What's new

DaniDom Shaving Brush Review | DaniDom History | An interview with DaniDom

"The mode of shaving among the Spaniards is a little different from what it is with other nations" says the author of well known Mobydick, Herman Melville. In his novella called Benito Cereno, he continues: "They have a basin, specially called a barber’s basin, which on one side is scooped out, so as accurately to receive the chin, against which it is closely held in lathering; which is done, not with a brush, but with soap dipped in the water of the basin and rubbed on the face". Here we see, how he describes a shaving process from A to Z. And then he continues, he tells the reader about the preparations that have been done in order for Don Cereno to get shaved, Melville tells how cut throat razor that has been stropped in the palm of the barber touches Cereno's neck and actually cuts it. In this scene the reader also feels the same kind of pain that Cereno might had. And then we see how the process of shaving ends with a lotion which was common in those days as there were no AS balms or whatsoever. When a shaving-lover reads these lines something feels just wrong to him. What are the things that are lacking? A pre-shave cream? No. An aftershave balm? Absolutely not. The thing that lacks there is a shaving brush which helps to harden the skin, keeps fresh our face, softens the beard. If we consider that modern shaving brush appeared during the 1750s and the space in which narration goes (in the middle of the ocean, on a ship) lack of shaving brush does not bother us, but as a person who loves to shave I can not help but ask this kind of question: "Didn't they have a shaving brush in Spain?"

As we all know, as of today we have a lot of firms that identify with the country in which goes manufacturing of products. But when it comes to Spain we may have some hard time to answer. In this review we will be looking at a brush that made me think of Spain when a question about shaving brush firms that are located in Spain: DaniDom brushes. The thing that Danidom couldn't find its place in international and Turkish shaving-related forums as it should made me write this review. I took it as a treasure that's been waiting for someone to find it. And if we take a quick look at what we are going to do and what I am going to tell you, then this interview consists of two big chapters. In first chapter we will be talking about firm's history, the unique design that they have been using for a half century, and at the end of this chapter you will be reading the review of the brush. The second chapter is the most interesting part (it was for me at least), because I had the chance to interview with the leader and owner of DaniDom, Daniel Domènech i Dot.​

CHAPTER 1

1.1. History of the firm "DaniDom"

"Joan Domènech i Castanyer, after a very hard post-war period, created the company in 1955, his effort and perseverance is an example for all of us. Our hairdressing products manufacturing company was born that same year in Torelló, Catalonia, Spain" says the firm about how their company was born. We all know that in those years there was a autarchic period going on in Spain, and in Catalonia they already had the industrial basis so this was how new firms were born. DaniDom was one of them. From the time that firm was born to 1970's the brushes that have been manufactured were sold to Francisco Millán Badia (He was the director of the firm Industrias Beter S.A.) by a gentleman named Benacloche. But in the 70's Benacloche decided to retire due to his health condition. Daniel's father took over the firm and they (father & son) had one goal in their mind: Manufacture a brush that would leave its mark in the history of classical wet shaving. But there was a problem, they didn't know about the process of manufacturing a brush as much as Benacloche, so it made them to remain as students in a game where they were once masters. Father and son, together, literally performed a study on how to make a good shaving brush, and after this process of re-learning things and exchanging views they were already in a condition where they could provide shaving brushes to Industrias Beter S.A. When Daniel was talking about this situation he said: "It was right to re-learn the things, because that hard period brought us the knot that we have today. Step by step we analysed what makes a brush good". Today Daniel runs his company with his kids Ester and David in Catalonia.​

Name of the firm sounds really interesting. Actually, as some of you may assume, the name comes from the combination of name and surname. "Dani" of Daniel, and "Dom" of Domènech: DaniDom.

Let's take a look on what kind of products they manufacture with all of those experiences and motivation​

1.2. Uniqueness of DaniDom Shaving Brushes' Handle

The thing that makes DaniDom special is not only just the experience they had the hard way, but the shaving brush handle that has a historical background also. A person who is into wet shaving and reads forums already gets the feeling "This looks familiar to me", and yes, the same shape was used by some firms, but we have to place a particular focus on DaniDom, because they are using the same shape to this day. It is, as you would also appreciate, a good sign of loyalty. Of course, as the time passes we all change, so are brushes. In time they made some improvements and changes on the handle (and some of them caused by ecological factors), but shape remains the same.​

Oh, and they also make custom brushes that can be seen here:​

Let us take a closer look on why the shape is unique. When I was reviewing Semogue brush (URL: _____) I have told you about a brush that's given by the Queen to cadets as a gift. As a reminder, here is the brush:​

The anthrax cases that is caused by shaving brushes (and not only) made manufacturers rethink about the design of the brushes. There had to be a brush that could be easily disinfected. And the design that we saw have their origins in these times. And this was how screwable brushes were born. DaniDom still continues to use this shape in their handles. Lets take a look at the photos that were taken by me.​

We have mentioned that in time the brush (not the brush itself, but the materials that were used etc.) has changed, but this is not peculiar to our days, because we can see the same change even in 1930's. The firms that were manufacturing this kind of handle once had to change the material of the handle. You know, what caused it? Species of moth.

