What's new

🐗 🐖 🐷 🐽 DecemBOAR 2021 - Only boar brushes… for all of December! 🐗 🐖 🐷 🐽

linty1

My wallet cries.
My two new little piggies are having a bath in some Stirling Executive Man and warm water and the red/orange one will be used today.

Initial impression is that both brushes are very high quality for the $$$. Both handles are well made and have some heft to them. Both knots have a noticeable glue knot (5mm or so) which doesn’t bug me with boar knots as they tend to have longer lofts than I like.

I am interested to see how the Zeniths perform vs. my Semogue SOCs.

View attachment 1386805View attachment 1386807View attachment 1386806

Stirling executive man? As a brush cleaner? Is that because its a good cleaner or because you need to use it up etc? Interesting, always good to get little tips.

linty1

My wallet cries.
@Leverspro I would highly recommend it, if its in the budget, a lovely brush that gets super soft and full. This isn't the grume thread so a little brush p@rn:

25CF6476-4B24-4A2E-AF1F-FEF37C2317FF.jpeg

@MaineYooper Well done! I imagine I'll probably have one before the month of boars begin. The other one that was so common in this thread is the SOC boar, which I also don't have.
Hope this can help 🤪
12_29 sotd.jpg

The SOC was my first boar in over 5 years, and the only one until DecemBoar took hold of my wallet! A wonderful gift from @bjm (thanks again, my friend, I have loved every shave and enjoy it more every time I use it!)

I like the Mistura so much I got a backup and then a backup to the backup. Started with the butterscotch then the Taj and finally got the Torga C5 in Mistura. I could settle on using the Mistura exclusively it's so good. My boars and badgers are taking a backseat.

BTW, does the word "Taj" mean anything? Is it just a marketing term for the white resin handle. I don't see any difference between the butterscotch and the taj other than color.

Both the butterscotch and the taj weigh in at 80g. As far as I can tell they are identical except for color. Is taj the name for the handle color? Seems kinda weird. Googling yields lots of references to the Taj Mahal and mention of its color - ivory white. Maybe that's it. Dunno.

Can never be too early. I never went back to badger or synthetics since DecemBOAR. Been using my Turn n' Shave boar in Maggard's handle and the Proraso Omega boar brushes exclusively since then. Can't wait till December or maybe I'll start in SeptemBOAR-DecemBOAR and trying different new boar brushes I have that I haven't tried yet. Looking forward to the Connaught Omega Jade boar and some of the Zenith and Semogue boars ready to go. BTW I've been looking for Zenith's Copper Scrubby boar brush sold exclusively by "The Gentle Shave" but he was out of stock in December, and was expecting new ones in March. So far it's never been back in stock. I emailed him again to see what the new ETA is.

I'm still using the same boar I was using for Decemboar. And coincidentally, the same boar I been using for a number of years. Shockingly, I did notice it shed two, yes two hairs today. First hairs I've noticed being shed for 6 months. If it keeps going like this I'll have to break out the spare within the next decade.

Top Bottom