What's new

GIVEAWAY! PIF: Soaps, Brushes, and Blades

I've settled on my standard assortment and haven't used any of these in some time--need to clean out the cabinet.

All I ask is for the cost of USPS Priority mail shipping via PayPal ($10-15?), and I'd prefer it go to someone new to the 'hobby' to try out some different soaps and blades. Let's keep it CONUS only.

PXL_20220121_153832603.jpg
  • 2x Stirling Soap scents (Mtn Man and Frozen Tundra, both >50% remaining)
  • 3x assorted shaving brushes
  • Prorasso Green and Red, both ~50% remaining
  • Assorted blades, with lots of Feather blades (was my go-to for a long time)
If you're interested, just say "I'm in" and tell me what got you interested in getting away from gels and cartridges. I'll pick a random post on Sunday evening (1/23) eastern time and ship next week.

All the best!

Wow, great PIF! I've only been at this for a few months and am tempted, but I've recently acquired some new gear, and I'm a minimalist at heart. I got off of carts (Sensor Excel for ~30 years) and canned gel when I googled "harry's vs dollar shave" and for the next few weeks, all my online ads were for various safety razors and wet shaving products. One ad about carts and plastic waste caught my eye and I started looking into options.

Respectfully not in... for now. A lot of recent check-ins in the newbie forum though, some of y'all need to jump on this!!

I'm in! I moved to DE shaving because I hated cartridge/disposables shaving. My face always got scraped up, the cartridges clogged with whiskers and soap half way through the shave, and there seemed to be something ridiculous about a middle aged man shaving with disposable razors. I went to amazon and found a razor for $13 (Weishi, I think) I've been using it ever since.

My Step mother gave me some shave soap, and that's when I left the foam behind. It was just slicker.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I've settled on my standard assortment and haven't used any of these in some time--need to clean out the cabinet.

All I ask is for the cost of USPS Priority mail shipping via PayPal ($10-15?), and I'd prefer it go to someone new to the 'hobby' to try out some different soaps and blades. Let's keep it CONUS only.

View attachment 1397104
  • 2x Stirling Soap scents (Mtn Man and Frozen Tundra, both >50% remaining)
  • 3x assorted shaving brushes
  • Prorasso Green and Red, both ~50% remaining
  • Assorted blades, with lots of Feather blades (was my go-to for a long time)
If you're interested, just say "I'm in" and tell me what got you interested in getting away from gels and cartridges. I'll pick a random post on Sunday evening (1/23) eastern time and ship next week.

All the best!
Just an FYI -
No one with less than 50 posts and 45 days membership can post here.
If you'd like this moved, just send me a PM, otherwise only guys who have been here 45 days with 50 posts can reply.
Very generous offer, and thanks for giving back to the community!

Hi, not a complete newbie to wet shaving, but not an expert either. I wouldn't want to hog the whole lot, but interested in just a few things (since so many are opting out respectfully!) More than happy to pay for postage.
I've never used a tallow based soap or Feather blades, been wanting to try them out forever. If you'd consider splitting up the lot, I'd be interested in the tallow Stirling soap, a pack of feather blades and the black handled brush.
I stumbled upon this forum a while back and discovered there was actually a better alternative to getting ripped off by the mega corporations peddling their expensive cartridges and canned goop. My face and skin has never looked and felt better!

I'm in (as a partial backup...) Thanks for the PIF, I love this forum!

Top Bottom