What's new

Barbasol Brisk Discontinued!

Hello my friends, I ran out of Skin Bracer the other day so I went to Wal-Mart to buy more but it seems to me that there's a factory ingredient mixing error. Most of the latest batches that I've gotten of Skin Bracer for the past 5 months except the last bottle that I ran out of have been very diluted with barely any fragrance and I can only almost detect the alcohol.

I emailed Colgate-Palmolive about it and they said that they would let the team know, but this crap keeps happening. I can't be risking losing 5 bucks every time I buy it. Regardless Skin Bracer as a whole even if not defective is rather weak in the scent department other brands of after shave last for hours like a cologne.

With that being said I decided let me buy some Barbasol Brisk I've read it is Skin Bracer on steroids in both scent/menthol, I also know that the Pacific one has been discontinued for some time. So I went to the Barbsol site and no Brisk after shaves came up in the search results even though they sold their Brisk after shave directly from their site in a 6 pack for $19.99 a few months ago.

Then I went on the Wal-Greens website and said it was out of stock, I emailed Barbasol and they said it was discontinued but they take my request very serious and they are reconsidering bringing it back.

So ATM I am using Aqua Velva which I enjoy although I prefer the sweeter notes of Skin Bracer, But AQ has better an overall better performance I will wait patiently until either a green juice like SB imitation comes back but that has better performance or a Spice knock off that smells like the Shulton formula. I don't know why they discontinue all the badass after shaves, The after shave market seems to be on a steep hill at times in the USA.

I have a few bottles of the Barbasol Brisk. I find it close to Skin Bracer, but less sweet. In both, there is a note that I can't describe, it smells a little like marigold flowers to me...it is stronger in the Brisk. As you mentioned, the Barbasol Brisk has been discontinued. You can find it on eBay though, but the price looks like it's at least two or three times the original cost.

There is also a discontinued CVS drugstore version of Skin Bracer, also green, called Blade Brisk. It is really nice. I just got some on eBay. It's close to Skin Bracer, but I think the alcohol note is more prominent in the Blade Brisk, and there is a tiny lime note maybe, very tiny. I really like it. CVS Blade Brisk is a little closer to Skin Bracer than the Barbasol Brisk is. I'm disappointed that the CVS version is discontinued.

Of the three, I think the scent of the Barbasol Brisk lasts the longest. I think Skin Bracer scent is the sweetest. And I'll say that the discontinued CVS version's scent is the best blended if we only consider the most recent version of Skin Bracer. All three have good menthol.

I've contacted a number of artisan aftershave splash makers to see if they'll make a tribute to an older version Skin Bracer, but no one has said yes yet. I'll keep trying. Skin Bracer is pretty much my favorite aftershave scent.

Until Skin Bracer gets itself back in the game with better quality and better quality control, we're in sad shape.

I have a few bottles of the Barbasol Brisk. I find it close to Skin Bracer, but less sweet. In both, there is a note that I can't describe, it smells a little like marigold flowers to me...it is stronger in the Brisk. As you mentioned, the Barbasol Brisk has been discontinued. You can find it on eBay though, but the price looks like it's at least two or three times the original cost.

There is also a discontinued CVS drugstore version of Skin Bracer, also green, called Blade Brisk. It is really nice. I just got some on eBay. It's close to Skin Bracer, but I think the alcohol note is more prominent in the Blade Brisk, and there is a tiny lime note maybe, very tiny. I really like it. CVS Blade Brisk is a little closer to Skin Bracer than the Barbasol Brisk is. I'm disappointed that the CVS version is discontinued.

Of the three, I think the scent of the Barbasol Brisk lasts the longest. I think Skin Bracer scent is the sweetest. And I'll say that the discontinued CVS version's scent is the best blended if we only consider the most recent version of Skin Bracer. All three have good menthol.

I've contacted a number of artisan aftershave splash makers to see if they'll make a tribute to an older version Skin Bracer, but no one has said yes yet. I'll keep trying. Skin Bracer is pretty much my favorite aftershave scent.

