What's new

👖 🔵 🫐 “SOTD - I’VE GOT THE BLUES! Theme Week” January 17th, 2022 to January 23rd, 2022 👖 🔵 🫐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: Some Making Required + Frank Shaving G4 (26mm)
Razor: Timeless Ti .68
Blade: Perma-Sharp
Soap & Splash: Eleven - Clary Sage & Violet
79FDA6B5-77DD-4CC7-88F6-5A66563215D5.jpeg

View attachment 1398014
Razor: Rockwell 6S in Blue, R6 plate
Blade: Big Ben Super Stainless
Brush: AP Shave 24mm SilkSmoke knot with Blue Lagoon handle
Bowl: Captain's Choice Seaworthy Lather Bowl - Starry Night
Soap: Barrister & Mann Mélange Shave Soap
Aftershave: Fieldworks' Face of Danger Aftershave Elixir

Second use of the Big Ben blade was much worse than the first time. Lots of tugging but surprisingly no irritation or weepers. It was the only one I had, courtesy of @dmshaver, but I don't see myself using one again.
Sorry the Big Ben didn’t work out for you. You never know until you try though.

Sunday SOTD- last blue shave, a good, satisfying two-pass shave, DFS, for fun I dug around for stuff that hasn't been used in years and that had some blue on the packaging:

Maxwell June, twinned DE- dusk grey, somewhat blueish
Treet Black Beauty (1)- continuing my trials of Treet blades; it performed fine and, perhaps, better than I anticipated; seems these carbon blades are giving me some "softer" shaves?
Tom's Natural Shave Cream- maybe in the intervening year's my lathering technique has improved, as the cream made a nicer lather than I recall; not spectacular, but more than adequate
Rein Dachs Klassik badger brush- lathered great in the bowl, so far this brush is performing above it's ~$30 price point
The Body Shop Macca Root Face Protector- slightly earthy scent and not at all a bad balm

Have some fine shaves!

PXL_20220123_171850091.jpg

IMG-9149.jpg

Added the Marvis aquatic Mint toothpaste and blue tooth brush to the morning grooming seance

Prep : warm shower/ Nivea Men Deep cleaning face scrub
Pre shave : Cremo cream cooling formula
Brush : Maggard SY24 synthetic
Cream : Nivea Blue
Razor : Merkur 34 HD
Blade : GSB (2)

Next week’s Theme…

“B&B Subforums”
. Choose another B&B subforum and incorporate into your shots. I.E. Whisky, watches, footwear, pipes or cigars, knives, music, etc.

@KeenDogg posted a great theme idea and let’s run with it! Thread will be live late tonight!

Also, please keep posting your great SOTD theme ideas in the stickied thread above or just send me an IM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom