What's new

First Wolfman Razor

I ordered a WR2 1.15 SB with the WRH2 90mm Hollow handle. This is my first official wolfman razor. I have own the Lupo as well.

I took for a spin today with a SI blade. I did my normal 3 pass shave using Williams in the mug. I got a BBS with a tiny tiny tiny little nick that was totally my fault. There was little irritation and the shave held up for about 3 hours until it started to un-bbs.

This razor definitely is a keeper. I can see why these are so well regarded. I normally use vintage Gillette but have a couple newer razors. Most of those newer razors are really different because of their construction not so much for their shave. The Wolfman really is a different beast. Virtually no blade feel in this gap size unless I go too steep and even then it is minor.

However, I had a 2-pass DFS which is something that is very rare for me. The efficiency of this razor is something else. The Lupo comes close, but still isn't as smooth as the Wolfman.

I would definitely recommend this razor and the company. The customer service is excellent and the product is top-tier. If you are looking for something that is a definite step-up from vintage, this is it.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I ordered a WR2 1.15 SB with the WRH2 90mm Hollow handle. This is my first official wolfman razor. I have own the Lupo as well.

I took for a spin today with a SI blade. I did my normal 3 pass shave using Williams in the mug. I got a BBS with a tiny tiny tiny little nick that was totally my fault. There was little irritation and the shave held up for about 3 hours until it started to un-bbs.

This razor definitely is a keeper. I can see why these are so well regarded. I normally use vintage Gillette but have a couple newer razors. Most of those newer razors are really different because of their construction not so much for their shave. The Wolfman really is a different beast. Virtually no blade feel in this gap size unless I go too steep and even then it is minor.

However, I had a 2-pass DFS which is something that is very rare for me. The efficiency of this razor is something else. The Lupo comes close, but still isn't as smooth as the Wolfman.

I would definitely recommend this razor and the company. The customer service is excellent and the product is top-tier. If you are looking for something that is a definite step-up from vintage, this is it.
Congrats! See you every Wednesday from now on!

Nice razor purchase. Sounds like you made the right gap and handle selection. Need some pics!!

Maybe I'll get one down the road, but for now I'm good with what I have.

I saw there was a Wolfman WR2 1.55 SB with WR7 handle posted for sale on eBay > think it’s worth a purchase ? I’m considering the 1.55mm gap as I shave once every 2-3 days as my routine

I saw there was a Wolfman WR2 1.55 SB with WR7 handle posted for sale on eBay > think it’s worth a purchase ? I’m considering the 1.55mm gap as I shave once every 2-3 days as my routine
I have a Wolfman WR2 1.65 SB that I really like - it's easily in my top two and some days #1 - so I would suggest that yes, it is worth considering. I can shave with it on consecutive days without any issues, but I do prefer very efficient razors.

Top Bottom