Yes, you got me right! A box tree moth (cydalima perspectalis in Latin) could damage the handle that is made from boxwood and there was even time when they had to take boxwoods under protection because of it. Instead of boxwood manufacturers started to use ashwood, because visually it reminded of boxwood. Afterwards the unique shape gained popularity between two world wars due to hygiene concerns. In that period barbers would add a few drops of hypochlorite into the water and then dip the brush in. This sounds logical especially when you consider that there were no Barbicides (I mean, there may be some analogues to it, but it was too expensive and not everyone could afford it). And from the catalogues we are able to see that Plisson also manufactured almost the same type of brush in that period:​

And here we have something from Rubberset also. Pay attention to the handle, please:​

Now this has to be telling us something. The brushes that we can see from catalogues of well-known firms were produced approximately in the same period but in different countries, but the system remains the same: screwable handle system. As of today there is no firm like Rubberset. And Plisson manifactures brushes that are of good quality, but too much expensive. But DaniDom still continues and stays loyal to its origin.​

1.3. DaniDom Brush Review

Well, I think we have talked enough about the historical part, now we can take a look at the brush itself. The brush is fully hand-made. Here are the measures:

Overall height: 115mm.
Loft size: 61mm.
Handle height: 54mm.
Handle diameter: 30mm.
Knot size: 22mm
Handle material: Buxus sempervirens(Boxwood) + Metal part (it is made of lead)

DaniDom manufactures brushes for various firms, and EuroStil is one of them, so the brush that I have in hand made by DaniDom for Eurostil. I have to mention it. The brush comes in a plastic box, but if you purchase directly from DaniDom itself, then they will be sending you a wood box which I couldn't see even in Rooney or Simpson brushes. When I took it in hand, the first thing that caught my attention was knot and weight of the brush. Weight comes from the material, and as you can see they have used only natural materials. But on the metal part you may see some scratches that are totally acceptable, because it really does not bother its owner. On the bottom part you will be seeing a laser engraving which invited me to a "game" that I've never experienced before. Below you will be able see the game that the brush offers. When the brush was dry, one could barely see the laser engraving, but once the water touches it, you are able to see the beautiness, this is almost the same as saying "Congrats! Now you are able to see the maximum potential of our brush".​

In addition to this kind of nuance the knot is also amazing. The brush was already broken in, below you will see the picture of the knot. Pay attention to ends. It was ready to use already.​

And I have to say that this was the softest brush that I have experienced. I mean, before I had the Semogue SoC, but it would expand on my face like a palm tree, so the massage feeling was not at the highest level, but with DaniDom you can feel it right away from the first shave. It was comfortable to hold. As a person who prefers face lathering I know how painful it may get with a brush that is not comfortable to hold. So, in ergonomic-wise the brush has no problem. And another thing that I really liked is the brush is dense. One may see that bristles are thin, especially when you compare it to other boar brushes, and this was probably the case with the density of brush. Right now I have Jaguar 783 boar brush (measurements are almost the same as DaniDom), you will see the difference between these two in density-wise. You will see DaniDom on the left, and Jaguar on the right.​

The brush does not any procedure before the first use and there is a perceivable difference between the first and the fifth shave. At first it seemed to me like the brush is going to be one of those that just swallos up the lather, but after couple of shaves the problem was nearly gone. Flow is enough to have a good shave, but might be better, of course! It is not a shedder. And it has a good backbone, it is not floppy, no, not at all.

