What's new

My favorite blades

Over my 5 years traditional WetShaving I have a ultimate affinity towards Russian Made Gillettes. ⚔️ Their blades in general just love my skin and beard! Another thing I’ve noticed is mostly anything platinum coated really gets me smooth close shaves. 🤞🏻🤩Here are my favorite blades I’ve come to love over the years. And I’m not the type to differentiate between blades, if I would put on a blindfold and picked a random blade out of my favorites, I probably couldn’t tell you which was which because they all work for me. 🤷🏼‍♂️ And they also work in every single Razor I’ve never had.
My top 5 is 👇🏻

💈😁🤙🏻💈

Gillette Silver Blue
Gillette Nacet
Gillette Permasharp
Personna Platinum Crome (Reds)
Astra SP (Greens)

Honorable mentions…

Treet Platinums
Gillette Super Thin
Sharp Star
PolSilver
Crystals
Shaver Boy
Gillette Platinums
7 o’clock Permasharp (greens)
Rapira Platinum Lux
Bic Platinum Crome
Tiger Platinums
Sputnik
Shark (both kinds I guess)

Excellent choices. Gillette makes some great blades. Hard to source now, but if you can put your hands on some old stock Bleue Extra blades, they are excellent as well.

For me it’s Feather, Kai, and Voskhod. I have tried just about everything out there it seems but Feathers just provide me with the best and most comfortable shave. The Kai I have to be more careful with because they are so stiff but are also excellent. Of the cheap blades, the Voskhod just work but may require some more touchups whereas the other two don’t.

For me it’s Feather, Kai, and Voskhod. I have tried just about everything out there it seems but Feathers just provide me with the best and most comfortable shave. The Kai I have to be more careful with because they are so stiff but are also excellent. Of the cheap blades, the Voskhod just work but may require some more touchups whereas the other two don’t.
I need to give the Kai's a try. I like aggressive blades, expecially in a smooth razor.

Did you ever see that Gillette NACET razor from the 70s? I think I still have a picture I seen one on eBay
Yup here she is! 👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻

EB1B2968-C2C6-4832-9460-0093EBCE82C1.png
46AF3EBF-BDC7-4F78-9FB7-FF0C7C5E8AAB.png
08D68340-9A1B-4E50-A6A4-F9921538653F.png
5FAD58B5-554F-493D-8124-39548BFEFE48.png
5CBFA021-E522-4401-91E9-C519FAEE648C.png

I only use vintage blades from the top 4 manufacturers of back in the day. But before I made the switch the following were in my rotation... In no particular order......
The Super Iridiums, both the Polsilvers and the Wizamet which I believed to be the same blades just packed in different quantities.
Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow and Dark Blues
Gillette Silver Blues
Rapira Swedish Super Steel
There probably were one or two others but my memory fails me

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I've been using PolSilver SI most days (and since I still have about 500 left I suppose I will continue to use them), but I recently popped in a Med Prep and that is one sweet blade. I also like Gillette Platinum.

When I run out of PolSilver I may go back to the Med Preps.

Top Bottom