What's new

New DE blade from Phoenix Shaving?

confirmed they are made in china via the website. Now the question is what brands and are made in China or DE blade factories ???
The only reputable brand is the Gillette-Wilkinson Sword one. Gillette has a factory in China producing these blades for the India and Asian market.

I bought a 100 pack for $6 in the summer and they are very good blades, very mild feeling but sharp.

Ask some people who lived through it in realtime if it's confabulated.
I was an active member of another shaving forum (don’t judge me!) when all of this went down. It was better than any reality TV. Almost painful to watch, but so entertaining. Mind boggling really.

I‘m sure the new PAA products are excellent, but I haven’t tried any and very likely won’t. Unless of course he changes his name and sells the company to his new alias without anyone finding out this time. :letterk1:

I will be honest. I don't truly expect to like them. I am so picky about blades. I have only liked 4 I have tried so far. The 4 Sharpest.
The smart thing to do, if you are worried about biasing your results, is put all the blades in a box and pick one at random. Then load it without looking at the blade.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
The guy that caused the massive loss of life in the Johnstown flood so he could have a two lane road over his dam.
Along with Andrew Mellon and Henry Clay Frick, for whom multiple things in Pittsburgh are named for. Frick, I beleve, was the most responsible for the disaster.

Great idea. I am pretty good at being unbiased causenof packaging. If they are as sharp and smooth as Nacet they stay. Of not I give away
Nacets are my favorite as well. I haven't seen an artisan come out with a blade so it's interesting to me. Also, one wet shaver bought a 100 pack based off a tuck that he used so I'm optimistic. PAA has their past but I want to judge the product, sorely on how it performs.

Well, time to shut this thread down. Posting reviews starting on the seventh page doesn’t make a lot of sense. That and the cat being out of the bag… 😬

The only reputable brand is the Gillette-Wilkinson Sword one. Gillette has a factory in China producing these blades for the India and Asian market.

I bought a 100 pack for $6 in the summer and they are very good blades, very mild feeling but sharp.

Hmm, I don't think that's the consenus on the forum. Lot's a positive reviews on blades out of Gillette's Shanghai factory.
1638624405154.png

1638624492926.png

1638624618842.png

1638624686824.png

1638624770776.png

1638624909199.png

1638625303763.png

Attachments

• 1638625810524.png
    1638625810524.png
    721.2 KB · Views: 10
Hmm, I don't think that's the consenus on the forum. Lot's a positive reviews on blades out of Gillette's Shanghai factory.
View attachment 1372716
View attachment 1372717
View attachment 1372720
View attachment 1372723
View attachment 1372724
View attachment 1372728
View attachment 1372734
Yes, I meant blades from the Shanghai factory are good, using specifically the Gillette-Wilkinson sword as primary examples.. haven't tried any one of those other ones so I cannot personally vouch for them.

Yes PAA.

They are smooth and sharp. Tied with Nacet, but Perhaps better even. I won't say absolutely better till more tests.
Time to try the Wizamets that everybody is raving about. They should be the same combination of smooth and sharp. Not to throw out your new blades, but to see what they compare to. I think you had some silver blues, might be time to do a back to back test. ;)

I think you didn't love the silver blue, so try corking it.

Ok, early impressions are very positive.
Found a vid, Ken here just took off a goatee with over a month's worth with ease. I am very tempted...

View attachment 1372716
View attachment 1372717
View attachment 1372720
View attachment 1372723
View attachment 1372724
View attachment 1372728
View attachment 1372734
I've had mixed success with Shanghai Blades. About 2 years ago, I was given a couple to try, Ying JiLi Super Stainless, GFLV, and the Flying Eagle. The Ying JiLi was a very good blade, 5 very good shaves; the GFLV was a bad blade (I muscled thru 2 shaves and regretted it); but, the Flying Eagle broke my heart. It was an amazingly beautiful blade (black with relief etching) that ripped out each hair individually instead of smoothly cutting them (how could something so beautiful be so cruel...my poor whiskers).

but, the Flying Eagle broke my heart. It was an amazingly beautiful blade (black with relief etching) that ripped out each hair individually instead of smoothly cutting them (how could something so beautiful be so cruel...my poor whiskers).
If the blade name was changed to flying blood eagle it would be appropriate description to the torture endured.
On the PAA blades, I'll try a tuck if the price is right. I have a backlog of blades to go through first.
Don't forget about these high quality made in China bad boys that I got with my dollar store Assured razor.
download.jpeg

Top Bottom