What's new

Urge to accumulate has stopped... concerning?

I feel like I have acquired the razors that best fit me, both DE and SE. I found what I think is a nice brush rotation with badger, boar and syn represented. A purchase of 100 blades each of SE and my fav DE was done a few months back. I have learned which soap and splash works best, again for me. I will every few weeks grab the Arko stick but that is it. The only think I swap around is the scent before I walk out the bathroom.

The rush/need to find the next thing has been squashed to almost nonexistent. My shaves have been regularly great, no complaints.

Is this shave nirvana?
Does the need for something new come back?
Am I just done looking now that I found my "package"?

Now I say most of this all in jest but I find it odd I am not looking for a brush or razor or soap.

Thats all :)

Happy Holidays to this great board.

KM

I feel like I have acquired the razors that best fit me, both DE and SE. I found what I think is a nice brush rotation with badger, boar and syn represented. A purchase of 100 blades each of SE and my fav DE was done a few months back. I have learned which soap and splash works best, again for me. I will every few weeks grab the Arko stick but that is it. The only thing I swap around is the scent before I walk out the bathroom.
Great! :punk:
The rush/need to find the next thing has been squashed to almost nonexistent. My shaves have been regularly great, no complaints.
Most things in life are temporary. :letterk1:
Is this shave nirvana?
Possibly. :001_unsur
It depends... :001_rolle
Maybe. Watch out for those "shaving hobby" gremlins. :wink2:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
During my first year of SR shaving, I was purchasing a new SR about every couple of weeks. This year I have settled down and have only purchased about a dozen.

Who knows what might happen next year. My current feeling 8s that I don't need any more SR's (except for a M7DS of NOS Filli 14's).

I've happily reached that stage. I've been a participant in the shave sabbatical for the last couple of years and my desire to obtain something new is almost nonexistent. I have 3 razors and one synthetic brush with no desire to have any more. I have multiple soaps and aftershaves which I'd like to whittle down to 1-2 soaps and 3-5 aftershaves. I have enough blades to last me at least a decade. I'm set and the only thing that is unsettling now is having too much stuff which when compared to many people here is pretty mild.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I feel like I have acquired the razors that best fit me, both DE and SE. I found what I think is a nice brush rotation with badger, boar and syn represented. A purchase of 100 blades each of SE and my fav DE was done a few months back. I have learned which soap and splash works best, again for me. I will every few weeks grab the Arko stick but that is it. The only think I swap around is the scent before I walk out the bathroom.

Is this shave nirvana?

Now I say most of this all in jest but I find it odd I am not looking for a brush or razor or soap.

Thats all :)

Happy Holidays to this great board.

KM
Not at all concerning. It’s just a new beginning. 😃

I don't want to sound ungrateful with this post. Also, I am saying I miss not looking for something a little bit as well.

One item I haven't dabbled in yet is straight razor and that is an option for me maybe.

In the mean time I am gonna enjoy the ride of knocking out some great regular shaves.

According to my wife the process takes too long, maybe I will try speed up some.

Maybe :)

KM

I'm planning to do the same and once my last package full of vintage razors arrives (hopefully by the end of the month) I think I will get even closer to stop buying razors and other shaving gear in general. I might buy more blades though, since some brands come and go and I wouldn't want my favorite blades to be discontinued and as a result to become more expensive and harder to find.

I have lots of creams and soaps and i'm probably not going to buy more and same goes for brushes. The only thing that I haven't fully stocked is aftershaves and i'm definitely going to buy more in a few years once I empty the few bottles that I have left.

All in all I really enjoyed my journey (and still do) and how I started shaving with a 70's aluminium Tech and then ended up with lots of DE, SE and SR in the process. I can't say for 100% that I would never buy another (modern or vintage) razor again, but just like with everything else in life - for the right price I would buy anything.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I don't want to sound ungrateful with this post. Also, I am saying I miss not looking for something a little bit as well.

One item I haven't dabbled in yet is straight razor and that is an option for me maybe.

In the mean time I am gonna enjoy the ride of knocking out some great regular shaves.

According to my wife the process takes too long, maybe I will try speed up some.

Maybe :)

KM
Definitely get a straight and learn to use it

Top Bottom