What's new

OC King of the Ring

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I am sorry I should have given the results from the first match .
Timeless SS .95
VS
Karve C- Plate
it was a very nice shave , extra smooth and comfortable from both Razors
The Timeless was more efficient with less blade feel and did a much better job on my neck
I liked the Karve , it's just a shame it drew the Timeless in the first round. I was trying to match up modern v modern
Razors . And it is my opinion that Timeless makes the best teeth of any modern razor that I have tried
PXL_20220103_142644325.PORTRAIT.jpg

Graydog

Biblical Innards
So I am trying to figure out away to make this a contest for guessing
the winning razor and the winner of the most correct predictions getting prize
Any Ideas ?
Wednesday it will be match #3
Gillette 1918 Old Type Standard
VS
Gillette 1931 Goodwill #160

No need to apologize, you are doing us a great service!

That said, I will see your OC and raise you a D, with my apologies.

The list has 20 entrants, but the Karve was missing. Should it be 21, and if so is there another camera shy razor? Or is there an inadvertent duplication in the list? (I don’t see it)

Graydog

Biblical Innards
No need to apologize, you are doing us a great service!

That said, I will see your OC and raise you a D, with my apologies.

The list has 20 entrants, but the Karve was missing. Should it be 21, and if so is there another camera shy razor? Or is there an inadvertent duplication in the list? (I don’t see it)
The Karve C-plate is present right next to the Timeless .68 Ti , I blew up the picture for you ☺️ it has a custom brass handle that I bought from a B&B member
PXL_20220103_140146088.PORTRAIT.jpg

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
So I am trying to figure out away to make this a contest for guessing
the winning razor and the winner of the most correct predictions getting prize
Any Ideas ?
Wednesday it will be match #3
Gillette 1918 Old Type Standard
VS
Gillette 1931 Goodwill #160
Maybe a bracket? I'm going with Rosie for Queen!

Wonderful Oc Collection Steve. Thanks for the lovely shave-offs thus far! My money is on RFB#44 or RFB#88 or Timeless.95 Oc that just slayed the Karve. If I had to choose between all 3 I would go for RFB#88. Thanks gor this wonderful content. Next bout should be interesting. Where is my popcorn lol :popc:

For the next shaves winner hmm.
I've never used a Goodwill but I have a 1918 old type 102a thin cap.
I'll pick the old type for closeness of shave.

The Karve C-plate is present right next to the Timeless .68 Ti , I blew up the picture for you ☺️ it has a custom brass handle that I bought from a B&B member View attachment 1388844
A custom Canadian bacon 🥓 wrap handle 😂View attachment 1388848
[/QUOTE]
I am awestruck by your collection of OC razors, and this one is just beautiful. Nice bacon too!

I’ll root for the Goodwill with the diamond cutouts in the top cap. I shaved with mine this morning and was impressed with it once again. Probably not the smoothest, so a long shot for the win.

Yours is different though, with a contoured base plate and corner slots like a New. Mine is smooth like an Old Type.

So many nuances.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Maybe a bracket? I'm going with Rosie for Queen!

Back in 2016 I did this and it was fun , I guess I could try it again with brackets

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz

Back in 2016 I did this and it was fun , I guess I could try it again with brackets
That may just be the ticket, Steve!

I have used quite a few OCs, but not that many! My favorites are the British flat-bottom New, the RFB New, and the 17mm New Deluxe. I think the differences between the flat-bottom New and the RFB New are subtle enough that it would be impossible to choose a winner. I liked the RFB very slightly more than the New Deluxe.

I don't think the RFB really has anything over the flat-bottom, which is my current favorite.

Another one that I really, really like is actually a dual comb, and that's the iKon Shavecraft 101. I've never tried the Timeless, but I suspect they use a similar design for their teeth, because the Shavecraft 101 has the most comfortable OC teeth of any razor I have tried.

Great thread, Steve! I’m looking forward to following this rumble! My money is on

9) Gillette 1930s NEW RFB #77/88 made in England
20) Timeless Stainless Steel .95

making it to the finals.

Top Bottom