to wait to try the polished Blackbird Ti. Just placed my order 😅

Oh boy, I got that Timeless razor and I’m in love with titanium as a razor material now. The shaves have been amazing! But there’s a problem…

…I’ve loved it so much that I can’t stand to wait to try the polished Blackbird Ti. Just placed my order 😅
Welcome to the BBB - Blackland Blackbird Brotherhood! Congrats. I have the Ti 95 Oc, but imo the Blackbird Ti tops it. I got mine in polished Ti. It is amazingly efficient, and you will need 1 less pass than the Timeless. The Blackbird Ti mows it down!! Enjoy your shaves

Welcome to the BBB - Blackland Blackbird Brotherhood! Congrats. I have the Ti 95 Oc, but imo the Blackbird Ti tops it. I got mine in polished Ti. It is amazingly efficient, and you will need 1 less pass than the Timeless. The Blackbird Ti mows it down!! Enjoy your shaves
Can’t wait to take her for a spin when she gets here! I made the horrible mistake of ordering on a Saturday, so the added day of delay in shipping is just adding to the anticipation.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Wow, thank you all for the advice! I definitely see this as a situation where I'll end up getting both at some point. You can never have too many cool things right? 😬 I think I'm going to go with the Timeless .95 SB in the polished finish with the crown handle as the first one! I love the way that razor looks and from the descriptions you all gave, it should be wonderfully smooth! Plus, it looks like the Blackbird is sold out in the polished finish for the time being, so I'll just have to keep my eye on it and nab one when they're back. At that point, I'll have to make a post here comparing the two!
Great choice. I’m a timeless fan but ss. I recently did buy the crown Ti handle to use on other heads and because it looks so nice. And of course it’s so fantastic. The build quality is insane. One thing though I was shocked at how light it is. It’s taken me some time to get used to the feather weight.

Just another vote for Timeless Ti Slim.

Recently I went back and over a period of weeks, re-tried several different classic Gillettes.

When I put the exact same blade in the Ti, I definitely got a better shave.

AA
I add one more vote. I fell in love with it when I used it for a whole month with a Feather blade in it which lasted me for the full 31 days and more.

Is the slim more aggressive than the .68? I’m guessing it has a neutral or positive blade exposure where the .68 seems slightly negative.

I just got the .68 and am not crazy about it, but I’ll need to give it a few more shaves.

Thanks - Mike

Is the slim more aggressive than the .68? I’m guessing it has a neutral or positive blade exposure where the .68 seems slightly negative.

I just got the .68 and am not crazy about it, but I’ll need to give it a few more shaves.

Thanks - Mike
I believe the slim has positive blade exposure at .50 gap

Are you finding the .68 a little mild?

The .68 has zero blade exposure whereas the .95 and the .050 slim are positive... The slim is the more aggressive razor due to the geometry being different to the original designed thicker baseplates.

Top Bottom