What's new

How to keep deodorant from affecting chosen fragrance?

I've been pairing my soaps with EDTs and have had wonderful success enjoying certain fragrances depending on the occasion or mood. However I've become more aware of scent profiles and have been noticing my deodorant's scent coming through and affecting the fragrance I've chose. I recently picked up some unscented antiperspirants however these aren't to my liking. Ive always preferred a deodorant instead of a antiperspirant. I haven't been able to source a unscented deodorant and was looking for alternatives. I've read that an alum stone can be used. Has anyone else had success with this? Or does anyone know of a good unscented solution? Thanks!

I've read that an alum stone can be used. Has anyone else had success with this?
Sounds like you’ve already got your answer. I use this all the time. I find it very effective. No scent and no odor. You also don’t get the sticky feeling you get from commercial deodorant. Works great.

Sounds like you’ve already got your answer. I use this all the time. I find it very effective. No scent and no odor. You also don’t get the sticky feeling you get from commercial deodorant. Works great.
Thanks, that's exactly what I'm after, I just wasn't sure about it's effectiveness. Will be trying this out tomorrow!

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm after, I just wasn't sure about it's effectiveness. Will be trying this out tomorrow!
I find it amazingly effective even past the 24 hour mark. On the weekend I did a 60km bike ride in the morning and got nice and sweetly. When I got back I was amazed to find that I had zero discernible BO. Confirmed but the Mrs (after some convincing). That was about 27 hours after application and after a workout!

Body chemistry does seem to come into it. It doesn’t work very well for my other half for example.

I find it amazingly effective even past the 24 hour mark. On the weekend I did a 60km bike ride in the morning and got nice and sweetly. When I got back I was amazed to find that I had zero discernible BO. Confirmed but the Mrs (after some convincing). That was about 27 hours after application and after a workout!

Body chemistry does seem to come into it. It doesn’t work very well for my other half for example.

So I don't have to feel guilty about not using my alum block anymore and can use it as a deodorant?

Can't argue with those results. I'm sold. We'll see what the Mrs thinks at the end of the day tomorrow. Haha

Top Bottom