What's new

PSA - Velasca shoes on sale

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Habbers - if you aspire to the heights of dapperness embodied by our good brother @Marco, you may be interested to know that his favorite shoe brand is running a 20% off New Years sale. I don't know how much longer it runs; maybe just to the end of today. I grabbed a pair of desert boots for less than Clark's currently sell for. I'll report back when they come in. Thank you. That is all...

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
With the 20% discount currently applied I got a back-up pair of these gorgeous Derby shoes. :001_wub:

visual_bottom_secolatt_c_04_mobile_1024x.jpg

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Robert @johnniegold I wish they had a suede version of these Derby shoes, but they currently do not. If they ever make it, I'd certainly buy a pair and preferred colour would be Brown Tobacco.

Did you ever a quite the Cartee suede derby? I still have my eye on those.

Have you tried Velasca’s sneakers?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Did you ever a quite the Cartee suede derby? I still have my eye on those.

Have you tried Velasca’s sneakers?
Cartee do look fantastic, but they didn't fit exactly as I wanted (I tried them on directly into a Velasca Bottega here in Rome).

No experience yet on the sneakers, which are a relatively new addition to their line-up.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Robert @johnniegold this below is exactly what I would want to see and own. Unfortunately, it's available only for women (it.velascawomen.com). But, isn't it strikingly beautiful?

20220113_092914.jpg

I can just imagine going on a blind date and the woman showing up in a pair of those! I think it would be a very successful encounter. Darn shame they don’t make them for men though.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I can just imagine going on a blind date and the woman showing up in a pair of those! I think it would be a very successful encounter. Darn shame they don’t make them for men though.

If you saw her in a bar would you ask for her number or her shoe size?

Inexplicable really, that they are not available in Men’s shoes.

Btw, still enjoying the Barbee.

EA2F55C8-A280-43F7-BC31-0EBF61E155B6.jpeg

Probably phone number. Shoe size could be estimated by triangulation against an object of known size like a floor tile. Guessing a phone number takes an awful lot of luck!

Good to see the Barbees getting some time.

tankerjohn

Well, my Velasca desert boots showed up today. First off, they are extremely nice boots. Very well made and just beautiful. Unfortunately, they were also much too narrow for my fat American feet. I was worried that might be a problem, but was willing to give it a go for $116. Bummer. On the bright side, the boots shipped with a return label and it appears that the return process is very no-hassle.

BTW, the sale is still going if anyone is interested.

tankerjohn

Not to lean too much on stereotypes, but I wouldn't generally assume a lady wearing men's-style shoes, like wingtips, is much into men. Just sayin... :whistling:

One of the most feminine women I’ve known enjoyed wearing rather beaten up heavy lugsole work boots now and then. She also had a few pairs of stilettos in the closet for when the occasion demanded.

Let's face it, we post photos of ourselves wearing shoes so that other men on the forum can post back how wonderful they look. I don’t think anyone imagines that this is an indication about anything other than an enthusiasm for fine shoes.

tankerjohn

One of the most feminine women I’ve known enjoyed wearing rather beaten up heavy lugsole work boots now and then. She also had a few pairs of stilettos in the closet for when the occasion demanded.

Let's face it, we post photos of ourselves wearing shoes so that other men on the forum can post back how wonderful they look. I don’t think anyone imagines that this is an indication about anything other than an enthusiasm for fine shoes.
Yes indeed. Sorry if my quip was out of bounds.

No problem - it's easy to get carried away on forums. Once it's in print it doesn't always end up as intended. I have many cringeworthy posts buried on B&B!

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
284BB31C-E326-475B-A80E-9F7912F835E1.jpeg

Dean: Hey, why is it so cold in here?

Frank: It ain’t cold in here. Get your hand out of the ice bucket.

Dean: Oh.. is that my hand?

It’s all good fellas. As the members of The Rat Pack use to say:

“Just trying to have a little fun, folks.”

7A3D13ED-5BFB-467B-895D-BC8902F9C4E1.jpeg

Last edited:
Has anyone here worn their Velasca shoes/boots for any significant amount of time? I’d like to know what you think of the quality and durability of these compared to more established brands of handmade shoes. I’ve been looking around for a nice pair of leather stitched down boots. Facebook keeps shoving their ads down my throat. I haven’t heard much about this brand, but I really like their frittereau boot and a couple others. It’s awesome how they offer free shipping and returns from Canada.

Top Bottom