What's new

Who makes Truefitt and Hill DE Razors?

Does anyone know who actually makes TH double edged razors? I did a search and it seems there was no consensus. They have one expensive razor that the guy claimed was stainless steel. It had a faux horn handle. I think it is chromed zamax. Who made it? Why so expensive? They have another one that was a lot more expensive, still. It actually might be all stainless steel but highly polished. Beautiful. Who made it? The head looks similar to the EJ DE89 and they advertise made in Sheffield.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
There are many such razor retail websites, and the parts are often zamak heads and plastic handles from China; after rebranding, the prices have been greatly increased.

Although it is impossible to determine the actual source, usually we only need to see "89 type head" to be vigilant, and will not really pay attention to these brands.

Their website says head is made by hand in the UK. Possible Edwin Jagger.

Truefitts "Wellington" style razor with Double Edge head. Made in the UK, our specially weighted and ergonomically hand-crafted razor handles are designed to assist in giving you the smoothest, safest shave possible

Their website says head is made by hand in the UK. Possible Edwin Jagger.
I was thinking that. And then, there is the fact that the more expensive version is said to be from Sheffield and is solid stainless steel. Does that mean EJ makes an all stainless razor for them that they don't make for themselves?

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I was thinking that. And then, there is the fact that the more expensive version is said to be from Sheffield and is solid stainless steel. Does that mean EJ makes an all stainless razor for them that they don't make for themselves?
The possibility is very small.

I live in Asia, and there is a razor website that promotes "British Handmade" and "British Traditional Brand", but the residents know that it is only a local company. They introduced the Chinese clone EJ and renamed it.

This is a common phenomenon in the shaving market today, and so are many "brands" on Amazon.

R

romsitsa

Most likely zamak head on steel and resin/brass handles. If made in Sheffield EJ would be the best candidate.
As they claim hand crafted (how is a cast or machine turned razor hand crafted?) and stainless steel, I have my doubts that it is actually made in Sheffield.
You usually pay a premium for the name of the company and if lucky, for better QC.

I have my doubts if T&H would engage in razor design and its specifications. Much better to have EJ be an OEM and stamp 10k of their current product line with T&H.

Only stainless steel razor from EJ I am aware of and love is the 3one6 and it them several years and iterations to arrive at a great design.

They have a vendor account on here @Truefitt & Hill , hopefully they are able and willing to answer. I didn't know they made and sold razors. Their soaps are great though!
Hello, All our razors and brushes and other hardware are made in the UK, Sheffield in Sheffield and other hardware near London. Let me know if you have any further questions either by responding here or by email [email protected].

Well, there we have it. Apparently, TH razors are actually made in Sheffield. That is encouraging. They are expensive, here. However, they are beautiful to look at. I still don't know if they are all stainless or if the heads are zamax. That is not clear.

Top Bottom