What's new

I finally got a birth year Slim

I just got this beauty in the mail. It's a 1966 Gillette Slim Adjustable 3rd quarter - I'm from July. And I am happy as a clam.

DSC01396.jpg
DSC01388.jpg
DSC01391.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful condition Slim!

I've seen the faded gold foil but not a curled piece. I'm sure you could easily glue it back down to the plastic again.

I just pressed it down with my fingers. But the glue is old and tired so it will probably curl again soon. I don't really want to change anything at this point. I like that everything is original. Even the useless glue :)

IMG_8721.jpg

Last edited:
Let us know how it shaves.My guess is as good as it looks.Superb razor i love mine.Congratulations.
I already shaved with it. I was surprised how light the handle was. And it was a tad more agressive than I anticipated. I started on setting five but had to dial it down to three. Good shave though. A very precise head :)

I already shaved with it. I was surprised how light the handle was. And it was a tad more agressive than I anticipated. I started on setting five but had to dial it down to three. Good shave though. A very precise head :)
First few times i used mine i thought it was a bit rough but after a few shaves it just got better and better.I worked it out in the end that it was me lack of technique.As good as it gets if you practice a bit IMO. Happy shaves.

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Top Bottom