Thank you for your attention. I hope that it was a good reading for you. While I was writing this review, I took some details from another shaver that runs a blog. He is a gentleman, and if you want to check his blog out here is the link: (Refineria de Caballeros - https://refineriadecaballeros.wordpress.com/). Chapter I comes to an end, but the reading goes on. In Chapter II you will be reading our interview with the leader of the firm, Daniel.​

CHAPTER 2

AN INTERVIEW WITH

DANI(EL) DOM(ÉNECH)

(TiffanyT_Shaves) First of all, Daniel, thank you so much for giving me an interview. It is just a pleasure for me to interview the leader of the firm that manufactures beautiful brushes. Can you please introduce yourself and your firm to us? What kind of backstory you have?
(Danidom) I am 62 years old, I studied History at the Central University of Barcelona, when I finished my degree my father offered me to follow his company that he founded in 1955, and I accepted ( 1977 ), working with him was a great success. Nowadays I have my children David and Ester following in my footsteps

TT: What kind of brushes you produce? And as far as I can see you provide more than just brushes. Can you please tell us what other products you produce? And in the future will we see you making a shaving mug, skin care products, or even a shaving cream? Is there any possibility?

DaniDom: We have machinery to be able to manufacture almost any type of brush, but we focus on what we love, for example: hair brushes, hair dye brushes, hair dye cups, wooden spatulas for hair removal creams and waxes and the classic in Spain wood “bigoudies” or Curlers for curling hair and many other tools for hairdressing and cosmetics ....

We are now expanding to other products such as bowls for shaving, razors, and others. We are starting to experiment with shaving soaps, but it is not yet possible to sell them due to Spanish legal issues, the bureaucracy here in Spain does not cooperate.

The most important thing is that the machinery we use is manufactured by ourselves, nobody else in the world has this machinery, the machinery manufacturers are interested in selling to everyone and that makes the production of the products homogenized because they all make the same product with different colours. We want to make, and we do make, a product that only know how to make, that's why the brush that you have tried is so special and unique

TT: How the idea of "Danidom" was born? Was it your great uncle’s or grandfather’s or even your father’s idea? What inspired your ancestors to produce brushes? What inspires you today?

DaniDom: In 1955 there was a lack of almost everything, the autarky in which Spain was isolated from the world, made it possible for the industrial substratum that still existed in Catalonia to develop. It was not easy, the only possible market was Español. Brushing started with a German machine.

In the 70's the shaving brush manufacturer in Barcelona Mister Benacloche closed the company because he was very old and my father continued it, we didn't know how to make the shaving brushes and we had to start from scratch, and starting from scratch was great right, that's how our knot was born, analyzing step by step how a good shaving brush should be. Since then we have only sold brushes to professionals, our idea is to make perfect tools for them. As the quality is very good, we are now making brushes for personal use, but without losing the quality that we have always made.

We have already sold brushes in Argentina, Mexico, USA, Denmark, Germany, Italy...... and Turkey to a barber in Cyprus and sporadically some in the Turkish peninsula.

The brand Danidom started by chance when the webs, and the electronics mails started, it was necessary to give an easy Web ( www.danidom.com ) and mail and we chose [email protected] which is formed by Dani (my name Daniel ) and the first three letters of my surname (Domènech), it was simply to give a solution to an easy Web and mail, later it was the final buyer who was looking for the brand Danidom in the shop who turned a Web or mail into a brand.

TT: I have heard that you manufacture your brushes in Mahon. And as we all know, Mahon was once invaded by the English, do you think that this fact somehow affected the grooming scene in Mahon back then? Because the English soldiers would take from the Queen herself a shaving kit as a gift, and the brush which you could find in that shaving kit was made by Spanish masters. Is there any connection between this fact and the handle design that you dedicated yourself to continue to produce?

DaniDom: Our company is in Catalonia, in Barcelona to be precise.

The relationship of this brush with the English is true, but it is more complicated:

For a short time, the English royalty gave to the cadets of the navy a kid toilet in which there was not the paintbrush because this one was invented later during the French revolution, this custom was displaced to the families of the cadets. During the British occupation many of these tools had to be repaired and in Menorca there were craftsmen who made them, especially brushes for the gala wigs used by these Navy officers.

That is what I have read on the subject, and I may be wrong

TT: How the world wars affect the way you design your brushes? Or is there any information about these times, I mean what kind of impact do World Wars have on your companys history? How did it express itself in the brushes?

DaniDom: This brush has its origin in these gifts that the British army established as a standard to all his troops but that was quite later of the occupation of Mahon, in that kit already was a shaving brush, in 1914 during the I Great War the soldiers in the trenches were shaving each other and this caused an epidemic of Anthrax that was spread by the shaving brushes, that is why the detachable brush was born (the grandmother of this one) to be able to be disinfected. The first of these brushes was manufactured in the USA, but it was soon manufactured in France, for a short time, the effort of the French industry in the war led to the production of this brush to a neutral country and from then on it was manufactured in Barcelona together with, for example, the French, English and German uniforms, from Catalonia products were supplied to all the contenders

TT: Can you please tell us where does uniqueness of Danidom come from? What characteristics made your brushes uniquely "Danidom"? I mean is it your knots, or your knots' density? What is it that makes Danidom special?