Until Skin Bracer gets itself back in the game with better quality and better quality control, we're in sad shape.
My friend that's why I love Skin Bracer so much that super sweet coumarin powdery note in there, I am a big fan of sweet smells. And yeah it's a shame CVS discontinued their Blade after shave I've known this for some time. Although I am not a fan of CVS due to their rip off prices I'd gladly go there is Blade was brought back. Even if the other clones of Skin Bracer aren't as sweet it's fine I just need a green juice with lot's of menthol. I did ask Barbasol on FaceBook if they plan to bring Brisk back and they said anything can happen. CVS does still sell their Aqua Velva clone for 4.99 but it's 5 oz I can go to Wal-Mart and get the real deal at 7 oz for 4.98 and it used to be 4.77 before inflation... I am using the US version of the Brut after shave it's potent but lacking that menthol punch. If an Artisan maker gets back to you with a SB clone let me know thanks. Also Colgate-Palmolive got back to me via email they said they take my inquiry very seriously and that they'll get back to me I'll post their repsonse here.

Last edited:
Anybody tried Italian skin bracer? Seemed pretty decent the last Time I used it.
I've been trying to get my hands on the Italian version since summer of 2020. I can't find it on online that can be shipped to the USA. According to other members on here it's the same scent as the US version but much weaker and a weaker menthol as well. But it comes in a nice box and a gorgeous glass bottle.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
This is disconcerting news about Skin Bracer's dilution. Although I don't have any right now, it has always been a favorite.

This is disconcerting news about Skin Bracer's dilution. Although I don't have any right now, it has always been a favorite.
Yeah I don't know if its a mixing error or that's how it is now. They told me that it hasn't been reformulated.

Thanks let us know. For me the last batch I tried out at walmart out of 7-8 they had on the shelf I could only detect a scent 2.
I checked my local supermarket and they had at least 1/2 dozen bottles of Skin Bracer on the shelf. I opened up 3 of them and could barely detect a scent. The formula must have been changed recently. What a shame!

I checked my local supermarket and they had at least 1/2 dozen bottles of Skin Bracer on the shelf. I opened up 3 of them and could barely detect a scent. The formula must have been changed recently. What a shame!
Wow! Thanks for confirming. I'm still waiting on that email they are going to send me because ''they take my inquiry very serious''.

I thought I was going crazy or that my nose was losing it's scent ability, But now that Jim99 has confirmed and he thinks it's a reformulation I hope that Colgate-Palmolive confirms that it's just a factory error on their part. Now that Barbasol Brisk is gone I don't know what to do I need a mentholated green juice with similar notes.

I thought I was going crazy or that my nose was losing it's scent ability, But now that Jim99 has confirmed and he thinks it's a reformulation I hope that Colgate-Palmolive confirms that it's just a factory error on their part. Now that Barbasol Brisk is gone I don't know what to do I need a mentholated green juice with similar notes.
Please keep us posted what their response is. Without a doubt Skin Bracer was one of the best aftershaves out there.

Please keep us posted what their response is. Without a doubt Skin Bracer was one of the best aftershaves out there.
Yeah no problem, I'll post it on here once they get back to me. I can post what they sent me up till now.

This was their response.

Subject: Response to Your Email

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate this opportunity to help you.

The question you raised requires a bit of research on our part so we cannot give you an answer today. However, we wanted you to know that your letter was received and is being given full attention. We will be in touch with you soon with the information you need.

Meanwhile, thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
Consumer Affairs Representative
North America Consumer Affairs

It's the best aftershave out there, The so vanilla-ish sweet and powdery notes are delicious. I tried to have Brut grow on me but I can't it has some strange notes I do not enjoy.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
When I started collecting vintage aftershaves a decade ago, I thought maybe I had an issue with OCD or hoarding. Reading this thread now, makes me realize I was just simply planning ahead with my vintage and modern stock of many of the classics.

Top Bottom