What's new

Proraso wood and spice

I've not seen much about this cream and as I love the green and white tubs wants to try this cream.
I bought the larger 275 ml tube for £14 Amazon, post free.

I filled 1.5 proraso white tubs with it . It's not like anything else I've tried in consistency. Almost jellý like and very soft. Best not to load a wet brush, but take out a finger end amount for a bowl. Doesn't need much water, just a damp brush and add a drop of water as you lather until it is to your liking.

It gives a very good shave, leaving skin smooth and refreshed best post shave of any product. I've not a good sense of smell, but a nice woody spicy scent . What I liked was the slight very pleasant tingling sensation which was a pleasure to feel.

Very close shave, irritation free. I'll be buying the other two creams in this range.

One thing I'm not keen on is the consistency of this cream. I've mixed it with white proraso and it is really a wonderful soap or croap now. Very luxurious lather and the harder consistency I like. A top soap at a very reasonable price. Highly recommended.

I just started on the small tube this morning, really liking this line a lot.
Using a dab of Cremo Heritage as my pre-shave, I received a legit CCS from a quick 2-pass.

Very nice aroma as with the Vetiver.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Just finished my 100ml tube of W&S, liked it when I first received it but started to find the scent overpowering even smelling it through my aftershave splash. I find I get a better, slicker shave from the tube of Palmolive I am 3017ing now using even less cream.

Just finished my 100ml tube of W&S, liked it when I first received it but started to find the scent overpowering even smelling it through my aftershave splash. I find I get a better, slicker shave from the tube of Palmolive I am 3017ing now using even less cream.
I wish mine were a bit stronger. I barely notice it after using a plain aloe aftershave

enjoy my Proraso wood & spice.
i squeezed some into a tin, let it dry out over a couple months, now it's a convenient travel size soap.
also like the cologne.

wood spice.jpg

Did the scent get weaker after it dried out? Just curious as I want to try this but don't want a weaker scent.

This is a very good cream and it has a bit of menthol too, I enjoy year round.
The AS balm is potent and synthetic smelling. I sent my back to Amazon. It was gross.

I get no wood and no spice from it.

I've not seen much about this cream and as I love the green and white tubs wants to try this cream.
I bought the larger 275 ml tube for £14 Amazon, post free.

I filled 1.5 proraso white tubs with it . It's not like anything else I've tried in consistency. Almost jellý like and very soft. Best not to load a wet brush, but take out a finger end amount for a bowl. Doesn't need much water, just a damp brush and add a drop of water as you lather until it is to your liking.

It gives a very good shave, leaving skin smooth and refreshed best post shave of any product. I've not a good sense of smell, but a nice woody spicy scent . What I liked was the slight very pleasant tingling sensation which was a pleasure to feel.

Very close shave, irritation free. I'll be buying the other two creams in this range.

Oh crap. Another endorsement of a cream which will get me to spend more money out of my pocket. Damn this forum !!! Damn this site !!!

I've only spent two weeks here and its been nothing but buying brushes (better looking than what I have now) shaving creams (already had some but want to try more scents) and razors. And now my first lather bowl. Thankfully I am set on blades. But I did purchase two sets of blades I want to try.

Oh crap. Another endorsement of a cream which will get me to spend more money out of my pocket. Damn this forum !!! Damn this site !!!

I've only spent two weeks here and its been nothing but buying brushes (better looking than what I have now) shaving creams (already had some but want to try more scents) and razors. And now my first lather bowl. Thankfully I am set on blades. But I did purchase two sets of blades I want to try.
Though I have been here only since January, I have acquired enough quality blades to last 10years or so...

Maybe 50, given my recent readings and practice from FFFMM and Excalibur :eek2:

Though I have been here only since January, I have acquired enough quality blades to last 10years or so...

Maybe 50, given my recent readings and practice from FFFMM and Excalibur :eek2:

Ha !!! I got myself set on blades for years going back a few years ago. Made a massive purchase of several Gillette Blades, Feathers, Merkurs, and Wilkinson Sword (Black Packet) and a couple of other blade packs that I cant remember now. Somehow I have yet to go through these. There must be at least 500 blades I will need to go through. I recently purchased a 100 pack set of Astra Blades. I really like the Astras for their smooth shave. I also just purchased a set 50 blades of blue Wilkinson Sword from Gillette to try out and Dorco Prime. This should round out all the blades I want to try for a cost less than $200-$300 (?) or so.

That is cheap when you consider other items you will want to try in this hobby compared to:
numerous razors
plentiful of shaving cream & soaps
shaving brushes (although I may put my limit on 5 or 6)
I cant see anyone collecting shaving bowls, although I find it a useful purchase - just purchased my first shaving bowl after DE shaving for 10 years now. Just never really thought it was worth the money until I seen youtube videos showing that to get a really strong lather, you need a good shaving bowl.

The razors should set me not just for the rest of my life - based on the way I am going through blades (which is very slowly !!!), but it should last me even when I come back for the next life.

Do I shave to live, or live to shave ? That is the question now. Damn this site for making me spend money !!!

Best of luck with the RAD @discomike
I have plenty of badgers ranging from 2-band Silvertips down to Pure.
I have a brush or 2 for travel along with bonafide backups - :welcoming:

My daily struggle is trying to keep my head from justifying why I need a Manchurian in a non-standard handle...

The interesting thing is that of all the brushes I own, +90% are with the same Pure Badger that I started DE Shaving with. To me it's perfect whether bowl or face lathering. I guess being able to sample a plethora of other brushes has led me to that conclusion.

Time to get a backup :mad2:

Best of luck with the RAD @discomike
I have plenty of badgers ranging from 2-band Silvertips down to Pure.
I have a brush or 2 for travel along with bonafide backups - :welcoming:

My daily struggle is trying to keep my head from justifying why I need a Manchurian in a non-standard handle...

The interesting thing is that of all the brushes I own, +90% are with the same Pure Badger that I started DE Shaving with. To me it's perfect whether bowl or face lathering. I guess being able to sample a plethora of other brushes has led me to that conclusion.

Time to get a backup :mad2:

When I travel where I am going to board a plane - I pack along my trusty cartridge razor for the trip and leave the razor at home. I dont want my investment being confiscated. Its difficult, but I find ways to make the "sacrifice" of shaving with a lower standard cartridge razor compared to the luxurious shaving with a razor.

Do you travel with your razor or do you go to your backup with a cartridge razor on your road trips ?

Top Bottom