What's new

Egyptian Shaving Creams? What's out there

I may have an opportunity to get some creams sent to me from Egypt. I know Ingram from Egypt is supposed to be great (blue and green). Does anyone know of anything else I should ask for in a package from Egypt?

Thanks

Many Egyptian men love Nivea shaving cream. Mind if I ask you a question, do you speak Arabic, Rick?
I understand Arabic if it’s spoken slowly because I speak fluent Hebrew. I speak a little Arabic and according to my Egyptian friends I have a completely Egyptian accent. I’m of Hungarian Jewish origin and I’m fluent in:

Hungarian
Romanian
German
Russian
Yiddish
Hebrew
English
French

I can converse decently in:

Polish
Czech
Bulgarian
Serbian
Croatian
Macedonian

A friend of mine who’s Israeli and also lives in Canada speaks almost every dialect of Arabic so perfectly that he has people in total shock.

Rick

In Egypt, one can find Nivea Men shaving cream either in blue or white tubes for 44-47 Egyptian pound since it’s readily available over there, though it’s a German product. Arabic is closely related to Hebrew, however an Arab can’t understand Hebrew at all.

Ingram from Egypt comes in two variants - the original one is in a white tube with blue writing like the UK one and the Extra Cool type in a white tube with green writing. Both are excellent.

Rick
Is the Ingram cream from Egypt similar to the Ingram cream that used to be made in the UK? I don't have anymore of the UK cream and was thinking of trying the Egyptian cream. I'm in the US, but I can get the cream from Egypt on ebay.

Is the Ingram cream from Egypt similar to the Ingram cream that used to be made in the UK? I don't have anymore of the UK cream and was thinking of trying the Egyptian cream. I'm in the US, but I can get the cream from Egypt on ebay.
Yes and no. The Egyptian versions have the same scent and lather but the menthol sensation are stronger than the British one. The Egyptian creams don’t turn watery like the British Ingrams and the skincare seems to be better.

Rick

Yes and no. The Egyptian versions have the same scent and lather but the menthol sensation are stronger than the British one. The Egyptian creams don’t turn watery like the British Ingrams and the skincare seems to be better.

Rick
Great! This sounds all good. Thank you for your reply!

I understand Arabic if it’s spoken slowly because I speak fluent Hebrew. I speak a little Arabic and according to my Egyptian friends I have a completely Egyptian accent. I’m of Hungarian Jewish origin and I’m fluent in:

Hungarian
Romanian
German
Russian
Yiddish
Hebrew
English
French

I can converse decently in:

Polish
Czech
Bulgarian
Serbian
Croatian
Macedonian

A friend of mine who’s Israeli and also lives in Canada speaks almost every dialect of Arabic so perfectly that he has people in total shock.

Rick
Man, you are a polyglot - I’m impressed.

Top Bottom