What's new

Blackland Vector SB / Mühle ROCCA v4 vs. Wolfman WR2 - efficiency?

Gents,

I recently acquired a Blackland Vector SB (SS), which I have used now for 9 consecutive daily shaves without skin issues (sensitive skin on my neck with anoying swirling pattern) and excellent results in terms of closeness - I really like her 😉 as a daily driver.
Same goes for my Muehle Rocca, which is a neat daily driver as well.

Since there is a urging itch in the back of my head to maybe add a Wolfman WR2 to my stash as well I wonder which blade gab would be a nice equivalent in terms of efficiency to the razors named above ? If such a comparision already has been made I apologize to bother you. I have made some early assessments and narrowed it down to WR2 1.05 (to mild?) or WR2 1.15 .

I like the level of blade feel both the Vector (paired with an unguarded blade) and the Rocca provide (don't mind more but wouldn't "need" more) - they feel smooth but efficient enough. The level of efficiency should not fall behind the level which the Rocca or Vector (or a Fatboy/Slim on 6) provide.

So I'm looking for a daily driver Wolfman.

May I ask you to share your thoughts?

Last edited:
It is like comparing apples to oranges. In my opinion the Vector can not be compared to any DE razor because of the difference in type of blade they use. I do not mean to derail your thread. I would also like to get my hands on a wolfman someday:)
If i use my Vector with the OC and a Feather Super blade i would definitely not call it a daily driver. Something to consider for a little variation and a little more stubble to chop down.

It is like comparing apples to oranges. In my opinion the Vector can not be compared to any DE razor because of the difference in type of blade they use.
Fair enough, but my aim was not to find a Wolfman which provides a similar shave experience compared to the Vector (which indeed isn't possible due to the DE-SE difference), my aim predominantly was to find out which Wolfman SR2 might provide a similar level of efficiency compared to the three razors named with a 3 pass shave. So it's more about the result.

Anyways, thanks for your feedback 😀

Last edited:
Reactions: JPO
Gents,

I recently acquired a Blackland Vector SB (SS), which I have used now for 9 consecutive daily shaves without skin issues (sensitive skin on my neck with anoying swirling pattern) and excellent results in terms of closeness - I really like her 😉 as a daily driver.
Same goes for my Muehle Rocca, which is a neat daily driver as well.

Since there is a urging itch in the back of my head to maybe add a Wolfman WR2 to my stash as well I wonder which blade gab would be a nice equivalent in terms of efficiency to the razors named above ? If such a comparision already has been made I apologize to bother you. I have made some early assessments and narrowed it down to WR2 1.05 (to mild?) or WR2 1.15 .

I like the level of blade feel both the Vector (paired with an unguarded blade) and the Rocca provide (don't mind more but wouldn't "need" more) - they feel smooth but efficient enough. The level of efficiency should not fall behind the level which the Rocca or Vector (or a Fatboy/Slim on 6) provide.

So I'm looking for a daily driver Wolfman.

May I ask you to share your thoughts?
I'm curious about your perception of the efficiency of the Vector vs the Rocca. I own a Rocca, but I don't consider it one of my most efficient razors. I've been waiting for the stainless steel Vector to become available again, but if it is not as efficient as the Rocca I probably will not be happy with it.

I favor very efficient/aggressive razors, so take that into consideration. I love the design of the Vector, but it was too mild for my regular use. I am very happy with my Wolfman WR2 1.65 and even at that blade gap, it is still a smooth shaver. I would speculate that somewhere in the 1.15-1.25 range would probably suit you. That said, I have no experience with the Rocca or the Fatboy.

I'm curious about your perception of the efficiency of the Vector vs the Rocca. I own a Rocca, but I don't consider it one of my most efficient razors.
Neither do I.

In a nutshell, IMO they feel quite similar in terms of efficiency. Both the Vector and Rocca (if combined with a "middle of the road" blade in terms of sharpness) constantly provide me with close shaves and no skin irritation. They are not "too much" for me when used daily for a longer period of time (I'm talking about that kind of sore feeling of the skin which can occure after 5+ shaves on a daily basis with a more aggressive razor, which causes me to take a break for a day to let the skin fully recover).
And that's great feature.

Now I wonder which is the Wolfman sibbling to watch out for to get a similar result.

Last edited:
Top Bottom