What's new

Is there such a thing as a truly FRAGRANCE FREE shaving soap?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Everything smells of something, but I consider a soap unscented, or fragrance free, if it just smells like a regular plain bar soap. No added scents would be a better description perhaps.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Many thanks for all the replies guys, appreciated. :thumbsup:

BTW, I'm in the UK, so once shipping is added to the (made in USA) suggestions... this experiment gets kinda expensive.

Thanks for that @shavefan. Unfortunately the Italian XPEC Unscented appears to be "out of stock" everywhere I've looked. I've left my email address with Shaving.ie for when it's back in stock (I attempted to do the same with Gifts&Care but they tell me that my email address is invalid :001_rolle).

Thanks Brad. I've emailed Doug/Fran to check if that's truly the case (with their experienced noses).

I got the same message from G&C but for a different OOS product.

I love the smell of the Simpsons' "Unscented" Luxury Shaving Cream they were giving away with each purchase for several years (looks like it's finally gone). Smelled like pansy. Unscented pansy, of course.

Me too. Their vanilla rose that I bought (99% rose) was so intense that I mixed them together, now I have two tubs of beautifully scented rose creams.

Everything smells of something, but I consider a soap unscented, or fragrance free, if it just smells like a regular plain bar soap. No added scents would be a better description perhaps.

Not the unscented XPEC cream, Zero, zilch, nada. And my nose is sensitive. I can easily smell the lavender in T&H UC.

Ethos Clean is a completely unscented soap that is made from, IMHO, the best soap base on the market. There is not even any tallow scent to this soap. If I'm needing unscented, this is the soap I will go to every time.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Ya know @Owen Bawn , I'm thinking you might have come up with an EXCELLENT tag line for some of us married fellers.... "unscented pansy" or "Unscented Pansy"....

It could rotate amongst us more "macho" members....

For a sensitive nose, Mike's unscented is great.

For sensitive skin, MWF is awesome!
Doesn't at all flare up my inflammation prone skin and in fact, soothes it!

M

Member 113878

Recently got Talbot Shaving Trust from TOTC and it smeels nothing to me.
On sale at the moment FYI...

Recently got Talbot Shaving Trust from TOTC and it smeels nothing to me.
On sale at the moment FYI...
I got the same soap on sale from ToTC and it is the strongest smelling “unscented” soap I’ve tried. The base / ingredients smell like a loaf of bread. I got it months ago and have left the lid off trying to see if the smell would dissipate to no avail. On the plus side, the performance of it is unreal 👍

Top Bottom