What's new

Personna blade dilemma.

May be it’s in my head but last 3 shaves I used eddison blade which is supposedly also personna red. But they feel different then actual personna red in the red pack. Is it me or do you guys notice that difference too?

The Eddison is a different blade (which was made in the same factory). It has stainless coating versus the Red's platinum.

All Personna Reds are printed "Personna PLATINUM CHROME":
Personna-Red.jpg

Last edited:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Add to the confusion of personna. I recently saw Eddison blades for sale and passed on them. If they are not as good as the reds I’m probably justified.

Add to the confusion of personna. I recently saw Eddison blades for sale and passed on them. If they are not as good as the reds I’m probably justified.
Royal, Tomy and Viking’s Sword are also made in Israel by Personna. I haven’t tried Royal or Tomy.

Viking’s Sword aren’t as good as Personna Reds but Crystals are close.

Satinex 2000 are another one that American Safety Razor (Personna parent) makes in Israel.

They make a ton of different blades and it can be super confusing!

Royal, Tomy and Viking’s Sword are also made in Israel by Personna. I haven’t tried Royal or Tomy.

Viking’s Sword aren’t as good as Personna Reds but Crystals are close.

Satinex 2000 are another one that American Safety Razor (Personna parent) makes in Israel.

They make a ton of different blades and it can be super confusing!

None of these blades are currently being made in Israel as the plant closed a couple of years ago. There may still be some Israeli made blades in the inventory pipeline. I know the Personna Platinum Chrome blades are now being made in Germany in the same plant that makes Wilkinson Sword Classic blades, but I have no idea whether any of the other blades are still being made.

American Safety Razor has not existed as a company since 2015 when the company was purchased by Edgewell Personal Care Products from Energizer Holdings. The industrial blade devision was spun off as AccuTech Blades in Verona, VA. This company still makes GEM blades, blades for utility razors and also makes blades under the Personna label for laboratory (Lab Blues) and hospital (Med Preps) use. I believe Edgewell may use AccuTec Blades to distribute Personna and Wilkinson Sword Classic blades in the USA.

None of these blades are currently being made in Israel as the plant closed a couple of years ago. There may still be some Israeli made blades in the inventory pipeline. I know the Personna Platinum Chrome blades are now being made in Germany in the same plant that makes Wilkinson Sword Classic blades, but I have no idea whether any of the other blades are still being made.

American Safety Razor has not existed as a company since 2015 when the company was purchased by Edgewell Personal Care Products from Energizer Holdings. The industrial blade devision was spun off as AccuTech Blades in Verona, VA. This company still makes GEM blades, blades for utility razors and also makes blades under the Personna label for laboratory (Lab Blues) and hospital (Med Preps) use. I believe Edgewell may use AccuTec Blades to distribute Personna and Wilkinson Sword Classic blades in the USA.
Correct. I should have made that clear. The Israeli blades I referred to are no longer being manufactured but are still available. Razorbladesclub and similar online retailers have most if not all of them.

a bunch of years ago connaught shaving offered a personna blade multipack and sent a bunch of different personna blades. i see they dont have it anymore for sale but i enjoyed a bunch of them. no wax on the blades and super sharp stuff. nowadays i am confused by all their packaging and marketing and cant figure out which are the good personnas anymore. plus i have read about fake blades which i find hard to believe someone to fake a 10cent razor blade...but it still confuses me. due to all the confusion i rebought a few other brands instead.

Are these generally regarded well? I have used them for many years until I came here and now I realize that there is much better (for me) out there as I work through some samples. image.jpg

Are these generally regarded well? I have used them for many years until I came here and now I realize that there is much better (for me) out there as I work through some samples.

Personna Lab Blues in prior generation packaging. They work well for me - I consistently get 21 shaves out of them. Could go longer, but they are usually not cutting as well as I like by then. I have gone 28 a few times.

Top Bottom