What's new

Messed up trimming mustache line. Now what!?

Long story short. I am a first time mustache grower and I trimmed the top line of my mustache with a new razor that took off too much now I’m faced with the question of shave it off and retry or gather what I have, deal with the top growing in, sticking out again? What to do? Any advice, ideas, help, or just general support on how to shape this thing works be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• B37C7090-1CBB-4DA3-9466-AFA0BA952AC0.jpeg
    B37C7090-1CBB-4DA3-9466-AFA0BA952AC0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
  • E5FB94C9-088C-46C0-BD93-839677BC5EB8.jpeg
    E5FB94C9-088C-46C0-BD93-839677BC5EB8.jpeg
    368.9 KB · Views: 53

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm of the opinion that you first try letting it grow back. If it looks too weird for you to handle in a day or three, shave it all off and start from scratch.

And welcome to B and B!

I'm of the opinion that you first try letting it grow back. If it looks too weird for you to handle in a day or three, shave it all off and start from scratch.

And welcome to B and B!
As a man that didn’t have another man to get advice from much in life it’s great to be here and finally have some support and advice.

FarmerTan

Lol, no, but I do try to be kind.

I'm my own worst critic when it comes to how I look. Of course, it bothers me lots less than it used to when I was younger. So I give little thought to what anyone but my wife thinks of how I look. And trust me: if I look stupid she'll tell me. USUALLY kindly.

FarmerTan

As a man that didn’t have another man to get advice from much in life it’s great to be here and finally have some support and advice.
That's tough. My Dad didn't have a Dad; he died when my dad was only 8 or 9. He paid a price for that most of his life, but he was a father figure to many.

If you need anything holler. If you get an idiot answer (which I highly doubt) let me know. But I'm certain you will not find too many idiots here. Except me. I have my moments.

FarmerTan

I don't see any problems and I'm super anal about my moustache.
The only advantage of age is perspective.

And a cane. It's basically a legal weapon I can use on idiots.

I said I "CAN" use it. Not "have used!" so relax. Or not, lol.

I sincerely see nothing wrong. I would keep what you have, because the moustache is frustratingly slow to grow, at least for me. You have a great basis to continue with, and I really see nothing wrong with your 'stache. No reason to start over in my opinion.

I patiently attempted a handlebar moustache for 6 long months. I accidentally lopped off one side when trying to trim the stache from above. I trimmed things down to a small English style for a few weeks, and am now beginning in the process of letting the bars grow out again.

FarmerTan

I sincerely see nothing wrong. I would keep what you have, because the moustache is frustratingly slow to grow, at least for me. You have a great basis to continue with, and I really see nothing wrong with your 'stache. No reason to start over in my opinion.

I patiently attempted a handlebar moustache for 6 long months. I accidentally lopped off one side when trying to trim the stache from above. I trimmed things down to a small English style for a few weeks, and am now beginning in the process of letting the bars grow out again.
I'm rockin' a handlebar as we speak. You keep it up and you'll be as incredibly handsome as I am in no time!

• Love
Reactions: ewk

FarmerTan

Yeah, you got me beat in the looks department, but I think it's mostly yer glasses.... Mine broke this weak! I'm squintin' werser than Clint Eastwood in a dimly lit Spaghetti Western Restaurant!

LOL! Edit: this WEEK my glasses broke. I'm even funnier when my dyslexia kicks in!

Yeah, you got me beat in the looks department, but I think it's mostly yer glasses.... Mine broke this weak! I'm squintin' werser than Clint Eastwood in a dimly lit Spaghetti Western Restaurant!

LOL! Edit: this WEEK my glasses broke. I'm even funnier when my dyslexia kicks in!
!!These glasses frames are the cheapest ones available on Zenni!! I bought them because of price, rather than style :):):)

Before we get too far afield from this topical post, @Salty Spider , what style of 'stache are you aiming for?

!!These glasses frames are the cheapest ones available on Zenni!! I bought them because of price, rather than style :):):)

Before we get too far afield from this topical post, @Salty Spider , what style of 'stache are you aiming for?
I am honestly aiming for a look that is similar to Christian Bale’s in the Prestige and to be perfectly honest, I don’t know what I’m doing.

I appreciate all you wonderful people for your kindness. I was nervous about posting for fear of being mocked. Thank you all again.

Attachments

• 4136280A-DAA1-427F-8153-E06953C7EDE3.png
    4136280A-DAA1-427F-8153-E06953C7EDE3.png
    9.9 MB · Views: 15
I know you are getting into straight razors and this is a reminder that they are the ideal tool for shaping a moustache. I can literally plink off a single hair because I can see the blade edge! I also shave my upper lip underneath. One other benefit is that when using the DE, you can stay a distance away since you will be touching up with a straight. If you can master the motor control to do that, shaving everywhere else will be second nature!

Reactions: ewk
I am honestly aiming for a look that is similar to Christian Bale’s in the Prestige and to be perfectly honest, I don’t know what I’m doing.

I appreciate all you wonderful people for your kindness. I was nervous about posting for fear of being mocked. Thank you all again.
That's basically what mine looks like. There are two separate components; the outline and the shaping with scissors. It's a process and is always evolving, but should look tidy regardless. Wax hides sins well!

Top Bottom