What's new

February 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in, head shave. Another very good shave this morning. Working through a tuck of Falcon's, which should take me to month end. The cream should last until probably the end of March, so I'll use it for the FFMM.

SWS 7-13 Feb.jpeg

As those of you who were in the January restraint may recall, back in January I accidently dropped my Beagle thus causing its death.. :scared::crying:

20220113_004045.jpg

20220113_143853.jpg

And thanks to the wonderfull Bernd at Shavemac, and the relpacement handle that he sent me, its back from the dead. :thumbup:

20220211_161321.jpg

I have glued the salvaged knot from the old Beagle into the replacement handle using Loctite all purpose adhesive and so far it seems to be holding.

Edit: Oh and I'm still in, todays shave was a quick wtg & xtg with my Fatboy @settinng 5 & Prosasso Green.

As those of you who were in the January restraint may recall, back in January I accidently dropped my Beagle thus causing its death.. :scared::crying:

20220113_004045.jpg

20220113_143853.jpg

And thanks to the wonderfull Bernd at Shavemac, and the relpacement handle that he sent me, its back from the dead. :thumbup:

20220211_161321.jpg

I have glued the salvaged knot from the old Beagle into the replacement handle using Loctite all purpose adhesive and so far it seems to be holding.

Edit: Oh and I'm still in, todays shave was a quick wtg & xtg with my Fatboy @settinng 5 & Prosasso Green.
Good as new :thumbsup:

Still in
Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Soap: Signature Soaps Hibernian
Brush: Omega S-Brush
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4)
Blade: Personna Platinum
Post-Shave: Alum Block
Acqua Velva Ice Blue AS splash
TONS Eton College AS cream
Castle Forbes Vetiver EDP

Had a sample of the Signature soap lying around so took it for a spin. Wow what a surprise. Nice slick lather led to a lovely BBS shave. Nice summery scent which paired nicely with TOBS Eaton College aftershave cream. Couple of weepers with the Personna blade but nothing to worry about. Stay safe fellas

I
Found a box of fountain pens in storage that I hadn't used in over 10 years. Trying to clean them up. Now I need ink. Grume doesn't stop unnecessary spending it merely redirects it! View attachment 1406378
I intend to get in this hobby next. Need to get a good starter pen and some ink. I have been scouring The Nib but most of the stuff seems beyond my current desire to spend.

I’ve been so busy, unable to come onto B&B for the last few weeks. No purchases this year as I’m in the GRUYERE, so I’ll join in the fun for the rest of the month with you fine gents 👍

1) FoolishMortal - OBiF
2) Timeclo
3) ChriWilson
4) Sammy671
5) Roedeer
6) SharpieB
7) ShavingPanda
8) sarir97
9) Multum in parvo
10) Doti B
11) JAHE (GRUYERE) - OBiF
12) elmo_koffman (GRUYERE)