What's new

Old school after shave splash

I *LOVE* old school aftershaves....but the modern version of them :D

A few that I am digging recently are PAA Black Bot (a Black Belt) clone, Lo Haiku (a Hai Karate clone) and Cold Spices (an Old Spice clone). There are man others, but these ones crush it!

I *LOVE* old school aftershaves....but the modern version of them :D

A few that I am digging recently are PAA Black Bot (a Black Belt) clone, Lo Haiku (a Hai Karate clone) and Cold Spices (an Old Spice clone). There are man others, but these ones crush it!
I agree!! I would add ET TU (Brut)

Of all the aftershaves tried Aqua Velva and Skin Bracer are to me two of the most masculine and pleasing scents ever. Of the two skin Bracer feels better on my skin. I also recently tried out Speik and I love that as well. Although fleeting it manages to be floral and masculine simultaneously. Clubman makes my skin feel all soft and I love the old school barber, oak moss smell. However my girlfriend will kick me out of the room.
Agreed 100%...Clubman is incredible but my wife really doesn't love it ☹️. Also, maybe not very Old School, but I have started enjoying Aqua Velva Musk quite a bit (but it's pretty powerful IMHO hahaha 😂)

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Lustray Spice
Lustray Blue Spice
Lustray Coachman
Old Spice
Gabels Bay Rum
Pinaud Clubman
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Murray and Lanman Florida Water

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Agreed 100%...Clubman is incredible but my wife really doesn't love it ☹️. Also, maybe not very Old School, but I have started enjoying Aqua Velva Musk quite a bit (but it's pretty powerful IMHO hahaha 😂)

I consider anything vintage to be ‘old school’. The official definition of vintage is anything older than 25 years.

Aqua Velva Musk was introduced in 1975. That would make AV Musk, 46 years old. :)

My youngest, aka the Critter, who's a few weeks shy of five, LOVES Clubman. The other day she and Mrs. Scandalous dropped me off and apparently the conversation went like this:

"Daddy smells so GOOD! And now the car smells good too! Do you know what he smells like to me? Pickles. [Editor's note...okay...?] But we can't eat him because he is alive."

I actually get more of a pickly note from Special Reserve, it reminds me of similar dry woody notes in superannuated rye whiskey.

So I have a real problem here. Mrs. S loves the Veg. The dog loves Old Spice. And the Critter loves Clubman.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
My youngest, aka the Critter, who's a few weeks shy of five, LOVES Clubman. The other day she and Mrs. Scandalous dropped me off and apparently the conversation went like this:

"Daddy smells so GOOD! And now the car smells good too! Do you know what he smells like to me? Pickles. [Editor's note...okay...?] But we can't eat him because he is alive."

I actually get more of a pickly note from Special Reserve, it reminds me of similar dry woody notes in superannuated rye whiskey.

So I have a real problem here. Mrs. S loves the Veg. The dog loves Old Spice. And the Critter loves Clubman.

Good problem to have!

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!

Mix them all together! You can thank me later…. :lol:

Hey guys just thought I might try to start a discussion for today just thought I'd ask what are your guys his favorite old school aftershave splashes I particularly like Aqua Velva ice blue pinaud Clubman skin bracer osage rub.

What's your guys's favorite and pics
Great question. My favorite by far is English Leather. Lime scent to be exact. I can't find the Lime so I put lime oil in the regular.

I have worn clubman forever! It was my first! My dad wore it abs he moved on to Canoe…. He gave it to my twin and I when we were little abs we have worn it ever since.

I loce my Holy Trinity of aftershaves.
1 clubman
2 Aqua velva
3 skin bracer

I am different about it cologne… if I wear cologne… little witch hazel or NiveA post shave balm and then it’s crazy expensive cologne…. Which I only wear when I am home with the wife on weekends or we are going somewhere formal

How Wierd I make things!!!

My favs in no particular order:

Osage Rub
VIBR
Lilac Vegetal
Old Spice

Runner ups:

Aqua Velva
Skin Bracer
Clubman (love the scent but it irritates me sometimes)

and Brut is okay.

Top Bottom