What's new

December 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

You are welcome!
You caught that thin lemon thread in the scent, eh? Many people don't.
How is that Floid?
I used the new Floid today for the second time. Scent wise for me it is a deadringger for Epsilon Amber inlcluding a more pronounced menthol blast than the old Floid version (maybe it’s on Floid Vigroroso level?).

First time it felt a bit sticky after drydown but today it was just soothing and didn’t felt sticky at all.

Still in

48 hour dwell

Proroso Green Soap
Omega Professional Badger
Merkur 34C
Feather (2)
Alum
Lucky Tiger, and later...
Pinaud Clubman

Another fine shave with the Feather blade. However (and per advice from this board) I won't risk a 3rd shave with it, so it is binned. I seem to have trouble under the nostrils with the Merkur and ATG touch ups resulted in a tiny nick. It's the only problem I ever have with the Merkur and the primary reason I run the RR GC more often.

Peace

Still in (out of competition)

Had to buy a new Schafmilch, because my youngest son, who started wetshaving yesterday, loves the scent so much, he wanted mine real bad and take it with him after Christmas. Me, being his tutor, could not deny him this excellent soap. I did resist his craving for my bowled Martin de Cambre Fougeres though. I tell you: he took the bowl at least thirty times to smell it.

Having a bit of difficulty restraining from purchasing a shavette, Feather style, but I'll manage till sunday.

Used the latest discovery from my stashed blades. I actually loaded this Minora Stainless in the bloodthirsty Agamemnon and managed to have an excellent and bloodless shave. Happy with that.

5FB2BB9B-3AE9-4416-A714-1940202F5AD3.jpeg

1. Still in, still busy
2. The January thread is up

Had to buy a new Schafmilch, because my youngest son, who started wetshaving yesterday, loves the scent so much, he wanted mine real bad and take it with him after Christmas. Me, being his tutor, could not deny him this excellent soap. I did resist his craving for my bowled Martin de Cambre Fougeres though. I tell you: he took the bowl at least thirty times to smell it.

Good work there. :thumbup:

Still in ……just. Do have a wanted post on the BST which could put me out but this was done after one too many glasses of Amarone. I’ll probably withdraw it if no response by the end of the day enabling me to successfully complete this GRUME. After all it’s a want not a need 🤭🤭🤭🤭

Still in. MWF got moved to the shower last night. I tried everything with this soap. Pre-soak, don’t soak, wet brush, dry brush, badger, boar, synthetic, slowly add tiny amounts of water, add a bunch of water, use filtered water, bowl lather, face lather, let it soak in water for a couple days, let it dry completely out and start to crack, and lastly I even grated it and pressed it into a tub. Nothing made it better. And I just couldn’t get it to lather the way I wanted it to. I tried to love this soap, but it didn’t want to be loved. Oh well, YMMV! Scent is great btw.

Have a great day y’all!
FD54C590-412D-4ABF-8081-3C3BF6ACAD1F.jpeg

SOTD - Second shave with the PII and a first with Top Ten cream from @ivan_101, all in all DFS

The cream lathers easy and has a faint fresh laundry scent. On the face you feel a bit of menthol and it is not as cushioning and protective as Karo. It reminds me of mentholated Italian Palmolive. The S-brush will join the travel brush circus. It lathers easily but splays a bit unpredictable, a good painter though and super cheap EUR 5.95.
10B1A01C-252B-48F0-B79D-9A73E67FBC7E.jpeg

SOTD - Second shave with the PII and a first with Top Ten cream from @ivan_101, all in all DFS

The cream lathers easy and has a faint fresh laundry scent. On the face you feel a bit of menthol and it is not as cushioning and protective as Karo. It reminds me of mentholated Italian Palmolive. The S-brush will join the travel brush circus. It lathers easily but splays a bit unpredictable, a good painter though and super cheap EUR 5.95.
View attachment 1385555

:frown2: It is every bit as cushioning and as protective as the red Karo, trust me. You just used the S-brush instead of the big Omega boar, and that made the lather thinner.

Had a close call this morning-
Been super surprised the Simpson black Friday sale Classic 1 in 2 band hasn't been snatched up yet. Figured I'd finally snatch it up and made an account, put all of my information in, logged into my PayPal, saw the final price after the exchange rate and proceeded to laugh at it and cancelled everything.

I don't need a new travel brush. I've been traveling with my current one and I keep boasting to myself how much I like using it and need to include it more in my rotation at home. I'm sure I'd love the Classic 1 in 2 band and it would be completely worth it but I have enough toys at home. I think just being limited to my travel setup on the road has assisted my eyes wandering a bit for the past week.

Regardless, still in! Almost through gentleman!

Gentlemen, I'm out.

I've been saving and selling my extra shave gears to collect enough funds for a Blackland Blackbird SS razor.

A week ago I hit that mark and although I missed the Blackbird sale a month ago, I'd rather have some discipline to use predefined funds for my hobby than to save money at the cost of discipline.

I placed an order for a Blackbird Open Comb in Machined finish along with a Stirling Mutton tallow and Master Soap Creations soap.
Let's hope the customs duty is at the minimum.

Here's to a great next year which is even better and healthier for us and our families.

Last nights shave
Pre-shave: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4)
Blade: Personna Platinum (2)
Soap: C&S No.88
Brush: Omega S-Brush
Post-shave: Alum Block
Davidoff Cool Water AS Splash
Trumper Eucris skin food
C&S No.88 Cologne

Used a synthetic this time with C&S soap and had a much better lather. Buttery smooth shave with no weepers, cuts or nicks. I really do love the No.88 scent, it’s a bit pricey though but you gotta bring out the big guns over Xmas don’t you. Regulation BBS shave.
Stay safe all 😎😎😎😎

Top Bottom