What's new

January 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in. Not even really looking at new gear, which is a first in a long time. 👍

- Brush: Simpson Polo 10 Best (Somerset era)
- Razor: Supply Injector
- Blade: Schick Injector (2)
- Soap: B&M O, Delight!
- Aftershave: B&M O, Delight! balm

06CBE598-5D2E-4FCA-8478-1FBE322A0C78.jpeg

SOTD
  • Rockwell 6S/R4
  • Derby Extra (20) from the December Derby
  • Mike's Lemongrass and Eucalyptus
  • Deer-horn mystery badger
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Orange Chill ASB
  • Vintage Avon Bay Rum AS
A quick one-pass WTG (plus an XTG swipe) shave and I was still running late out the door. Results were quite satisfactory, though; the brush, which was a gift from the in-laws by way of a Scotland trip, is a bit scritchy and seems a touch floppy, but makes surprisingly good lather. I'll try to provide a pic at some point.

Onward!

Still in! Excellent 3-pass shave with touchups on 2 days worth of stubble, for a DFS+/BBS result. Loving the smoothness of Tatara Masamune, but wish it were slightly more efficient. I was tempted to purchase the Nodachi plate but held back, at least until the end of this month. If the Blackland Era is released this month though, I may have to bail.

Happy shaves everyone!

D2B2CCB8-F0D5-456F-AB83-967C0ECBBC65.jpeg

Day 12, 38.7% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: Rockwell 6S R4, Ti Handle, Wizamet SI #1
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid.

Used the Rockwell again, with a fresh Wizamet, for an easy near-BBS.

SOTD #013/2022
13-Jan-2022

20220113_100505-01.jpeg

Still in.

Second shave with the potential heier of the RR throne. This Lupo .95 strongly challenges my preferred RR head, the .84 OC Gamechanger. What a nimble, smooth and efficient head this Lupo is.

Today's been one of those shaves where the stars seem to have perfectly aligned. I had two super enjoyable and buttery smooth passes with the Rapira Platinum Lux (4th use). No blemishes on the face, my skin feels soft and totally calm. Besides: BBS.

As stated, I'm still in the honeymoon phase with this head, however, I definitely see a keeper here. That's set. Perhaps I even end up liking it better than any of my other RR heads. Really looking forward to give this razor more spins... I'm considering to attend FFMM for the very first time and to nominate the .95 Lupo as my razor of choice for this challenge.

Does anyone of you intend to join the FFMM ?

Have some great shaves, y'all!

Last edited:

linty1

My wallet cries.
633E671A-BA13-4464-9332-3F1A79C78BA9.jpeg

Whats is "FFMM", @JAHE ?

Still in, decided to switch things up a bit to the cream, and decided to bring back out the bowl to lather with. I contemplated using the scuttle... maybe next time, we have fairly hot water coming out of the tap and that may do the trick instead of boiling water to a certain degree.

View attachment 1392974

Whats is "FFMM", @JAHE ?

Still in, decided to switch things up a bit to the cream, and decided to bring back out the bowl to lather with. I contemplated using the scuttle... maybe next time, we have fairly hot water coming out of the tap and that may do the trick instead of boiling water to a certain degree.
Fixed Four March Madness? I failed last year as my soap ran out...

Top Bottom