What's new

A new DE journey begins

I will restart DE shaving tomorrow morning. I took a sabbatical from DE a couple of years ago due to severe a loss of blood. I have been using a fancy Bic razor and it's served me well, but I have some classic razors I want to take a run at. So, I bought some Astra blades, cleaned and polished my '34 New LC, '41 Ranger and '63 Slim and will give a good effort to use them properly. Hopefully, I'll one of these will fit my face and we'll get along good. I need a mild razor and need to discover the right movements to get a clean shave and stay out of the ER.

I'm a fan of Sterling soaps, but I bought a puck of Tabac (to see what the smell is all about), RazoRock XXX, MWF, and Proraso White soaps. Even though I didn't really need it, I bought Parker pure badger brush. Hopefully, I'll find its just as good as my homemade Silvertip.

My journey into DE is underway.

'34 New LC, '41 Ranger and '63 Slim...what a kick butt trio of much loved classics. Can't go wrong with those.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I will restart DE shaving tomorrow morning. I took a sabbatical from DE a couple of years ago due to severe a loss of blood. I have been using a fancy Bic razor and it's served me well, but I have some classic razors I want to take a run at. So, I bought some Astra blades, cleaned and polished my '34 New LC, '41 Ranger and '63 Slim and will give a good effort to use them properly. Hopefully, I'll one of these will fit my face and we'll get along good. I need a mild razor and need to discover the right movements to get a clean shave and stay out of the ER.

I'm a fan of Sterling soaps, but I bought a puck of Tabac (to see what the smell is all about), RazoRock XXX, MWF, and Proraso White soaps. Even though I didn't really need it, I bought Parker pure badger brush. Hopefully, I'll find its just as good as my homemade Silvertip.

My journey into DE is underway.
Glade to see you going to enjoy DE shaving again. A nice mild carefree razor is the Razorock SLOC (Yaqi Mellon head) & comes with a stainless steel handle also and I still use mine and it is a very much a enjoyable DFS+ results. It is hard to cut yourself and if you do it is your technique might need some improving.
It is not a expensive razor and I have gifted a couple of them already and just bought the Yaqi Mellon golden head from Yaqi for a bargain price on one of their live sales.
Razorock SLOC.......................................Yaqi Golden Mellon head
Razorock SLOC 2017 (2).jpg
Yaqi Golden Mellon head.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Yes I have some for sale and will have several more. These are just the ones I no longer need. Time to rebuild the herd with withnewblood

Glade to see you going to enjoy DE shaving again. A nice mild carefree razor is the Razorock SLOC (Yaqi Mellon head) & comes with a stainless steel handle also and I still use mine and it is a very much a enjoyable DFS+ results. It is hard to cut yourself and if you do it is your technique might need some improving.
It is not a expensive razor and I have gifted a couple of them already and just bought the Yaqi Mellon golden head from Yaqi for a bargain price on one of their live sales.
Razorock SLOC.......................................Yaqi Golden Mellon head
View attachment 1411088 View attachment 1411106
Have some great shaves!
I'll have to check it out. Thank for the info.

First shave with '34 New LC/Astra SP. Even though I was very tentative about the first swipe, I managed to pull off a pretty good shave. A few neck weepers but they happen all the time in the same area. Just the right amount of angle on most passes, I think. Just wished the handle was longer. Used Tabac for the first time, nice lather. Used wintergreen witchhazel & aloe over the top so smell of Tabac is not an issue.

I'll try again in a few days and see how that goes.

First shave with '34 New LC/Astra SP. Even though I was very tentative about the first swipe, I managed to pull off a pretty good shave. A few neck weepers but they happen all the time in the same area. Just the right amount of angle on most passes, I think. Just wished the handle was longer. Used Tabac for the first time, nice lather. Used wintergreen witchhazel & aloe over the top so smell of Tabac is not an issue.

I'll try again in a few days and see how that goes.
Ninety percent of a pleasant shave is dependent upon angle and pressure, plus a thorough prep.

The razor primarily is just a blade holder, that prevents our fingers from getting sliced. :lemo:

How are you progressing?
Never got an acceptable shave with the New. Too much irritation and too many weepers. Guess it just never got the correct angle or pressure. Switch to a '41 Ranger Tech and now I'm getting close comfortable shaves with no irritation or weepers. I'll stick with the Ranger for a while. Seems it's the answer. I have a 63 Slim I'd like to get in the mix but right I'm happy with the Ranger.

Top Bottom