What's new

Platinum Strangelet Super Sharps by PAA

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Has anyone tried these blades from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements? I have 100 on the way. I just added another year to my lifetime blade supply. 🤑

I received mine today. Here are some pics of the packaging. The blade has the same thing on both sides. I'm looking forward to trying one out tomorrow!

PXL_20211206_214753583.MP.resized.jpgPXL_20211206_214906982.MP.resized.jpgPXL_20211206_214935354.MP.resized.jpgPXL_20211206_214958088.MP.resized.jpgPXL_20211206_215051837.resized.jpg

Well that didn't take long for them to remove the "introductory price."

Yeah I was thinking that I could buy 100 Nacet plus 100 Wilkinson sword blades on Amazon for less than the PAA blades. If the PAA blades are really good then I don't mind the price but I have yet to try any blade out of China that beat the Russians.

Yeah I was thinking that I could buy 100 Nacet plus 100 Wilkinson sword blades on Amazon for less than the PAA blades. If the PAA blades are really good then I don't mind the price but I have yet to try any blade out of China that beat the Russians.
To be fair, $15 added to an existing order was fine. He probably figured people wouldn't go for $20 so he chose something in between. I can still get another 200 box of Personnas for $30. There are good blades coming out of Shanghai, not necessarily better. If I didn't have so many vintage blades, I would get back to testing.

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Mine arrived yesterday. I did a shave this morning with my Rockwell 6C and 5 plate. The shave was ok, but so far it’s definitely not one of my favorite blades. To be fair I’ll get some more shaves on that blade. Sometimes the second and third shave are better. I’ll try some different razors too.

276847A7-B6F8-4C19-8707-AEEDDDB53A59.jpeg

I liked them. I think they are nearly as sharp as Nacet maybe tied. I got them at Intro price. Seemed reasonable as same price as Nacet.

The best value blade I have found is Rainbow. 7.99 and imho as good as PAA and Nacet
Are you going to try for 2-3 shaves each? It’s a good thing you have other people you can give some to because it’s going to take forever to use them while testing other blades.

Are you going to try for 2-3 shaves each? It’s a good thing you have other people you can give some to because it’s going to take forever to use them while testing other blades.
I am currently one and done with the first blade of each pack. Then I will see how the ones I like 8, 9, 10 compare over multiple shaves.
Also longer term how consistent the blades are in the whole tuck.

I am currently one and done with the first blade of each pack. Then I will see how the ones I like 8, 9, 10 compare over multiple shaves.
Also longer term how consistent the blades are in the whole tuck.
You might try corking one side as Ken is doing in his testing and see which side feels better. If one is noticeably better, you can finish on that side and bin it.

I liked them. I think they are nearly as sharp as Nacet maybe tied. I got them at Intro price. Seemed reasonable as same price as Nacet.

The best value blade I have found is Rainbow. 7.99 and imho as good as PAA and Nacet
Try Lord’s Silver Star, Crown, Shark SS, Cool, Asco, Racer, Platinum and Big Ben if you like the Rainbow blades. YMMV, but Rainbows are my least favourite of the dozen or so different Lord blades I own. 👍

Silver Stars are as good as any top tier blades IMO. And they are cheap.

Try Lord’s Silver Star, Crown, Shark SS, Cool, Asco, Racer, Platinum and Big Ben if you like the Rainbow blades. YMMV, but Rainbows are my least favourite of the dozen or so different Lord blades I own. 👍

Silver Stars are as good as any top tier blades IMO. And they are cheap.
I tried Lord Platinum today. I liked rainbow better, but I have a whole tuck and will try again.
I like sharp. The sharper the better

I am always surprised at how much people will spend on other wet shaving items Brushes, razors, soaps, Aftershave, and pre shave. And then when it comes to blades they want to bring up price. I get that you have what you like at a good price. But how many of us have spent way more on a soap we didn't like. How about a movie that sucked. Shaving is supposed to be fun and enjoyable and if a decent blade with some cool packaging does that for a couple dollars more I am going to do it. I have tried them they don't seem bad. Have fun and shave on!!

Top Bottom