What's new

Merkur 34c & Feather blade

Anyone use this combo and if so how are the results?
I am waiting on the delivery of a 34C and was wondering what blades would be best to use in it.
I normally use a black beauty with a feather

Please see my post (#632) below.

Thanks,
Mike

Please see my post (#632) below.

Thanks,
Mike

Thank you for the response

I am waiting on the delivery of a 34C and was wondering what blades would be best to use in it.
I very occasionally use Feather blades but I find GSB, Nacet or Astra SP blades work well with the Merkur 34C. In fact it works with many blades and is a great daily shaver.
Feather blades are too expensive in comparison to the other blades.

Last edited:
I very occasionally use Feather blades but I find GSB, Nacet or Astra SP blades work well with the Merkur 3C. In fact it works with many blades and is a great daily shaver.
Feather blades are too expensive in comparison to the other blades.
On the feather blades i usually get about 10 shaves per blade, that is shaving twice a week

On a scale of 10, with 5 being average aggression and 10 being the highest, the Merkur 34c rates about a 4. Yes, a Feather blade pumps up the aggression a bit, but my recommendation is to replace the 34c with a Merkur 37c slant. I would rate the 37c slant as a 6 on our scale of 10 comparison.

The performance window of feathers is not for certain shavers/beards, it can close quickly and rapidly-- meaning that after a couple shaves that within the same pass it can go from good to ~unusable. It's no fun stretching a blade/exploring the envelope of a blade whose performance can collapse without warning.

I'm a daily shaver without sensitive skin issues and can probably shave with a rock with minimal discomfort-- so you see what I'm saying when I say I've changed feathers in mid-pass.

Don’t quite have a 34C, but Feathers in my 37C are the primary blade I use in them.

It hides the acute initial sharpness of a Feather pretty well while maintaining a comfortable efficient shave as the Feather takes up the efficiency of a razor up a notch, I feel.

I can only assume a Feather in a 34C would act the same.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It is a good combination for me. Feathers in milder razors such as the Merkur 34C/G or a Tech give me good shaves for a week. I can usually get 7 days worth of shaves out of this combo quite easily.

Top Bottom