What's new

No more Stirling Spice?

Last I looked Stirling Spice was sold out on their site, and as of tonight it isn’t listed in their shave soap section. I googled the link and got a “page not found” error when I clicked on it. Not as upsetting as the possibility of their mutton tallow soaps being discontinued, but sad nonetheless. I use it at least once a week. While I’ve been wet shaving for many years, a lot of products I’ve only discovered since joining B&B a year ago, and the number of products I really like, or really wanted to try that have been discontinued in the past year is, well, disheartening to say the least. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the spice just got taken down till they can make more, but I suspect it’s done. Glad I just got a full tub a couple weeks ago. Would have ordered more had I known.

Geez, that is unfortunate! Stirling Spice is one of the soaps I wanted to buy, all I have is a sample of it! It is sold out on Maggard's as well.

The following is from Rod @ Stirling back in October:

Thanks for reaching out. Stirling Spice is unfortunately being discontinued for the time being. The supplier of that fragrance oil has raised the price on it to the point that I simply can no longer afford to make it. I'm hoping to find a company that can replicate the scent for me. I will send out an announcement via our email newsletter once we do bring it back. If there's anything I can be of assistance with in the meantime, please let me know.

Take care and have a great week,

Rod

I was (still am) bummed. I enjoyed Stirling’s take on classic Old Spice. Indeed it was a staple in my den. Finger crossed it make a comeback.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Stirling Mutton Tallow Soaps have been discontinued? Bummer! Good thing I bought four of them.

Stirling Mutton Tallow Soaps have been discontinued? Bummer! Good thing I bought four of them.
I don’t think they’ve been discontinued yet. He just said they likely would be due to costs. Last I checked, they were still all available.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I guess I was misinformed. I thought the only ones were Sheep, Electric Sheep, Pine Sheep and Varen. What am I missing out on?
These 3:
image.jpg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Well, that's unfortunate. Seems even outside the shaving world everything I like has been discontinued, is unavailable, or has doubled in price. Don't get me started on cat food.

That’s because we’re getting old, and are a shrinking market. But your cat doesn’t care, lol.

I’d like a new red 1967 Triumph TR6 convertible and British Leyland is not responding to my inquiries ! My sister had a red TR4.

And they could bundle a 1967 Triumph Bonneville with it too ….

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Last I looked Stirling Spice was sold out on their site, and as of tonight it isn’t listed in their shave soap section. I googled the link and got a “page not found” error when I clicked on it. Not as upsetting as the possibility of their mutton tallow soaps being discontinued, but sad nonetheless. I use it at least once a week. While I’ve been wet shaving for many years, a lot of products I’ve only discovered since joining B&B a year ago, and the number of products I really like, or really wanted to try that have been discontinued in the past year is, well, disheartening to say the least. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the spice just got taken down till they can make more, but I suspect it’s done. Glad I just got a full tub a couple weeks ago. Would have ordered more had I known.
What you can do is the next time is just buy a few extra tubs and put them in the freezer until next time a tub is done.
I did this to one soap and after 2 years it was Ok . If you have a vacuum sealer you could even seal it better.
With inflation going up it will be more expensive down the road and you will save a few dollars also IMO.

Last edited:
I have a small stockpile of electric sheep. Should I take extra steps to preserve it?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
That’s because we’re getting old, and are a shrinking market. But your cat doesn’t care, lol.

I’d like a new red 1967 Triumph TR6 convertible and British Leyland is not responding to my inquiries ! My sister had a red TR4.

I'm trying to convince my wife I need a new Ford Maverick Pickup truck...she's not as convinced as I am, but when I need to fill up my old GMC 2500 and have to borrow her egg money she might change her mind!

I think that gas tank is bigger than our water heater!

I’m no longer young, b

I was about to say I’m not old, but my coworkers 20 years my junior might think otherwise.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy

I'm not that old...I want a 1987 Chevrolet SS Monte Carlo or a 1984 Hurst Oldsmobile 442.

Top Bottom