DaniDom: As I have already told you, we make our own machinery, nobody can do what we do. One day, many years ago, we had to think about making a new shaving brush from scratch, forgetting all the established knowledge, that's how this new shaving brush was born, it's a new concept of how to make them

TT: Can you tell us a little bit about your brushes' shape? What inspired the shapes of the handle?

DaniDom: We always look for the simplest design, to complicate a design is only to deceive the client, there are pens like BIC that have the best design in the world, simple and effective, that is what we want in what we manufacture

TT: Could you please give us a look behind the curtain and tell us how a typical production process goes? How long does the process take from start to finish?

DaniDom: It is a process of many steps, and all of them must be perfectly synchronized and with their corresponding times, accelerating these times can greatly damage the final result of the brush.

It takes approximately one week from the beginning to the end of the new brush

TT: As I have seen from your Facebook posts, Danidom continues to create new designs. How do you decide a new design? And after making them how do you test them?

DaniDom: As I said we look for the simplest and most effective design, the best designs are always the simplest

The tests are carried out by professionals who work close to home, they always have the last word.

TT: Lets talk about the names a little bit. Where does the name "Danidom" come from? And how do you decide names for your brushes? Is there anything that inspires you while you are deciding how you will call a brand new brush?

DaniDom: Danidom's name is pure chance, as I have already explained before.

The names of the brush come from my passion for history, the adventures that have made history and the people who have lived, and their efforts deserve a great memory

TT: Do you produce those brushes using a hand lathe or have you also took your place amongst the others who produce their brushes with computer based machines such as CNC?

DaniDom: We have all types of machinery, both CNC and manual, each product needs its own machinery. This particular brush of yours is completely made by hand

TT: You know, there were times where knots were sourced from Balkans, Russia, China etc. today we see that firms prefer to source their knots from China mostly. Can you tell us a little bit about what makes your knot special? Do you also use Chinese hairs?

DaniDom: We always look for the best fibres in the world, mainly from Spain, but sometimes it is China, sometimes it is Argentina, sometimes it is Russian or Mongolian, but we never buy a ready-made head, the heads are 100% made by us. To make a handle and put a Chinesse head is very easy, but you don't make a brush, you make some wood with hair.

TT: On the internet one may see many different methods on how to break in a brush. What is your break-in method that you apply all kind of shaving brushes?

DaniDom: Torturing the hair of the brush is never good, there are brushes that need it, because the knot is too traditional.

Our brushes do not need to settle, the first shave already works well, the first time just spending a little more time than is normally used foaming on the face is enough for the shave to be good. I guess you've checked this with yours.

TT:Have you ever got the chance of using Italian, Turkish, English or Chinese boar brushes? If yes, what do you think about them?

DaniDom: Yes, I did a test for them. All manufacturers have good products and not so good. The Nordics work the Badger a lot, but I don't like it, it's not effective for massaging the face and hardening the skin. Nordics make their brushes thicker and their hair shorter and shorter, this is due to the lack of hair and being shorter, they try to get the desired massage on the skin and harden it, but they still can't do it.

TT: As we may see that you started to use more nature-friendly materials in your new models. What made you decide so? What was the reason?

DaniDom: The evolution of the world, we are not doing things well. When someone starts a business, it is to become rich and not as our ancestors did, which was to be able to live off that business for a lifetime. We need to return to living in balance with our world. There are some things that are impossible to make sustainable, but there are some things that are absurd not to make them sustainable, for example, the shaving brush is absurd and unwise not to make them sustainable.

TT: As a brush maker how do you see the future of traditional wet shaving? And what do you think, what shaving brushes will look like and be made of in the future?

DaniDom: Difficult question.

I think it depends on returning to a quiet life like our grandparents or continuing with a life in which we do not walk, we always run. This pandemic is making us change a lot of things that we had assumed to be good, we see more and more that people want time to live and if so, we will have more free time and the wet shave will return with great force. Here in Catalonia, we say that it is necessary to work to be able to live but we do not have to live just to work.

TT: How many shaving brushes you produce in a year? How shaving-lovers or people that would like to have a business with you can find you?

DaniDom: The best way to talk to us is [email protected], current technology allows us to translate any language and we will understand it easily. We can make many brushes weekly; the amount of production is not a problem.

