What's new

Which blade is the best for really thin hairs?

Hello, I am quite new to wet shaving and need a comfortable blade to use.

I am 15 and my facial hair is really thin but it annoys me so I shave once a week. My skin is sensitive but I didn't get any razor burns so far.
Do you know any less aggressive blades for me to try with an edwin jagger de89?

Welcome from West Tennessee.
When all of us old guys started shaving (1958) we had no choice in blades except the ones our fathers used (Gillette Blue Blades) for me. I really can't remember if I had your problem but i'll bet in a few years you will be looking for more aggressive razors & blades. For now learn to use your razor in a less aggressive way.

You can try several blades in a sampler pack. You need blades with middle-of-the-road sharpness. Look for blades like Voskhod, Rapira Swedish Supersteel, Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless (green pack). You can learn to shave without irritation using blades like these. Don't go with blades that are too dull, it's counter-productive in the long run.

It doesn't hurt to experiment with different blades. Just give each blade several tries before going on to the next. You'll find something before too long.

Last edited:
Hello, I am quite new to wet shaving and need a comfortable blade to use.

I am 15 and my facial hair is really thin but it annoys me so I shave once a week. My skin is sensitive but I didn't get any razor burns so far.
Do you know any less aggressive blades for me to try with an edwin jagger de89?
What blade are you currently using?

Top Bottom