What's new

GIVEAWAY! Christmas contest!!!

Very generous,
and I am very in! 😊

Christmas is a time for sharing. Sharing in the whole of life. Sharing joy and also extending oneself to share another’s burdens and sorrows as well. Sharing a time of stillness and peace, gratitude and hope. If you are on your own this season or surround by the clamor of many souls, none are alone. Reach out and share life, however you best can. Happy Holidays Everyone 🙏🏼🖖🏼

Mahalo nui loa
Mela Kalikimaka & Hau’oli Makahiki Hou !

means family time and what most folks should be year round :)

huge part is at 58yr old putting up tree with kids passing great memories down to kids every year my parents bought ornaments for tree and wife and I did for each other so I have a gap in there :)
but we do same for kids and its amazing how much each ornament brings back memories with each one often having a certain one attached to it ! Maybe that is enjoy family time and create memories together :)

My strongest memories from Christmas are: family, cartoons (grew up watching Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Pink Panther, Garfield and Nutcracker) and me most polarizing Brazilian sweet treat Panetone (50% of the country love it and 50% hate it), but now we have Chocotone (chocolate filling instead dried fruits) ;)

Thanks for the generous giveaway. I love the Captain’s Choice products. I’m very in :)

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Although this will fall short...here goes.

God became man, the Creator became the creation, in the person of Jesus. In Him, we see the Father's face and come to know the Father. In doing this, God humbled Himself and lowered Himself for our sake...and in doing so, has lifted us up into the most amazing closeness with Him. God found man a fitting vessel to become. We celebrate His coming into the world, that He Himself created, at Christmas. We also recognize that, He will come again, either at the end of creation or the end of our lives, whichever comes first. This is the "Reason for the Season" as is often said. Indeed it is Good News, that God came to save us and to show us how to be people of great love and service...to give us back our identity and to "Save us all from Satan's power" as the popular Christmas carol proclaims.

For me personally, it's a time to get together with family and friends...to remember good times and blessings and celebrate the gift that we are to one another...that God has given us companions on the journey. It's a time to give thanks to God.

Merry Christmas.

Not in, but I'll chime in on the meaning to me. Of course, as a Christian, I celebrate the birth of mankind's Savior. But it's also the only time of the year where everything slows down and we can start really seeing each other. Stores are closed. If we're lucky enough to have a snowfall, I can walk outside and not hear traffic, or see other people outside. It's really a remarkable time to sit and talk with the people you love.

winner.gif

Many of you echo my thoughts exactly. Namely that for me, Christmas is about the birth of my Lord and Savior. It is a reminder that as His creation we are saved by his willing sacrifice on the cross, not by anything we do. It is our human nature, I think, to believe that surely we can earn favor / surely we bring something to the table when our day of reckoning arrives. Fortunately we don't, and because of that we are all treated as equals on that day.

So what is expected of us? If there is nothing we can do to earn favor, then what? The Bible is a wonderful read and I have often thought that Romans 10:9 captures it perfectly:

"...because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

That's it. Done. And you will join all believers in having eternal life. Notice in the passage how our Creator wants both our hearts and our minds? He wants us to be all in and that is a good thing!

There, who says you can't have "church" on a Monday? ;) The service is now over - see you next week :biggrin1: . Now on to the CONTEST WINNERS!!!

Random.org has selected our three winners and they are:

@Danuhoh
@awk_m4 (outside CONUS and so a replacement was selected)
@Ckmaui
@cwright

As it turns out, awk_m4 is not CONUS so random.org has selected @cwright as the rightful winner!

If you are a winner you now have a $50.00 credit to purchase anything you like right here.

When you have your items selected just email us at: [email protected]

Please be sure to include your mailing address and we will get your selections on the way to you!

Congratulations to the winners and we do thank each of you for entering this year. Here is wishing each and every one of you a Merry Christmas!

~ The Captain

Last edited:
View attachment 1373872

Many of you echo my thoughts exactly. Namely that for me, Christmas is about the birth of my Lord and Savior. It is a reminder that as His creation we are saved by his willing sacrifice on the cross, not by anything we do. It is our human nature, I think, to believe that surely we can earn favor / surely we bring something to the table when our day of reckoning arrives. Fortunately we don't, and because of that we are all treated as equals on that day.

So what is expected of us? If there is nothing we can do to earn favor, then what? The Bible is a wonderful read and I have often thought that Romans 10:9 captures it perfectly:

"...because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

That's it. Done. And you will join all believers in having eternal life. Notice in the passage how our Creator wants both our hearts and our minds? He wants us to be all in and that is a good thing!

Christmas is a terrific time with family and food and connecting. For me, it is complete if we have snow which is about half of the time. Turn on the Christmas music, crank out some cookies, and put your feet up for a spell.

Now, on to the contest winners! Random.org has selected our three winners and they are:

@Danuhoh
@awk_m4
@Ckmaui

If you are a winner you now have a $50.00 credit to purchase anything you like right here.

Please be sure to include your mailing address and we will get your selections on the way to you!

Congratulations to the winners and we do thank each of you for entering this year. Here is wishing each and every one of you a Merry Christmas!

~ The Captain
Congrats to the winners! Thank you @Captain Pre-Capsize for another outstanding PIF!

Scott your public proclamation, both as a fellow Christian and a vendor, is also very refreshing. Thank you for that and for what you do!

View attachment 1373872

There, who says you can't have "church" on a Monday? ;) The service is now over - see you next week :biggrin1: . Now on to the CONTEST WINNERS!!!

Random.org has selected our three winners and they are:

@Danuhoh
@awk_m4
@Ckmaui

~ The Captain
Scott:
Thank you so much for this but I suspect the randomizer didn't take into account that I'm in Canada and not eligible for your generous PIF. Please extend this amazing gift to one of friends south of the 49th.
Scott thank you for holding service today! Very much appreciated! I'd like to wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

awk-m4

Scott:
Thank you so much for this but I suspect the randomizer didn't take into account that I'm in Canada and not eligible for your generous PIF. Please extend this amazing gift to one of friends south of the 49th.
Scott thank you for holding service today! Very much appreciated! I'd like to wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

awk-m4
Oops, let me spin the wheel again... Random.org has selected @cwright as the rightful winner!

Will edit and update original post now.

Top Bottom