From now on I’ll be asking you a little bit personal questions, if you don’t mind. I really think that there are many people that would like to hear opinions of a manufacturer himself. Firstly, can you please describe your ideal shave? Or at least your ideal shaving setup?

(He shares this link with me and adds

Every professional has their own system, but the end result is to be able to do what is seen in this link (I only found it in Spanish). It is necessary to harden the skin as much as possible and this is only done with a good brush and a long time frothing on the face, after a few months we have a hard skin where we can shave quietly without aggression. It is important when you have thin skin not to shave against the hair, always in favour of the hair on the face, when the skin is thick it can be done against the hair. A good picture painter is always looking for a good canvas, the skin of the face is our canvas, it has to be good.

As far as I can see many people tend to use bigger brushes like 26, 28, 30 or even maybe 32mm. knots. But when we take a little look at the history itself, people were happy with their 17-21mm. brushes. As a producer what can you say about this tendency? What is your ideal knot size and why?

My ideal size is 22 mm. being a 22 mm brush you must spend a little more time spreading soap around your face and this helps to harden the skin. Many manufacturers increased the thickness of the hair to be able to sell more expensive, it is not necessary. It also happens that there is a certain shortage of Badger long hair, and it was decided to make the brushes thicker to compensate, but this is the custom of Nordica which makes no sense.

Our 22 mm knot behaves in practice like a 24 mm knot, as you have already been able to check.

As a result we have learned about the history of the firm, and the motivation behind their manufacturing, and to the best of our ability we have tried to explain how Danidom brushes work. One thing that Daniel wants to add that they are ready to collaborate. You can check their web-site and send them an e-mail about the details that you want to learn. And as the last words I want to thank my dear friends @Timor1322 and Marv (I think that he does not have a membership here, but his name is Orkun, he is an experienced shaver from Turkey), because they also helped me very much with their comments.​

I have a Vie-Long horse hair brush that looks very much like these DaniLong brushes. Do they make these brushes for Vie-Long or are they the same company?
This is the traditional shape, and you can even see this kind of brush in a typical barber in Spain. As far as I know the firm Vie-Long was sold to a Mexican years ago, and they don't know how to work with a boar. I mean, they can have some boar, yes, but they are into horsehairs etc. And no, DaniDom does not manufacture for Vie-Long, and they are not the same company.
A fascinating read, thank you for posting.

Thank you very much. You don't even know how it feels to know that someone in another part of the world enjoys reading the review that you have written. Thank you!

This is the traditional shape, and you can even see this kind of brush in a typical barber in Spain. As far as I know the firm Vie-Long was sold to a Mexican years ago, and they don't know how to work with a boar. I mean, they can have some boar, yes, but they are into horsehairs etc. And no, DaniDom does not manufacture for Vie-Long, and they are not the same company.

Thank you very much. You don't even know how it feels to know that someone in another part of the world enjoys reading the review that you have written. Thank you!

The more reviews the better I say!!! So thank you and I will be sending them an email, as I would love one f the brushes in my stable. TBH I don't have enough wooden handle brushes so a few won't hurt.....

The more reviews the better I say!!! So thank you and I will be sending them an email, as I would love one f the brushes in my stable. TBH I don't have enough wooden handle brushes so a few won't hurt.....

Thank you!! I think that they will be more than happy to help you. And I would like to take this opportunity to make an update on DaniDom brushes. As you know, the brush that I've reviewed here made by DaniDom for EuroStil (A firm that sell equipments for barbers). And when you directly buy from DaniDom, you'll be seeing an updated version of the brush. In this brush you'll see that they made the screws not right into the handle, but they used a poliuretan material which just makes it more durable. And it comes in a wood box that makes you feel like you are opening a treasure. Its really good. They solved another problem that is occured because of metal part in the brush that I've reviewed. The problem was finishing as I've mentioned. They choosed another material instead of lead in updated version called "Endeavour" which makes finishing problem disappear. Now I can say that everything is perfect! Below you can see pictures that I took. I didn't use any filter just for you to see. You can even see my V60 which I use daily here at work hah! :)

danidom-2-handle.jpeg

The poliuretan part.

danidom-1.jpeg

You can see the finishing on the metal part. Everything seems smooth.

danidom-special.jpeg

And here in the leaflet there's actually a historical part which makes everything more interesting, and I will just be writing the things that you can find in leaflet, if you want I can add a photo of that part also:

HMS Endeavour was a British Royal Navy research vessel that Lieutenant James Cook commanded to Australia on his first voyage of discovery from 1768 to 1771.

