What's new

Barbasol Brisk Discontinued!

I’ll check my local supermarket and test out the scent of their inventory.

When I started collecting vintage aftershaves a decade ago, I thought maybe I had an issue with OCD or hoarding. Reading this thread now, makes me realize I was just simply planning ahead with my vintage and modern stock of many of the classics.
Awesome! Let's pray that it's a factory mixing issue and that it's not reformulated. I do have Avon Wild Country after shave on the way, The Avon site has it now.

To think that Skin Bracer is possibly ruined.... I hope it's not true!
Yeah I just went to Wal-Mart for some groceries and I smelled just for the heck of it a few Skin Bracers, Completely diluted barely any scent. I said to myself once Colgate-Palmolive confirms if it's been ruined I'll make Aqua Velva my main after shave until some green mentholated juice clone pops up.

Yeah I just went to Wal-Mart for some groceries and I smelled just for the heck of it a few Skin Bracers, Completely diluted barely any scent. I said to myself once Colgate-Palmolive confirms if it's been ruined I'll make Aqua Velva my main after shave until some green mentholated juice clone pops up.
Ahhhhh!!!! Will "they" leave nothing alone?

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Most of the latest batches that I've gotten of Skin Bracer for the past 5 months
Do you mean you got a bad batch and have been trying to find a good one, or do you use that much of it? I can't imagine using that much A/S.
Wow! Thanks for confirming. I'm still waiting on that email they are going to send me because ''they take my inquiry very serious''.
Yes indeed. Right up there with "due to a higher than normal call volume" or "listen carefully as the options have changed".

I do hope you get an answer and that the answer is they didn't and aren't changing the formula.

Do you mean you got a bad batch and have been trying to find a good one, or do you use that much of it? I can't imagine using that much A/S.

Yes indeed. Right up there with "due to a higher than normal call volume" or "listen carefully as the options have changed".

I do hope you get an answer and that the answer is they didn't and aren't changing the formula.
At first I thought they reformulated, Then I figured that it's probably a lot of bad batches. No I don't use that much after shave lol but when I kept getting bad ones I kept buying different bottles at different stores to see if they were all bad. I only tested a couple like 4 so far and yes I've been trying to find a good one.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
At first I thought they reformulated, Then I figured that it's probably a lot of bad batches. No I don't use that much after shave lol but when I kept getting bad ones I kept buying different bottles at different stores to see if they were all bad. I only tested a couple like 4 so far and yes I've been trying to find a good on
Well, that stinks. And not in the right way. LOL

If you can find some smaller cities/towns, or stores off the beaten path, check them out and if you find some good scented, stock up.

Personally, I don't really need any as I don't use it or any A/S much, but have a 2/3rds full bottle and if this is truly the end of the line, I'd get a little for the road. Just for tradition sake. Same reason I use Williams from time to time.

Well, that stinks. And not in the right way. LOL

If you can find some smaller cities/towns, or stores off the beaten path, check them out and if you find some good scented, stock up.

Personally, I don't really need any as I don't use it or any A/S much, but have a 2/3rds full bottle and if this is truly the end of the line, I'd get a little for the road. Just for tradition sake. Same reason I use Williams from time to time.
Yeah my friend, You can never go wrong with Williams the scent is always strong and so is the menthol.

20220218_152847.jpg

20220218_152931.jpg

Left is the bottle I purchased in 2015, right is the bottle I received today purchased from Amazon.

On initial smell they both smell the same with the same strength although the older one is slightly less pungent then the new one

I am in Canada tho so maybe the new formulation hasn't been imported here yet?

View attachment 1412031
View attachment 1412035

Left is the bottle I purchased in 2015, right is the bottle I received today purchased from Amazon.

On initial smell they both smell the same with the same strength although the older one is slightly less pungent then the new one

I am in Canada tho so maybe the new formulation hasn't been imported here yet?
We don't know yet if it's been reformulated, But it could also just be a mixing error.

Yeah, Once I get confirmation from Colgate if they aren't gonna fixthis issue I will stick to Aqua Velva regular blue and musk you can't go wrong with those two.
Can't go wrong with those two indeed. If you are ever near Canada you need to try out the Original Sport (Green) Aqua Velva, has a slightly more fresh/Fougere scent then the blue but same performance

Can't go wrong with those two indeed. If you are ever near Canada you need to try out the Original Sport (Green) Aqua Velva, has a slightly more fresh/Fougere scent then the blue but same performance
Ah yes, I was trying to buy that one from Walmart Canada online but they don't ship to the USA :(

Top Bottom