What's new

Weird Derby blade wrappers

So I have a mix pack of blades I have been working through. It came with 3 types of Derby blades: Derby Super Stainless (green box), Derby Stainless (blue) and Derby Premium (black). I noticed after using one of the green box this week that it had a weird wrapper that didn't say Derby. And the black one has the same thing. But the wrappers on the blue box do say Derby. Is this something legit? I noticed that the blade doesn't feel that great on my face.

IMG_20220304_091242.jpg

So I have a mix pack of blades I have been working through. It came with 3 types of Derby blades: Derby Super Stainless (green box), Derby Stainless (blue) and Derby Premium (black). I noticed after using one of the green box this week that it had a weird wrapper that didn't say Derby. And the black one has the same thing. But the wrappers on the blue box do say Derby. Is this something legit? I noticed that the blade doesn't feel that great on my face.

View attachment 1418914
Interesting. Just finished using a tuck of the Super Stainless (green box) and didn't notice anything unusual about the wrappers, definitely not what you have.

lasta

Blade Biter
Azmusebat is the owner of the Derby brand. If anything, I'd be at ease that this is a fresh pack.

What have you used before? Why doesn't it feel good?

Azmusebat is the owner of the Derby brand. If anything, I'd be at ease that this is a fresh pack.

What have you used before? Why doesn't it feel good?
A lot of irritation especially around my neck that lasted at least 4 hours. Although looking at the package I only used 2 before this one, so this was probably the first one I used in my OC New (the others were either used in my Tech or Edwin Jagger 89 and I don't remember this much irritation with those) so it may just be the combination of the razor and blade that doesn't work for me

I had a similar experience with Derby premium. First ones I had (from a samples buy) had black wrappers, rather shoddily printed. Loved the blade though so bought 100. These all came with green wrappers. These seem to be even better. I usually get about 3 shaves from most blades, these give 6 or 7 and are even better when lapped for the fist shave

Top Bottom