The Navy purchased her in 1768 for a scientific mission to the Pacific Ocean and to explore the seas for the surmised Terra Australias INcognita or "unknown southern land". Commissioned as His Majesty's Bark Endeavour, she departed Plymouth in August 1768, rounded Cape Horn and reached Tahiti in time then set sail into the largely uncharted ocean to the south, stopping at the islands of Huahine, Bora Bora, and Raiatea west of Tahiti to allow Cook to claim them for Great Britain. In September 1769, she anchored off New Zealand, becoming the first European vessel to reach the islands since Abel Tasman's Heemskerck 127 years earlier.

In April 1770, Endeavour became the first European ship to reach the east coast of Australia, with Cook going ashore at what is now known as Botany Bay.

Isn't it awesome that they carefully name their brushes, models etc?

Thank you for this useful information.
Not that I desperately need another brush, but you got me intrigued… :wink2:

These Spanish brushes fly a bit under the radar and take second seat to more ‘nordic’ (as Danidom says) designs.

If anyone should think about ordering from Danidom you might as well take a look at their ‘shaving basin’ (navajero) - another useful traditional Iberian gadget.
Even my barber here in Portugal uses a ‘navajero’ and Gifts & Care in Spain sell the Vie-Long ‘straight razor drip bowl’ with metal base, which is what I am using at home.

1643802986250.png

It is not so much for whipping up lather (as the Danidom name might suggest), but to remove accumulated lather from a straight razor blade by wiping the flat blade over the rubber lip. Quite useful, really.
It’s kind of a traditional thing that probably dates back to a time when people did not have plenty of running warm water at home. If you are someone who tends to fill his sink with warm water for the shave, it really proves its usefulness.

Even if I use a safety razor, it makes a great bowl to park the safety razor between passes while applying lather for the next pass.

B.

Last edited:
Thank you for this useful information.
Not that I desperately need another brush, but you got me intrigued… :wink2:

These Spanish brushes fly a bit under the radar and take second seat to more ‘nordic’ (as Danidom says) designs.

If anyone should think about ordering from Danidom you might as well take a look at their ‘shaving basin’ (navajero) - another useful traditional Iberian gadget.
Even my barber here in Portugal uses a ‘navajero’ and Gifts & Care in Spain sell the Vie-Long ‘straight razor drip bowl’ with metal base, which is what I am using at home.

It is not so much for whipping up lather (as the Danidom name might suggest), but to remove accumulated lather from a straight razor blade by wiping the flat blade over the rubber lip. Quite useful, really.
It’s kind of a traditional thing that probably dates back to a time when people did not have plenty of running warm water at home. If you are someone who tends to fill his sink with warm water for the shave, it really proves its usefulness.

Even if I use a safety razor, it makes a great bowl to park the safety razor between passes while applying lather for the next pass.

B.
So we can say that Herman Melville was right saying "The mode of shaving among the Spaniards is a little different from what it is with other nations", right? :=) And in order to feel what he exactly meant, one may want to try not only Danidom's brush, but shaving basin also. From what I understood, Herman Melville does not describe a basin that Danidom produces nowadays, because that kind of basin that Melville has described was popular amongst Ottoman Barbers also. I'll be adding a picture of it. However, the shaving basin that DaniDom manifactures is 1) traditional; 2) it makes everything so smooth, so its worth giving a shot, of course. Thank you so much for sharing!!! Its amazing to know the details about "navajero" :) Thank you!

Oh and by the way heres the basin that was popular amongst Ottoman barbers
daveso-berber-lavazimatlari-kullaniniz-reklamli-berber-tras-tasi-orjinal-bakir_1598780760.png

Oh BTW, is elook.es (Barcelona) owned by Danidom or is it just some retail organisation that they happen to use?

I had the chance to talk to DaniDom about this one. From what I've learned, Daniel's children (Ester and David) run elook.es (Barcelona). They sell the products that their father manufactures. So, yeah, we can say that it belongs to DaniDom.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Brilliant interview. DaniDom is new to me, and as a boar guy, I now yearn to try.

I especially loved Daniel’s take on business: “When someone starts a business, it is to become rich and not as our ancestors did, which was to be able to live off that business for a lifetime. We need to return to living in balance with our world.” This philosophy alone makes me want to support Daniel, David and Ester’s family business.

Thank you @TiffanyGT for the fantastic read and the momentary escape to Catalonia.

Top Bottom