What's new

Diluting a cologne or EDT?

long story short, what's the best way to dilute a Eau de toilette or cologne?

The long story. I recently discovered the miracle that is an alum block as deodorant. It completely eliminates odor, lasts forever, and costs practically nothing. The only downside is that sometimes I'd like a little bit of a scent like a regular deodorant. I recently ordered a few sample sizes of the Stirling Eau de Toilettes thinking I could spray a small amount under each arm after I apply the album block. This proved to be a too strong for my liking so I'd like to dilute them. What should I use to do that? I've heard alcohol or even witch hazel. Anyone have any experience diluting an EDT or Cologne?

On a related note, does anyone know how long the scents in the Stirling witch hazel and aloe splashes tend to last? Considering using those for the same purpose since they come in a wider variety of scents.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Why not consider aftershaves as these are weaker, often contain skin conditioning ingredients, and are generally much less expensive? EDT and cologne is often in a spray bottle which could make it less convenient to dilute than aftershave, which is usually in a non spray bottle.

Why not consider aftershaves as these are weaker, often contain skin conditioning ingredients, and are generally much less expensive? EDT and cologne is often in a spray bottle which could make it less convenient to dilute than aftershave, which is usually in a non spray bottle.
I am considering aftershaves, either classic alcohol based or the witch hazel and aloe versions that Stirling also sells since it would be less harsh on the skin. Just looking to dilute the small sample bottles of EDT i bought to make them less strong and much longer lasting. I exlusively use after shave balms or plain old face lotion when shaving since my skin is a bit sensitive and I actually don't want scented aftershaves. I don't have any experience on how strong and long lasting aftershave splashes are.

This proved to be a too strong for my liking so I'd like to dilute them. What should I use to do that? I've heard alcohol or even witch hazel.

I say use as intended. I don't know what EDT you are trying, but there are quite a few scents whose performance is so lamentable that you might then not so strong, especially the summer freshies and blue fragrances. Light scents sprayed lightly on chest, upper arms.

A body spray is an option too, though some of those can be strong.

As above, just use less!!
Especially with the huge scents!
"A little dab will do ya'!"

amouage.jpg

Top Bottom