What's new

Old school after shave splash

Hey guys just thought I might try to start a discussion for today just thought I'd ask what are your guys his favorite old school aftershave splashes I particularly like Aqua Velva ice blue pinaud Clubman skin bracer osage rub.

What's your guys's favorite and pics

For my 18th birthday (31 Dec 1969) my high school sweetheart gave me an A/S from a Louisville, KY department store.
The A/S was green in color and had a minty scent.
The bottle resembled a chemistry lab flask. It had a large bulb shaped bottom and tall neck with a silver colored screw on cap.
The bottle was in a styro-foam package with no label or any naming information.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
For my 18th birthday (31 Dec 1969) my high school sweetheart gave me an A/S from a Louisville, KY department store.
The A/S was green in color and had a minty scent.
The bottle resembled a chemistry lab flask. It had a large bulb shaped bottom and tall neck with a silver colored screw on cap.
The bottle was in a styro-foam package with no label or any naming information.
sb.jpg

I suggest a few ‘old school‘ options:
Pinaud (anything, but especially clubman)
Floid (multiple options)
Speick
Pitralon (especially the classic)
La Toja

That should get you started!! :a29:

Of all the aftershaves tried Aqua Velva and Skin Bracer are to me two of the most masculine and pleasing scents ever. Of the two skin Bracer feels better on my skin. I also recently tried out Speik and I love that as well. Although fleeting it manages to be floral and masculine simultaneously. Clubman makes my skin feel all soft and I love the old school barber, oak moss smell. However my girlfriend will kick me out of the room.

I probably still have half a small glass bottle of AV. Love the scent - hate how long it lasts on my face. I used AV in the 60s, but it just lasts too long for me these days. I've even tried diluting it with 4 parts wh, but it's still too strong for me old mug.

Gabel's, Master, Stephen's ,Clubman Pinaud, and Lustray all are old school barbershop brands. I'm going through the lot to see what I like best

My top pics personally would be AV Musk/Blue, Tabac and Speick. If you have not tried Spieck you are doing yourself a disservice my friend.

Another one of my all-time favorites is the old classic Florida water the scent doesn't last very long but it smells great and spicy citrus

Lavender straight away but it has this amazing smell i can't quite describe (assuming the speick plant) kinda spicy in a sense with some citrus notes to it. Love the tallowed soap, cream is amazing as well. I even use their deodorant and bar soap (my absolute favorite bar soap hands down the soapest soap)

Top Bottom