What are your nicknames/aliases?
80Blades, Symetrk

Where do you live?
Berlin, Germany

What is your age (or) generation?

What are you in the real world?
Berlin, Germany

What is your favorite shave setup?
RazoRock German 37 and/or PAA DOC, Tiger Platinum, Speick soap..

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
music (see below), breadmaking, cycling, travel (well, I used to anyway!)

What else should the members of B&B know about you?
professional jazz musician, composer/producer of electronic and ambient music, husband and father, outdoors enthusiast

Welcome from Toronto, Canada!

52 year old musician (bass) here. Used to gig all the time until COVID caused all of my gigs to be cancelled!

Nice! What sort of jazz?

Welcome to B&B! :)
Thanks! I've played most styles over the years. I'm a pianist by trade and training but dabble in a few other instruments, notably accordion and trumpet. I play in a lot of Varieté (circus) shows over here, which demands a lot of versatility so I've played pretty much every kind of music you can imagine, on stage, at one point or another!

Welcome from Toronto, Canada!

52 year old musician (bass) here. Used to gig all the time until COVID caused all of my gigs to be cancelled!
Yeah it's been a rough couple of years. I've been lucky to have a show on stage for the past 6 months and despite all the craziness we haven't been cancelled yet. Fingers crossed (or, as they tend to say around these parts, thumbs pressed)!

I grew up north of Toronto, between Markham and Richmond Hill. Haven't been back in a while though, most of my family is now in Nova Scotia, so that's where I usually go back to when I do. Still have a few good friends on the scene in TO though!

Yeah it's been a rough couple of years. I've been lucky to have a show on stage for the past 6 months and despite all the craziness we haven't been cancelled yet. Fingers crossed (or, as they tend to say around these parts, thumbs pressed)!

I grew up north of Toronto, between Markham and Richmond Hill. Haven't been back in a while though, most of my family is now in Nova Scotia, so that's where I usually go back to when I do. Still have a few good friends on the scene in TO though!
Small world! I live in Whitby but grew up in Markham and went to Richmond Hill High.

I was mainly doing bar cover gigs and private events for beer money until COVID. My days of touring with stinky guys in a van are long gone!

Welcome, Tobias.
Thanks! Quick question, I'm not seeing any possibility to post a review... I'm assuming there's a post-count threshold or similar which being very new I have not yet met... which is obviously fine, just wondering what it might be? Or maybe I'm missing something. I'm not interested in spamming, my goal is very much to be a contributing member of the community... I just can't find any information about it in the Wiki or welcome email. Thanks in advance!

Small world! I live in Whitby but grew up in Markham and went to Richmond Hill High.

I was mainly doing bar cover gigs and private events for beer money until COVID. My days of touring with stinky guys in a van are long gone!
Hmmm... I also went to RHHS... looks like we are pretty close in age... not seeing your real-world name in your profile, but perhaps we know each other or at least crossed paths / mutual friends kinda thing?

Despite having been onstage many thousands of times, I have actually never been on tour!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thanks! Quick question, I'm not seeing any possibility to post a review... I'm assuming there's a post-count threshold or similar which being very new I have not yet met... which is obviously fine, just wondering what it might be? Or maybe I'm missing something. I'm not interested in spamming, my goal is very much to be a contributing member of the community... I just can't find any information about it in the Wiki or welcome email. Thanks in advance!
Welcome to B&B. :)

Reviews are posted in the appropriate Forum. We don't have a specific reviews room. :)

Reviews are posted in the appropriate Forum. We don't have a specific reviews room. :)
OK but if I'm in the Reviews section of the forum, the 'Post Thread' button which I can see in the general discussion and other areas, disappears, so I'm unable to post a new review thread. So I'm assuming I have to be a member for a certain amount of time, or number of posts, or perhaps a supporting member... I'm just not sure as there is no information about it anywhere. Thanks for any insight you can offer!

*edit - also, if I hit 'post thread' at the root level, the forum areas that are available to me to place that new thread do not include the review sections.

I think he means here.

1641076164229.png

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
OK but if I'm in the Reviews section of the forum, the 'Post Thread' button which I can see in the general discussion and other areas, disappears, so I'm unable to post a new review thread. So I'm assuming I have to be a member for a certain amount of time, or number of posts, or perhaps a supporting member... I'm just not sure as there is no information about it anywhere. Thanks for any insight you can offer!

*edit - also, if I hit 'post thread' at the root level, the forum areas that are available to me to place that new thread do not include the review sections.

I stand corrected. Apologies for the incorrect answer.

Checking to see if there is any post minimum.

I knew there was a minimum but did not recall the number. So you know, the reason for the minimum requirement is to to eliminate individuals who register and then use the forum to spam a product.

Thank you! :)

And, I learned something new today. To post a review in the formal Reviews Forum, you need to be a B&B Member for 45 days and have 50 quality posts. :)

Thanks, I figured it was something like that, makes sense! Not sure who judges whether posts are 'quality' or not, but I get the idea...

I knew there was a minimum but did not recall the number. So you know, the reason for the minimum requirement is to to eliminate individuals who register and then use the forum to spam a product.

For sure, and I get that. I've also learned that external links are a no-no, which I understand.

Top Bottom